season tickets announced | Page 4 | Vital Football

season tickets announced

I’m very firmly in the ‘cautious camp’ when it comes to easing restrictions and folks who don’t wear masks are irresponsible and selfish.

However, I struggle to understand this whole mutation argument. This is a global pandemic and, irrespective of what we do in the UK, the chances are that there will be more mutations we import from other countries. Am I missing something.
You’re not missing anything TB.
The virus has been driven by international travel since day one.
However, the countries that have restricted international travel have been relatively covid free but miles behind on the vaccines.
Nobody really knows what the answer is.
Every country reckon their leaders have got it wrong.

Think the variants are both likely to be imported from abroad and a mutation of our own virus that changes as it passes through the population trying to evade the vaccine.

Most of the youngsters dont seem to give a shit about their health or the health of others. I'm with you TB, I'll continue to wear a mask in all the same places I HAD to wear a mask previously. Just because BJ says it's now ok not too doesn't mean it's any safer too or the virus has disappeared from last week.

Valence was on the TV this evening saying hospital admissions will soon be up to a thousand a day. If that's the case it won't be long before the NHS is overwhelmed again and we're back with restrictions or in a lockdown IMO.

Any news about what's happening to the two year season tickets purchased last year (the start to the new season is only 3 Saturday's away) ?

Finally got my account sorted and ticket bought. Not even thought about how to display it on the phone so will wait replies to Steve's question.

I did photograph it on my PC screen be interesting to see if the quality is good nough for the scanners at the turnstile

I've finally kind of got there with my (and my dad and son's season tickets). Well, at least I've managed to buy them over the phone and login to my account. I can see the tickets listed there for all of us, but can't master the final step of actually getting the ticket on my phone or in a state to be printed off. On my laptop, there is no means download the tickets at all. On my iPhon, I get an option to open them by iBooks or Adobe, but when I click on each option, nothing is generated.

Has anyone else successfully mastered this? Thought I'd put the feelers out there before I go back to the club and just ask for hard-copy tickets. I am no wizz on the computer, but very far from a luddite, so this system doesn't seem great.
Haven’t done it myself yet but I read elsewhere you can screenshot it and save to files on iPhone.
There is no way of adding it to the wallet though.

So, by way of an update on season ticket-gate....

It has taken me some time, but I've got there. Scally compared the system as similar to Uefa's Euros' tickets, which it was not. For those there was a simple App and your ticket just appeared there when available. I am not fan of Uefa, but it worked a treat.

I found this whole process fiddly and awkward (it maybe because I was looking to sort out my, my dad's and my son's ticket. The club reset my password (Ben Reeves there was very helpful and I booked and paid online and then got an email to reset my login password). When I first logged in, I couldn't see our tickets under "My tickets" or "Season tickets", which would have been the natural home for them, I'd have thought? However, by chance, I was able to find all of our tickets under "Order history" which seems a strange place for them. They were all there and available as a Mobile ticket or to Print at home. I did both to be on the safe side and emailed my dad's to him. They were there on both my iPhone and laptop by the way.

Oh, and as pointed out above, I had to save them as a "File" on my iPhone and there was no option to add them to the desktop or Apple Wallet. Also, the mobile or print at home tickets do not contain a photo, even though you need to upload one when you set your account up. Maybe your pic pings up for the turnstile operator so they can check it's you?

So, by way of an update on season ticket-gate....

It has taken me some time, but I've got there. Scally compared the system as similar to Uefa's Euros' tickets, which it was not. For those there was a simple App and your ticket just appeared there when available. I am not fan of Uefa, but it worked a treat.

I found this whole process fiddly and awkward (it maybe because I was looking to sort out my, my dad's and my son's ticket. The club reset my password (Ben Reeves there was very helpful and I booked and paid online and then got an email to reset my login password). When I first logged in, I couldn't see our tickets under "My tickets" or "Season tickets", which would have been the natural home for them, I'd have thought? However, by chance, I was able to find all of our tickets under "Order history" which seems a strange place for them. They were all there and available as a Mobile ticket or to Print at home. I did both to be on the safe side and emailed my dad's to him. They were there on both my iPhone and laptop by the way.

Oh, and as pointed out above, I had to save them as a "File" on my iPhone and there was no option to add them to the desktop or Apple Wallet. Also, the mobile or print at home tickets do not contain a photo, even though you need to upload one when you set your account up. Maybe your pic pings up for the turnstile operator so they can check it's you?

Thanks for that Steve, Ben Reeves has always been very helpful in my experience. I have a creeping suspicion that we will all end up receiving cards, hope not.

Thanks for that Steve, Ben Reeves has always been very helpful in my experience. I have a creeping suspicion that we will all end up receiving cards, hope not.

Yes, he was very helpful with iFollow queries last season too. See my update above, Jo. I've got there with the mobile/print-off tickets, but it wasn't straightforward and they're not that functional on the phone. It'll work for me, but there are a lot who won't be as familiar with computers and phones, who may struggle, so think there will be a lot more paper/hard-copy tickets sent out than the club hoped for.

Didn't think so as I couldn't find the information. So if you buy a season ticket you won't know how much you'll be saving. Not good as there is less than 3 weeks to go.
Yes I agree. Everything is left to the last minute or late and behind schedule