Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23

Just on this ST waiting list point, there is a league table on Instagram which is ranked in terms of average capacity as a percentage of total capacity. Leicester are top (99.1%), followed Norwich (98.9%) whilst we’re a respectable 4th at 98.1%.

Anyway, Tottenham with their huge season ticket waiting list have a stadium filled percentage of just 89%, averaging 55k despite building a stadium slightly bigger than Le Arse. West Ham are under 97%, with a couple of thousand below their capacity.

Waiting list doesn’t seemingly translate to fans even wanting to come to individual games, let alone 19.

I can probably afford a modest rise but the uncertainty of rises in essentials and other leisure activities might make choices in the latter inevitable.

On the subject of the metro, if these lot can have it running passed theirs then there’s no reason we can’t.

5CA984B7-B30B-44CD-B711-A614EE930CD5.jpeg

I'm hoping the feedback from the fans, and feedback sent from us due to this thread, will make the club consider carefully the next step.

If it is, then that will be great, how it should be (consultation wise) and as I said in the feedback I sent in before the meeting, could be worth the weight in gold, pr wise.

I do also understand the flipside, simple supply and demand!

Exactly. Once people get back to the City centre they go their different ways. Its hardly a million miles from B6?

It’s just over 2 miles from Corporation Street (Where the Square Peg is) to The Holte End. The tram would obviously stop along Lichfield road so a tram extension wouldn’t even be 2 miles.

The waiting list is a myth and it’s playing right into the hands of Christian who can point towards it when justifying the price rises. The reality that we know as match going fans for many years and that are from the local area is that nearly all of those on that waiting list won’t buy one when presented with the opportunity in the future. In 2016 a big part of the Trinity Road was closed and there were plenty of season tickets available, proof that once things stagnate or go backwards people lose interest. I’ve mentioned it already but it really needs to be hammered home to people like Christian in his Ivory tower that many are gonna struggle to afford tickets at current prices let alone higher ones when every bill they have is shooting up, they’ll simply spend whatever surplus cash they have elsewhere.
Completely agree where were these fans in the championship - I also think back to the MON years and how quickly attendances fell off afterwards. These people come and go, it only takes a couple of poor or mediocre seasons for attendances to come back down

I'm hoping the feedback from the fans, and feedback sent from us due to this thread, will make the club consider carefully the next step.

If it is, then that will be great, how it should be (consultation wise) and as I said in the feedback I sent in before the meeting, could be worth the weight in gold, pr wise.

I do also understand the flipside, simple supply and demand!

Ah the old supply and demand. Another season like this and the demand won't be there. We all know over the years that we will sell out when we are doing well and as soon as we hit hard times we are sub 30k.
Every club is the same but some like a Utd and Liverpool have tourist fans from abroad and the London clubs are the same. We don't have that .
I can see a massive Witton end stand full of away fans if we aren't careful, there is not a demand to sit at that end of the ground is there? It's currently where they put all the freebies, visitors Villa foundation staff and the like I think

Ah the old supply and demand. Another season like this and the demand won't be there. We all know over the years that we will sell out when we are doing well and as soon as we hit hard times we are sub 30k.
Every club is the same but some like a Utd and Liverpool have tourist fans from abroad and the London clubs are the same. We don't have that .
I can see a massive Witton end stand full of away fans if we aren't careful, there is not a demand to sit at that end of the ground is there? It's currently where they put all the freebies, visitors Villa foundation staff and the like I think
Although, assuming that we maintain our current premiership status, some games will probably sell out a 55K capacity Villa Park. Man c,Man U,Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Wolves,Everton,Leeds ,Newcastle and West Ham are considered attractive games,l would think. If the Baggies or Blues ever wake from their slumbers will sell out. Sell outs against the likes of Norwich, Watford and Burnley suggest the demand is there.

Although, assuming that we maintain our current premiership status, some games will probably sell out a 55K capacity Villa Park. Man c,Man U,Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Wolves,Everton,Leeds ,Newcastle and West Ham are considered attractive games,l would think. If the Baggies or Blues ever wake from their slumbers will sell out. Sell outs against the likes of Norwich, Watford and Burnley suggest the demand is there.

