season tickets announced | Page 3 | Vital Football

season tickets announced

Some of the scientific experts seem concerned about the unlocking of all restrictions and are suggesting that quite considerably increases the likelihood of a mutation of the virus and a new variant emerging. Let's hope that's not the case but the latest government approach to July the 19 does seem to have a bit of a "fuck it" approach. We've seen before the public cant entrusted to be sensible and make decisions for the greater good. Cant see that changing on the 19th tbh.

Genie is out the bottle after the euros. I am not criticising anyone who had such a good time but the stadiums, pubs, house parties etc etc were all superspreader events.

If there is damage to be done, its been done I can't see anyone returning to lockdown now.

Bozo has been clear with his attitude to this. People will have to judge him in the coming months and the next time they walk into a ballot booth.

Some of the scientific experts seem concerned about the unlocking of all restrictions and are suggesting that quite considerably increases the likelihood of a mutation of the virus and a new variant emerging. Let's hope that's not the case but the latest government approach to July the 19 does seem to have a bit of a "fuck it" approach. We've seen before the public cant entrusted to be sensible and make decisions for the greater good. Cant see that changing on the 19th tbh.
The vast, vast majority of the public have been sensible for around 15 months now. Lockdowns and social distancing have been adhered to astonishingly well, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised how many people have been wearing masks. Flu cases have fallen off a cliff as stark proof.

The numbers of those stepping forward for a speedily-developed-and-approved vaccine have been commendable, as are the numbers getting tested. This is why we’re now in a position to open things up fully in days.

There is a risk of a mutation, definitely. There is a risk that you can still be hospitalised and/or develop Long Covid. I just don’t feel we should continue living in fear. We’re facing a mental health pandemic - I know people who have lost loved ones or otherwise suffering as a result of either the enforced isolation or fear of Covid and cancer. By God, is it me or is cancer really taking so many people these past 12 months?

My mental health has taken a right fucking hit - Christ, the highs and lows and overthinking of mundane events. Every tiny error at work, every passing tame comment from a chav in the high street or on a message board and I’m stewing/fretting the whole night.

Should I panic that some mutation may develop which is immune to ALL the four/five major vaccines and can lead to more lockdowns? That it will lead to me struggling to watch the football club I love, struggle to see a GP for anything, wait for ever for a pint in a pub? No, I believe this country has done a great job with vaccinations. We’ll never reach zero Covid and people with the vaccine will still suffer. We have to accept it. The austerity we face from these restrictions will be felt for decades.

It’s so easy for Sage to say “there’s a portion of risk, so let’s continue with these drastic measures” without needing to consider the economic and non-viral health ramifications.

Dont disagree with alot of what's been said but for the government to just take the attitude of everything can go is a very bold and IMO a rather irresponsible approach to just disregard all the restrictions in one go. Mask wearing in enclosed spaces is a sensible approach, as if others have said, it does go tits, I cant see how they'll regain control of it.

Am I on the wrong thread as thought this was about season tickets rather than Covid/lockdown discussion, which I've personally done to death. Any news from anyone about the STHs today? No luck for me applying online over the weekend, can't get through on the phone, so have emailed. Any luck online, any responses to calls or successful emails?

Am I on the wrong thread as thought this was about season tickets rather than Covid/lockdown discussion, which I've personally done to death. Any news from anyone about the STHs today? No luck for me applying online over the weekend, can't get through on the phone, so have emailed. Any luck online, any responses to calls or successful emails?

Same experience for me Steve, phone line utterly useless either making strange noises, or ringing through to a blank line. No answer to email as yet. I can do patience but it's turning into a regular shambles and may end up costing us sales.

Well, they got back to me with news my email address has migrated so I went straight to the website. Once you are set up I have to report that the process is swift, smooth and easy. Let's hope the sacanning at the ground is sorted out now that the actual purchasing is bedding in. Nothing will beat the days when a ten bob note alone set you up for an afternoon's nonsense but this should be close.

I can’t be bothered to scroll through the whole thread but does anyone know if we can still just call the club to get away tickets as previously or if it has to be done online?

