Season tickets | Page 3 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Free hat for the first 5000. God how many does he think we will sell. Hope some one as informed him. How many fans we get. And when he comes to first match what to expect.
That's up to him and his team to sort out but they must know. He should get the best reception ever given to a Latics chairman including Sir Dave.
On the crowd front though hopefully the chairman will set up some decent marketing for once, even down to basics like simple and cheap merchandise.

A month before the start of the season and pay day has been and gone for most, plus the uncertainty and nervousness about going to a venue with lots of people whilst Covid is still rife. I hope he hasn't ordered those hats already because I reckon they'll be at least a thousand spare.

Very nice gesture though and good to see kids getting prioritised price wise.

Be very surprised if we sell any where near 5 thousand.
I don't know John we should. Hopefully if they are at a reasonable price the public will be clamouring to purchase them. It's one way of backing these new owners who have come in to save our club. I never get one as I can't make all the matches through being away in spring and autumn but this season I definitely will do just as a matter of adding support to what they have done for us.

Previous owners have tried all sorts to try and boost crowd numbers but unfortunately for whatever reason the only time the average attendance seems to rise is glamerous opposition or success.

I'm sure the new ownership have all sorts of great ambitions and plans to get new folks in but I do genuinely worry that they may not get the response they hoped and get a bit disheartened.

Fingers crossed they will find more success in growing the fan base when everyone else struggled. As they invested in us so it would be nice if the town / casuals came out to show their appreciation.

Well how many did we sell last time in league one. That should tell us a bit more.

Slightly different from the last time John.We nearly lost our club.the pandemic when nowone has been able to go plus the real feel good factor the new owners have brought.I agree with KDZ it will be difficult to attract new fans as we just dont have the population to give us a big fan base but now should be a great time to get some decent attendance's.

I hope your right. ZAKKY. i will be getting one. But my two grandsons have lost interest. And don’t want to go again. which as disappointed me. But that’s life.

I might be mistaken but didnt the Grandsons lose interest in 2015 and decide they wanted to go watching Chorley?

I honestly think 5000 is possible with whats gone on we nearly lost the club anyone whos had any connection with the club i would expect to see them at the ground next season it would be a massive let down if that didnt happen

Good luck with your 5k ST sales but I think you might struggle with that number. At Wanderers, we’ve only sold 9k so far when we expected a good few more than that after last year. I think we both have to be realistic and accept that as well as living in a generally low wage area, the impact of the pandemic, furlough and lost jobs will have an impact. Theres also the chance of some form of lockdown being resumed again if numbers do increase as some suggest, so I think we may see more walk ins than people taking a chance with a ST. Anyway, whatever, we’re both here to resume battle so that’s something to be grateful for!!

Good luck with your 5k ST sales but I think you might struggle with that number. At Wanderers, we’ve only sold 9k so far when we expected a good few more than that after last year. I think we both have to be realistic and accept that as well as living in a generally low wage area, the impact of the pandemic, furlough and lost jobs will have an impact. Theres also the chance of some form of lockdown being resumed again if numbers do increase as some suggest, so I think we may see more walk ins than people taking a chance with a ST. Anyway, whatever, we’re both here to resume battle so that’s something to be grateful for!!
We have only sold 9k whoo oooo get you who gives a feck about Horwich
Big club my arse those days are gone
Long gone
Oh forgot about your ancient history though

Last edited by a moderator:
We have only sold 9k whoo oooo get you who gives a feck about Horwich
Big club my arse those days are gone
Long gone
Oh forgot about your ancient history though

9k season tickets isn't what big clubs do, they are one of the medium sized clubs based on their history over 130 years.They'll probably be 5th or 6th best supported club in the 3rd tier next season behind Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Portsmouth and maybe Charlton.Their heyday was in the 1920s when they won the Fa Cup three times in 7 seasons but they haven't been able to compete with the big city clubs since the maximum wage was abolished in the early 1960s

9k season tickets isn't what big clubs do, they are one of the medium sized clubs based on their history over 130 years.They'll probably be 5th or 6th best supported club in the 3rd tier next season behind Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Portsmouth and maybe Charlton.Their heyday was in the 1920s when they won the Fa Cup three times in 7 seasons but they haven't been able to compete with the big city clubs since the maximum wage was abolished in the early 1960s
Didn't we have a empire back then so long ago
Abit like when bolton won anything

I hope your right. ZAKKY. i will be getting one. But my two grandsons have lost interest. And don’t want to go again. which as disappointed me. But that’s life.

It's easy to lose interest when you've not been able to go for 18 months but maybe when it all gets going again they'll rediscover their interest. Especially if we are doing well.

I'm sure plenty of fans have drifted away at times before coming back. All you can do is encourage them and see how it goes.

It's easy to lose interest when you've not been able to go for 18 months but maybe when it all gets going again they'll rediscover their interest. Especially if we are doing well.

I'm sure plenty of fans have drifted away at times before coming back. All you can do is encourage them and see how it goes.

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' is the old saying isn't it?? I think there will be a load of Latics fans chomping at the bit to get back to watching at the DW & possible away game....well I & all those I normally go with can't wait to get back. With the pandemic stopping all normal activities like attending live matches / concerts & us nearly going bust then I'd have thot there wud be a clamour for getting to some live events..be that Latics, gigs & social events.

'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' is the old saying isn't it?? I think there will be a load of Latics fans chomping at the bit to get back to watching at the DW & possible away game....well I & all those I normally go with can't wait to get back. With the pandemic stopping all normal activities like attending live matches / concerts & us nearly going bust then I'd have thot there wud be a clamour for getting to some live events..be that Latics, gigs & social events.

People react differently - some will miss it dearly and the longer the wait the more they miss it like yourself. While others may start by missing it and then get used to going without it and as time goes and the habit broken drift further away like walgarthjohns grandchildren.

I think the hard-core won't be an issue the majority will be back. But the semi regulars i worry that we may lose a few.

I'd love us to have a bigger crowd but I think if we can match our average attendance from the last time in L1 we'll have done well. But I fear it will be lower.