Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23

If the gate receipts made a significant portion of income fair enough but they don't. Not even close. Therefore this move by the club stinks. There's also a nasty arrogance about the timing of it ! Technically we could still go down or embarrassingly finish as low as 15/16/17th. Hardly the time for big hikes on tickets

If the gate receipts made a significant portion of income fair enough but they don't. Not even close. Therefore this move by the club stinks. There's also a nasty arrogance about the timing of it ! Technically we could still go down or embarrassingly finish as low as 15/16/17th. Hardly the time for big hikes on tickets
Gate receipts probably £25-30m a season in total. Total turnover last financial year was £175m which doesn’t include any transfer fees… and most of the games were played behind closed doors too.

Just up a miserly £68m (63%) from the year before

Last edited:
It would be very hard to argue the Owners are not doing a good job. However most peoples energy bills will double by October. There is also fuel, food etc all rising. 10% will be a step too far for some sadly. It has been good value in the past but that appears to be ending.

It would be very hard to argue the Owners are not doing a good job. However most peoples energy bills will double by October. There is also fuel, food etc all rising. 10% will be a step too far for some sadly. It has been good value in the past but that appears to be ending.

Agreed. Much is said about the owner’s investment which cannot be questioned, though they have their eyes on far greater rewards than a 10% rise in match day revenues.

Fact is we as fans are caught up in a multi £m game where our personal input is the equivalent of a flea on a rocket. We have no say other than to stay on board or get off. The increase in ticket prices is probably just the first rise. Kit prices & catering costs (except for vegans who have no choice at all) will be next.
I remember being kicked out of my seat to make way for Doug’s museum club with its high priced memberships. I just hope the club can keep finding supporters prepared to pay ever more to keep the atmosphere.
Final thought about value: nope the football hasn’t been good enough but the match day experience with transport and catering is even worse. Many good words spoken but fuck all done. A memorial wall is pointless when your standing in the station queue or sat in your car …again.

I’ve been away from the forum for a while but this season ticket stuff concerns me somewhat and I’d like to raise my voice somewhere it may get heard/seen and even relayed to the right people along with many other people’s views.

From my own calculation based on what I’ve read so far is that my ‘seat’ (Which I never sit on) in L8 will move from zone 6 to zone 4 as zone 5 and 6 won’t exist anymore. So from £370 to £530 with the 10% on top included, that’s on top of the extra £50 last year (Conveniently never mentioned) as I paid £320 in 2019 during the early bird window (Remember those?!) and you’re not far off double in a short space of time.

I have the seat I have because it’s cheap and the view is alright, ask anyone around me and they’d probably say the same thing. If it was suddenly much more I’d have to think about it as I’d be paying a lot more for a poorer view than others more central. It’s not about whether I can afford it as I could, it’s the principle of such a big price rise for a lesser product and by lesser product I mean what’s on the pitch and the seat/view I’d be paying for. I don’t buy into the supposed 20,000 waiting list as I can imagine many of those got on board during the promotion hype bandwagon in 2019 and probably wouldn’t be as interested now, even less so if the tickets cost a lot more in a cost of living crisis. A cost of living crisis that’s only going to get worse when fuel prices go up again in October which also happens to be when the weather gets colder and days get shorter and people start to use it more again.

All this and I haven’t even mentioned the incredibly poor transport to the ground, it’s shocking and it affects your overall match day experience. After Man U at home in January I didn’t get home until after 9pm using the train yet I only live 8/9mi away. I honestly lost my temper with the staff on the platform because they were letting 6 carriage trains leave half empty which is an incredible waste. The one I eventually got on was also half empty when it left. I went to Everton away in January and I noticed when I left they had bus after bus after bus lined up waiting to take people away from the ground, this is just one example of a club that does it better as I could honestly list them off around Europe. Why can’t that happen outside Aston station for example in the ever empty bus lane? Since that Man U game I’ve been using my car and parking over a mile away to avoid the traffic so I can get away quickly. A lot less stress than the train that’s for sure. For a ground that appears to be in such a good location with two stations on hand I’m not sure how it’s so bad, it’s been there long enough.

Sorry for the rant but I can’t stand the greed. So what if our prices are in the lower end of the table? Why do they need to be higher? People don’t choose football teams based on price so they so it’s not like I’m suddenly gonna go elsewhere to save a few quid, the price comparison is irrelevant. Even more irrelevant when comparing to clubs like Chelsea.

Can’t knock the owners since they’ve come in but this was inevitable especially given one of them is involved with a recently successful NBA franchise, they’ve invested because they want a successful business not because they’re true Villa fans like us. I do look forward to seeing the North Stand plans, it’s long overdue but I hope when they eventually release the season ticket prices too they aren’t as bad as I’m thinking right now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the transport problems are within our remit. As someone who uses the train everyday I can confirm they are as bad during the week as they are on matchdays. West Midlands Travel have a lot to answer for.

I’ve been away from the forum for a while but this season ticket stuff concerns me somewhat and I’d like to raise my voice somewhere it may get heard/seen and even relayed to the right people along with many other people’s views.

From my own calculation based on what I’ve read so far is that my ‘seat’ (Which I never sit on) in L8 will move from zone 6 to zone 4 as zone 5 and 6 won’t exist anymore. So from £370 to £530 with the 10% on top included, that’s on top of the extra £50 last year (Conveniently never mentioned) as I paid £320 in 2019 during the early bird window (Remember those?!) and you’re not far off double in a short space of time.