I can’t be bothered to scroll through the whole thread but does anyone know if we can still just call the club to get away tickets as previously or if it has to be done online?

Current intention is that it will be online only. Probably assume that because only a total system meltdown or mass resistance will change his mind. In truth it's so easy that I think it will quickly gain acceptance

Well, they got back to me with news my email address has migrated so I went straight to the website. Once you are set up I have to report that the process is swift, smooth and easy. Let's hope the sacanning at the ground is sorted out now that the actual purchasing is bedding in. Nothing will beat the days when a ten bob note alone set you up for an afternoon's nonsense but this should be close.

Sounds promising, Joe. Could you glean from your online experience whether you can book for others? My dad in his 70s isn't that computer literate and my son is 9, so I am going to need to book for them, but I suspect the new system (when I can finally get in) isn't going to make that easy....

Sounds promising, Joe. Could you glean from your online experience whether you can book for others? My dad in his 70s isn't that computer literate and my son is 9, so I am going to need to book for them, but I suspect the new system (when I can finally get in) isn't going to make that easy....

I wondered about that myself Steve. I'll have a look and see what I can make of it. If you can't I think we should start contacting the club because it's a real issue for many and could easily be addressed.

I had the password problem but I think I found out what caused it. I went into the site on my iPad and it used fingerprint recognition to open it. I blanked out the password and hit “forgotten password” but no email came through, this morning I tried again but this time I entered my email address manually and it worked first time. 5 minutes later my season ticket was all renewed and now sits on my phone ready to go.

I`d like to know the answer to your query too ( I`ve been on the GFC ticketing database for years). I tried navigating through the current on-line "doorway" but wonder whether the process is, at the moment, solely for S/Ticket renewals/applications ? I`m guessing that i`ll still have to "sign-up" to the new system, including uploading self-image etc., in order to simply acquire an actual ticket for an away game (as the GFC e-ticket "pass" won`t be recognised at away venues) ?

I`d like to know the answer to your query too ( I`ve been on the GFC ticketing database for years). I tried navigating through the current on-line "doorway" but wonder whether the process is, at the moment, solely for S/Ticket renewals/applications ? I`m guessing that i`ll still have to "sign-up" to the new system, including uploading self-image etc., in order to simply acquire an actual ticket for an away game (as the GFC e-ticket "pass" won`t be recognised at away venues) ?
I’m wondering that if you buy an e-ticket for an away game, will the opposition club have the technology to recognise it?
Maybe it’s easier just to ring the away club and get them to post it out.

I’m wondering that if you buy an e-ticket for an away game, will the opposition club have the technology to recognise it?
Maybe it’s easier just to ring the away club and get them to post it out.

I`d be surprised to find compatible systems at the grounds we visit (isn`t GFC the first UK club that SecuTix operate ticketing?). Guess that cash-on-the day will remain at option at most club venues.

I`d be surprised to find compatible systems at the grounds we visit (isn`t GFC the first UK club that SecuTix operate ticketing?). Guess that cash-on-the day will remain at option at most club venues.

I'd agree with your last sentence but equally think you were right about signing up to the new system. If you want to buy in advance through the club they will require you to sign up.

I've finally kind of got there with my (and my dad and son's season tickets). Well, at least I've managed to buy them over the phone and login to my account. I can see the tickets listed there for all of us, but can't master the final step of actually getting the ticket on my phone or in a state to be printed off. On my laptop, there is no means download the tickets at all. On my iPhon, I get an option to open them by iBooks or Adobe, but when I click on each option, nothing is generated.

Has anyone else successfully mastered this? Thought I'd put the feelers out there before I go back to the club and just ask for hard-copy tickets. I am no wizz on the computer, but very far from a luddite, so this system doesn't seem great.

I’m very firmly in the ‘cautious camp’ when it comes to easing restrictions and folks who don’t wear masks are irresponsible and selfish.

However, I struggle to understand this whole mutation argument. This is a global pandemic and, irrespective of what we do in the UK, the chances are that there will be more mutations we import from other countries. Am I missing something.