Season tickets | Page 12 | Vital Football

Season tickets

I know Bob quite well, he never misses a Liverpool game, including all the champions league games,top bloke too. His son had a spell watching Latics in his teens,although he has since moved away from Wigan.
He moved away several years ago due to work but has been back in Wigan quite a while. His family were all scousers , he took me before 1 match his Grandma or summat. Oh to be 14 again.

Wlatic

Vital Reserves Team
Runcorn is a place I would say is a lost cause to try & attract more supporters. A lot of people came over to Runcorn from Liverpool in the 70's/80's (as they moved to a lot of places around that time including Wigan for that matter) so were either Liverpool or Everton fans to begin with, & whose children have followed in their footsteps.

There is the odd Man Utd supporter (probably 1 in 30). Whilst having two lowly league non league teams within the town, it is a place that is populated mainly with supporters of both the teams from Merseyside.

So as others have suggested, we do need to focus on other not too far away towns such as Warrington, St Helens, Leigh/Atherton(?). I'd forget Chorley as I imagine with them living close to both Bolton & Preston, they might lean in that direction. Or, try to convince the "Wigan born local armchair big club supporter" to come down & support their home town team.
Targeting fans already in those areas a few times a season to drag others along will work. We've done it with two different people, few games on a free used season ticket and now they have their own. Our kids pricing is really good, the only nightmare we've had is trying to get everyone within the same area of the stand as you've got multiple groups expanding (never a bad thing).

Price of football is not bad it’s what you have to pay to bring kidds with you £4.50 for the most awful hot dog in a bag. Maybe £5.50 next season. So if you take two children you can say with drinks and food. That’s a extra 20 quid. Same with beer rip off and crap We have a lot to learn. Mk dons last season and the times I have been much better. Wigan are famous for pies and we don’t sell good ones. Should be pies peas and Gravy. Make the match day experience good and affordable

Price of football is not bad it’s what you have to pay to bring kidds with you £4.50 for the most awful hot dog in a bag. Maybe £5.50 next season. So if you take two children you can say with drinks and food. That’s a extra 20 quid. Same with beer rip off and crap We have a lot to learn. Mk dons last season and the times I have been much better. Wigan are famous for pies and we don’t sell good ones. Should be pies peas and Gravy. Make the match day experience good and affordable
Good shout, but perhaps leave the gravy to the egg men 🤣

Th10

Vital Reserves Team
Bradford city just announced season ticket sales of over 14000 in league 2. Bradford watch Bradford. Not other teams that’s our problem and always as been
https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2022/april/own-the-moment-202223-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

they also have the cheapest season tickets in the football league, I think they’ve been doing this for a while. Fair play to them, I think more clubs should do it. They’re a big city and if the club started doing well it could really take off.

The option of dd payments makes it a lot more affordable for people too, we’ve only offered a way of paying in instalments. As a few have said, the clubs marketing really needs to improve if we want to attract more supporters.

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2022/april/own-the-moment-202223-season-tickets-on-sale-now/

they also have the cheapest season tickets in the football league, I think they’ve been doing this for a while. Fair play to them, I think more clubs should do it. They’re a big city and if the club started doing well it could really take off.

The option of dd payments makes it a lot more affordable for people too, we’ve only offered a way of paying in instalments. As a few have said, the clubs marketing really needs to improve if we want to attract more supporters.
The flip-side of course being that Bradford despite being a big club remain marooned in L2 as they cannot afford to bring in the players required to get out of the division as a result of those cheap season tickets.

Try that at Wigan, we'll end up marooned in L1 and unlike at Bradford, our fans won't keep renewing regardless of how cheap it is. We'd probably end up dropping further down.

Th10

Vital Reserves Team
They’ve just signed Harry Chapman and Richie Smallwood. I’d argue that they have the biggest budget in league 2 and have just underachieved for the last few years.

Both Bradford and Huddersfield have massively increased their support in recent years by selling cheaper season tickets. I’m not saying it would work everywhere but it’s inevitable you sell more tickets if they are made more affordable.

They’ve just signed Harry Chapman and Richie Smallwood. I’d argue that they have the biggest budget in league 2 and have just underachieved for the last few years.

Both Bradford and Huddersfield have massively increased their support in recent years by selling cheaper season tickets. I’m not saying it would work everywhere but it’s inevitable you sell more tickets if they are made more affordable.
But, it's run as a business and they aim to maximise revenue. Would the additional uptake of cheaper tickets offset the loss in revenue of the 7k that would have paid more anyway ?