I have the seat I have because it’s cheap and the view is alright, ask anyone around me and they’d probably say the same thing. If it was suddenly much more I’d have to think about it as I’d be paying a lot more for a poorer view than others more central. It’s not about whether I can afford it as I could, it’s the principle of such a big price rise for a lesser product and by lesser product I mean what’s on the pitch and the seat/view I’d be paying for. I don’t buy into the supposed 20,000 waiting list as I can imagine many of those got on board the promotion hype bandwagon in 2019 and probably wouldn’t be as interested now, even less so if the tickets cost a lot more in a cost of living crisis. A cost of living crisis that’s only going to get worse when fuel prices go up again in October which also happens to be when the weather gets colder and days get shorter and people start to use it more again.

All this and I haven’t even mentioned the incredibly poor transport to the ground, it’s shocking and it affects your overall match day experience. After Man U at home in January I didn’t get home until after 9pm using the train yet I only live 8/9mi away. I honestly lost my temper with the staff on the platform because they were letting 6 carriage trains leave half empty which is an incredible waste. The one I eventually got on was also half empty when it left. I went to Everton away in January and I noticed when I left they had bus after bus after bus lined up waiting to take people away from the ground, this is just one example of a club that does it better as I could honestly list them off around Europe. Why can’t that happen outside Aston station for example in the ever empty bus lane? Since that Man U game I’ve been using my car and parking over a mile away to avoid the traffic so I can get away quickly. A lot less stress than the train that’s for sure. For a ground that appears to be in such a good location with two stations on hand I’m not sure how it’s so bad, it’s been there long enough.

Sorry for the rant but I can’t stand the greed. So what if our prices are in the lower end of the table? Why do they need to be higher? People don’t choose football teams based on price so they so it’s not like I’m suddenly gonna go elsewhere to save a few quid, the price comparison is irrelevant. Even more irrelevant when comparing to clubs like Chelsea.

Can’t knock the owners since they’ve come in but this was inevitable especially given one of them is involved with a recently successful NBA franchise, they’ve invested because they want a successful business not because they’re true Villa fans like us. I do look forward to seeing the North Stand plans, it’s long overdue but I hope when they eventually release the season ticket prices too they aren’t as bad as I’m thinking right now.
You and I , in fact all attending fans are an irrelevance. They don't give a shit about us. Pay up or fuck off basically

If 6 carriage trains are leaving half empty then there should be 3 carriages with more frequency, it would get people away and clear the area so much quicker. That or make the platforms much bigger to get more people up there which would fill the train when it arrives. It might not be within the clubs remit but I’m sure they, the local authorities and WMT can sort something out because if it’s a struggle to get 42,000 away then it’s gonna be something else when it’s 50,000.

Last edited:
The team actually did better without fans in attendance at the end of "the great escape season" and the "ghost season". Wonder if Purslow had that in his mind when considering the impact on fans.
Team did better,Silhill, because Deano listened to we fans at last and played a more defensive game and we tightened up, thankfully.

I think they will struggle to see a full Villa Park soon with performances the way they are let alone try to sell tickets at a higher price.

Might want to delay any announcement Christian, that’s all I heard people mention on the way out. It’s gonna be very hard for many people to justify forking out for performances like that in the future with there only being catergory A and B matches.

On the plus side today, pleased to report absolutely no transport/traffic issues as I left after the 4th goal. Home super quick.

Yep people were leaving on 65mins to beat the traffic today .

Announcing price rise and a bigger ground may be best put on hold at this moment in time , unless they want to look stupid

Said in a post earlier, once the plastics get bored, they need to be very sure they haven't alienated the fools (I include myself here) who have sat through decades of utter mediocrity because 'it is what we do'.

I can't see any justification really, for price rises, given the level of entertainment. If I went to a play, a cinema, or a restaurant, etc and got the same level of entertainment/fulfilment/whatever it is ... that I get from this lot, I'd walk out and not return!

I genuinely believe this current period of home matches being regularly full will start to peter away. There was the promotion with a local man as manager and a local lad as captain after the great end to the previous season so of course interest will be high, people always want what they can’t have hence the clamour for season tickets. Then there was the ghost season, so again demand and interest was going to be high when football properly came back this season. But we’ve barely moved forward, in fact we haven’t moved forward at all yet the club have spent a shit tonne. You do have to spend a lot to stay in the premier league but the club have spent an awful lot on bang average players with the odd exception, these players aren’t gonna take us to the next level and I’m not sure the club can attract those that can.

To ramp up season ticket, match ticket and probably even membership prices at the moment is incredibly poor timing. There’ll be people today who paid £50 to watch that and probably more when you factor in the membership cost, they will have left incredibly frustrated they’re wasted such money and won’t be back any time soon. Mid table finish after mid table finish every season isn’t going to fill 50,000 unless the prices are right.

Last edited:
Yep people were leaving on 65mins to beat the traffic today .

Announcing price rise and a bigger ground may be best put on hold at this moment in time , unless they want to look stupid

I didn’t leave to beat the traffic, I left because it was turd and to save what was left of my evening. I actually thought I’d cop the traffic with how many were leaving. I haven’t left that early in a long time.

Said in a post earlier, once the plastics get bored, they need to be very sure they haven't alienated the fools (I include myself here) who have sat through decades of utter mediocrity because 'it is what we do'.

I can't see any justification really, for price rises, given the level of entertainment. If I went to a play, a cinema, or a restaurant, etc and got the same level of entertainment/fulfilment/whatever it is ... that I get from this lot, I'd walk out and not return!
And yet you’re coming in on Sunday again :lol: