season tickets | Vital Football

season tickets

Maybe there will be an offer of £50 to £60 off to season ticket holders from last season as the last 5 home games were cancelled. I think that would generate a bigger uptake.

Is there ever gonna be a situation where you suck it up an accept its been an extreme situation and you are likely to get back whatever you see as fair?

I have a golf membership that through lockdowns I have lost the equivalent of £400-500. I've lost multiple jobs because of covid so could do with the money. However, that was money I've already spent so not like they've forced me to pay since covid was a thing. Also, it's a membership and not a usual business - if we all demanded our money back it would affect the ability of the club to function how we like it going forward. Gills is the same situation in my book.

I know it sucks but you really need to write off that money as a cost of life. Bad shit happens and we can't have our own way whole time.

Is there ever gonna be a situation where you suck it up an accept its been an extreme situation and you are likely to get back whatever you see as fair?

I have a golf membership that through lockdowns I have lost the equivalent of £400-500. I've lost multiple jobs because of covid so could do with the money. However, that was money I've already spent so not like they've forced me to pay since covid was a thing. Also, it's a membership and not a usual business - if we all demanded our money back it would affect the ability of the club to function how we like it going forward. Gills is the same situation in my book.

I know it sucks but you really need to write off that money as a cost of life. Bad shit happens and we can't have our own way whole time.
So the most loyal take the biggest hit? I see your logic.

So the most loyal take the biggest hit? I see your logic.
But it's not deliberate is it? It's not like Scally sat there thinking "let's get as much money out of the fans by using season tickets just in case there is a worldwide pandemic that we haven't seen for 100 years"

It's like you can't look past yourself and see the bigger picture on quite how mental the last year has been. I've lost jobs (plural), my Dad is going to lose a business, my brother had a kid and for the first 6 months of his life couldn't see anyone, my sisters boyfriend's income dried up as he slipped through the cracks of furlough. Whilst they all didn't like it they've managed to accept what's going on - at least in your situation your money has helped keep a club you love (I think?) alive. For a lot of people their money has simply vanished into the ether.

There isn't a magic pot of money or solutions to solve how everyone has been affected by covid. We can't bring back those we have lost and the club can't magic money to pay you all back.

But it's not deliberate is it? It's not like Scally sat there thinking "let's get as much money out of the fans by using season tickets just in case there is a worldwide pandemic that we haven't seen for 100 years"

It's like you can't look past yourself and see the bigger picture on quite how mental the last year has been. I've lost jobs (plural), my Dad is going to lose a business, my brother had a kid and for the first 6 months of his life couldn't see anyone, my sisters boyfriend's income dried up as he slipped through the cracks of furlough. Whilst they all didn't like it they've managed to accept what's going on - at least in your situation your money has helped keep a club you love (I think?) alive. For a lot of people their money has simply vanished into the ether.

There isn't a magic pot of money or solutions to solve how everyone has been affected by covid. We can't bring back those we have lost and the club can't magic money to pay you all back.
I half see your point BUT the players and chairman didn't lose their jobs or any money.

I lost my job (as did some GFC staff) and I am now unemployed. I wasn't a high earner and going to the Gills was / is my only real luxury.

I just feel that as a loyal supporter the p will be taken out of me again.

Maybe i'll be made a platinum member of some pointless club as a reward.

I've just had enough.

Last edited:
When we see (if ever) what Scally's hit is, then we can put things into perspective. Be surprised if it's substantial as my guess is he's being working extra hard during these difficult time and full deserves the remuneration he receives.

Why should "customers"...
a) "write off" their money
and
b) go back for more ? :surrender:

It may be admirable that many STH's have held back from demanding refunds, and helping cashflow....
...but is it too much to expect the Club to:
a) acknowledge the various "losses" of fans
b) indicate some form of compensation in the future ?

That might be:
- "loyalty" discounts for the next few seasons
- free programmes
- discounted merchandise
- free cup games

Losses recap:
5 Home games from 2019-20
23 games only on screen( supposedly "worth" £10 each )

Why should "customers"...
a) "write off" their money
and
b) go back for more ? :surrender:

It may be admirable that many STH's have held back from demanding refunds, and helping cashflow....
...but is it too much to expect the Club to:
a) acknowledge the various "losses" of fans
b) indicate some form of compensation in the future ?

That might be:
- "loyalty" discounts for the next few seasons
- free programmes
- discounted merchandise
- free cup games

Losses recap:
5 Home games from 2019-20
23 games only on screen( supposedly "worth" £10 each )
That money is gone, the club doesn't have it anymore - it has been spent to survive. The only way it comes back now is for the club to risk it's future. I know it sucks but the club doesn't have deep pockets like the top clubs or big businesses.

Pretty sure Scally has acknowledged the losses of the fans and has indicated he wishes to reward them somehow.

Rotherhite - there is also no evidence one way or the other about how much Scally is or isn't paying himself the past year. No point getting worked up about something you don't know the outcome. I personally would be suprised if he hasn't significantly reduced his income and would understand the anger if he has not.

There are never going to be solutions to the affects of covid that solve everyone's issues. People need to accept they will have to take a hit financially, physically and emotionally as part of the destruction the pandemic has caused.

I know we're used to getting virtually everything we want in this country so it's a total change of mentality required but it's the only way we don't end up bitter and miserable about the past year.

Think of it this way - they could pay everyone back but you wouldn't be able to go to games because the club would no longer exist. You may win the battle but you will have certainly lost the war. The choice is yours.

LockdownLife - Mostly in agree with most of the sentiments of your arguments, personally I had written the money off from day one and had he asked for it to be donated I probably would have.

My problem is that he's never come out with any concrete suggestions. I cannot even remember seeing in black and white that the free iFollow matches for season ticket holders was intended to offset this seasons season ticket losses (maybe someone could point me in the right direction). I had seen that iFollow would be free, but it was not made clear that this was in compensation.

LockdownLife - Mostly in agree with most of the sentiments of your arguments, personally I had written the money off from day one and had he asked for it to be donated I probably would have.

My problem is that he's never come out with any concrete suggestions. I cannot even remember seeing in black and white that the free iFollow matches for season ticket holders was intended to offset this seasons season ticket losses (maybe someone could point me in the right direction). I had seen that iFollow would be free, but it was not made clear that this was in compensation.
Yeah that's one thing I do agree with - a vague bit of smart PR and he'd have had many fans formally saying the club can keep their money a long time ago. Don't get me wrong you'd still have fans declaring it to be disgusting they didn't immediately get a full refund but those kinds of people will always be like that so you don't really need to factor them into decision making

He's unwittingly drawn it out by being non-committal.

I suspect you'll things such as free tickets as at less than 100% capacity there is a limited cost to the club.

It won’t be anything like free FA cup tickets as that would cost the club money, as some of those who would have bought one without the offer would then go for free.
The idea proposed in the previous letter in the summer was free tickets for League games, much like the 2 free tickets for any home league match voucher season ticket holders get already.
This doesn’t really benefit the season ticket holder as they already have their own ticket, it just enables them to bring someone who most probably wouldn’t normally be going. But that would cost the club very little - just filling empty seats and then the bonus of the extra people possibly spending a bit on food and drink etc if that all returns post Covid.