We have 40k fans currently and if the going gets tough 30k, where do the 15k extra come from every week at £40 quid a pop. Every week not a big game but every week. It's a big commitment and it's time more than financial, there are so many other things people especially kids do these days. We have a massive fan base but casuals, not hardcore.
I almost guarantee you'd end up with a stand of freebies and away fans.

Like I said 62,000 or whatever against united when I was 13 once not every week but the ground held 60k, then 54k then 48k now 42k and 3 years ago we closed a stand as nobody was using it . Now we sell out 40k but 55k is a massive leap. Every game is on TV or a stream these days. We no longer live in our day where if you didn't go you didn't see the goals never mind the games.

We all like to think Villa fans are the best in the world and all that but we are no different to any other fan base except we have fewer glory hunters by that I mean plastic fans and tourists, not casual fans.

Demand is there at the moment because we’re still on that promotion hype which was obviously interrupted for over a year. Then the new manager hype. It’ll all calm down, the only way it’ll be maintained is if the club move forward and finish higher, win a trophy and so on.

Right now games like Burnley, Norwich etc are cheaper in cat. C but once they do away with that they’ll cost much more with a price increase on top and will casual fans want to pay in excess of £50 to watch such games? Not unless there’s something riding on it. And although the games appear to sell out there’s always tickets available with returns and season ticket holders putting their seat up for sale, the 3/4 seats to my left were free on Saturday. Always see people selling tickets on FB because they want to keep their booking history.

Demand is there at the moment because we’re still on that promotion hype which was obviously interrupted for over a year. Then the new manager hype. It’ll all calm down, the only way it’ll be maintained is if the club move forward and finish higher, win a trophy and so on.

Right now games like Burnley, Norwich etc are cheaper in cat. C but once they do away with that they’ll cost much more with a price increase on top and will casual fans want to pay in excess of £50 to watch such games? Not unless there’s something riding on it. And although the games appear to sell out there’s always tickets available with returns and season ticket holders putting their seat up for sale, the 3/4 seats to my left were free on Saturday. Always see people selling tickets on FB because they want to keep their booking history.

Yep, my Son has tried to give my Grandaughters seat to friends but they always have an excuse or something on. It's a shame but true

That's why our current owners bought Aston Villa. Tempted to give up but we optimists will plough on.

No standing in the new North stand then but maybe in other areas , which can really only be the Holte lower and or away fans

I can’t believe the North Stand redevelopment is not going to have rail seating given that everyone currently in the lower stands anyway, an opportunity missed. This tells me the new stand is going to be incredibly gentrified and expensive.

I really don’t understand why the pricing needs to be ‘simplified’, to me it’s already simple, you sit in zone 1 it’s assumed you have the best seats and therefore pay more, if you sit in zone 6 the view isn’t so great and therefore you pay less. The real intention is to squeeze more money out of these popular areas.

I can’t believe the North Stand redevelopment is not going to have rail seating given that everyone currently in the lower stands anyway, an opportunity missed. This tells me the new stand is going to be incredibly gentrified and expensive.

I really don’t understand why the pricing needs to be ‘simplified’, to me it’s already simple, you sit in zone 1 it’s assumed you have the best seats and therefore pay more, if you sit in zone 6 the view isn’t so great and therefore you pay less. The real intention is to squeeze more money out of these popular areas.

I guess it is safe to say re-zoning isn't going to make it cheaper for anyone else.

Tend to agree re the standing. I would have thought it would have been the ideal end. There will be consultation on the plans, so no doubt it will be brought up and we can push for an explanation/future plans for standing.

This has been my fear since the days that Randy and co turfed out the ST holders in the trinity for the padded seat brigade, that at some point they'd do the same to us in the DE stand, mine is a prime seat with a view the same as the tv cameras.
I'm fear being priced out of a seat I've had for many seasons

This has been my fear since the days that Randy and co turfed out the ST holders in the trinity for the padded seat brigade, that at some point they'd do the same to us in the DE stand, mine is a prime seat with a view the same as the tv cameras.
I'm fear being priced out of a seat I've had for many seasons

Ironic I got turfed out of my seat and ended up IN the padded seats!

Not sure for how much longer though, get the feeling prices are going to be way out of my reach. I stand, or in fact sit, to be corrected.