Season Tickets (Cards) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Season Tickets (Cards)

I know games change for Sky etc, but couldn't they have sent a small card fixture list with our season tickets? At least gives you a rough idea of when we're playing!

Would have thought that something like this would be automatic. Looks as though they're still learning.

That's a bit disconcerting! After a 20 minute wait I was told adult tickets were posted some time ago and mine was posted out two weeks back at the same time as my sons (different addresses though). They are going to cancel mine and send another one out. Except mine seems to be a concession, so it may only just have been posted, and will probably turn up tomorrow and be cancelled!

I am psychic! Turned up 45 minutes early at the Trent End only to be told that my two day old season ticket had been cancelled and I couldn't get in. Walked round the ground and joined the 100 yd queue at the ticket office. After 20 minutes of going nowhere one of the office staff walked several duff season ticket people to the front of the queue, and I got a paper ticket for one game.

Just made the start. Good job the game was great, as I still have a non-working season ticket!

It was a shambles outside the ticket office, missed the first 10 minds due to the poor organisation. Staff were great when finally served, but needs improving.

Just been to Forest to see why I couldn't get in with my season ticket. The girl went into the back and came back with my replacement season ticket, still in the envelope and not yet posted!!

So basically I rang up on the Monday before the Bournemouth game. They cancelled the card that they had sent out (or probably not even sent out, as it turned up on Thursday), but still hadn't sent the replacement out!!

Just been to Forest to see why I couldn't get in with my season ticket. The girl went into the back and came back with my replacement season ticket, still in the envelope and not yet posted!!

So basically I rang up on the Monday before the Bournemouth game. They cancelled the card that they had sent out (or probably not even sent out, as it turned up on Thursday), but still hadn't sent the replacement out!!

With 20k sold and many new customers to be processed there's always gonna be a few issues. You're just an unlucky one. But, as far as i can see there's far fewer of these cock up stories about this year compared to others past.

I don't know if the problems are any less than last year, but at 2.15 I joined a queue outside the ticket office that ran into the car park, along the side of the building to the wall, and then doubled back almost level with the ticket office. Quite a few of these people had non-working season tickets. Others hadn't been received. Many people were queueing to collect tickets which were actually behind the BC stand, so they hadn't been told where to pick them up.

It's clear that they didn't even have a basic system of knowing which season tickets had been sent out and which ones hadn't, and as for sending out season tickets AFTER the first game...............

Last edited:
Let’s just give the club a kicking - sounds like they’ve not got this particular department sorted yet.
Come on everyone - just pile in.
Nothing else to moan about...

I agree it's been a bit of a shambles for a few years now but (we have to agree) there has been a lot more important things on the administration side that wanted putting right first.

I admire the way the new regime has set about putting the club back together - quietly & efficiently they've got on with it - they brought in the right people to piece us back together and it is still an ongoing thing so I'll forgive them on this account and trust them to get it right soon.

With the amount of complaints I imagine they've had I'm sure it's something on the agenda for next year.

Having just typed that, something has just come to mind ---- under FastWaz & Co. didn't I once read that the ticket office was run by an outside agency?

I'm sure someone on the Forum can enlighten me!!!!

Let’s just give the club a kicking - sounds like they’ve not got this particular department sorted yet.
Come on everyone - just pile in.
Nothing else to moan about...

I'm not giving the CLUB a kicking. I've supported them for sixty years. However they won't put things right if no one bothers to tell them, and it's clear the ticket office is still a shambles. Having paid £700 for two season tickets it would be good if

a) they sent them out before the first game
b) When you ring up they had some idea when they were posted out. I was told mine was posted three weeks previously when clearly it wasn't.
c) If they cancel your season ticket, actually post the replacement out!

Missed the first 25 minutes today because they cancelled our cards, and inexplicably reprinted hem at 12.30 today, fucking fuming. We ended up in main stand block E, and had to go back and queue again after the match to pick the new ones up. We were then told we couldn’t have our seats for the Reading game, and have got to sit in main stand again. Feel for the ticket office staff,as there were loads of us, and they were getting a lot of grief. But Jeez, what a farce.

Thought people may be interested in this- third highest attendance despite two TV games at awkward times.

So much for Derby having 'naturally' higher attendances Screenshot_20180904-185007_Twitter.jpg

Derby attendances/ season ticket sales probably affected by a succession of end of season capitulations; Rowett's style of football; and accurate reporting of attendances rather than those invented by the CEO (allegedly).

Presumably the summer re-branding of the club to 'Frank Lampard's Derby County' will bring their fickle fans back.