Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23 | Page 20 | Vital Football

Tickets & Season Tickets 22/23

Well with some regret I’ve given up my season ticket after 30 years of enduring, occasionally enjoying trips to Villa Park.

I didn’t go all last season (initially covid caution) and let one of the guys I sit with who is a headmaster at a tough inner city school use my ticket to take kids to matches.

I was pretty disillusioned with the crooked and uncompetitive game that football has turned into, money certainly does corrupt and ruin sport. But the final nail was VAR which meant that every time you score you can’t really celebrate until 2-5 mins of pontification and then disappointment as what has up to this point, been a perfectly good goal getting chalked off for some infraction of millimetres etc. It really does ruin the spectacle of the live game in the stadium (for me anyway).

The obscene money, the cheating on and off the pitch, and the elimination of the contact side of the game have made it something I don’t recognise and don’t particularly like.

Probably just go back to checking the scores on Ceefax instead…
Happy retirement, Crimson. Agree with VAR as, overall, a negative. However, going to Villa Park is to me and many others, more than a football match.
Memories of Dad and my first game,1-1 Blackpool, Stanley Matthews 1/2/1958. Born and bred a Villan. Brothers, a sister and cousins aplenty, all part of the Villa family. Learning to walk in Aston Park, Dad meeting Villa players on the Bus. Council House 1957, Johnny Dixon et Al. 1981,1982 and so on. So many great players, at last grown up owners. The train journey from Four Oaks, walk past Aston Church. Stroll to the Sacred Heart to meet 2 brother ,a Sister and several nephews. Purely to discuss the game,of course. After match debate,even an occasional joyous celebration. Aston Villa.

Well with some regret I’ve given up my season ticket after 30 years of enduring, occasionally enjoying trips to Villa Park.

I didn’t go all last season (initially covid caution) and let one of the guys I sit with who is a headmaster at a tough inner city school use my ticket to take kids to matches.

I was pretty disillusioned with the crooked and uncompetitive game that football has turned into, money certainly does corrupt and ruin sport. But the final nail was VAR which meant that every time you score you can’t really celebrate until 2-5 mins of pontification and then disappointment as what has up to this point, been a perfectly good goal getting chalked off for some infraction of millimetres etc. It really does ruin the spectacle of the live game in the stadium (for me anyway).

The obscene money, the cheating on and off the pitch, and the elimination of the contact side of the game have made it something I don’t recognise and don’t particularly like.

Yeah, I get that. Sorry to hear it though.

You found it tough to come to this conclusion?

I'm still waiting to hear re the finances involved for me to renew where I was moved to, I am half or more than half thinking I might end up in the same boat as you.

I watch less football now than ever before. The likes of cit£h, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid and now Newcastle have ruined it for me. F1 has been ruined and it now looks like golf will be the next sport.

For me, the whole fun of football was that anyone within reason could win something. The likes of Wimbledon, Wigan, Nottingham Forest etc proved this. Now just a handful of clubs win everything and the game has gone.

Sad that is. It’ll be an incredibly strange feeling first home game of the season if you’re not there, I remember it myself years ago when I had to give mine up. It’s a bit of a test for me this season, was easy to shift a ticket for a home game I can’t make at £15 in recent seasons but at £25 it might be a tougher sell. In a strange way I hope the match day tickets are going up a fair bit too so it makes £25 a bargain somewhat. I don’t like selling it back to the club because they take 20% and then sell it for full price.

I too have not renewed. In my case it’s partly financial and time decision given that I live on Merseyside and each game requires a 7 hour or so period.

However I too have become somewhat disillusioned by the finances in the game & also ‘game management’ in other words just stop the home team playing and rely on worsening standards of refereeing to allow teams/ players to get away with some blatant cheating.

I hope the rest of you enjoy a great season.

Gentlemen. Not sure if this is the right place. Walsall friendly tickets went on sale at 5pm to season ticket holders. I have just logged on and only 1 remains in the corner section.
1) have you purchased then all already or will more be released? One is no good to me as the wife wants to go as well.
Edit

Just moved this to a more appropriate place.

Gentlemen. Not sure if this is the right place. Walsall friendly tickets went on sale at 5pm to season ticket holders. I have just logged on and only 1 remains in the corner section.
1) have you purchased then all already or will more be released? One is no good to me as the wife wants to go as well.
Edit

Just moved this to a more appropriate place.
I'm pretty sure they release more. Without looking the ones we're for behind the goal and we always have all the one side of the ground as well and half of the other side.

I watch less football now than ever before. The likes of cit£h, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid and now Newcastle have ruined it for me. F1 has been ruined and it now looks like golf will be the next sport.

For me, the whole fun of football was that anyone within reason could win something. The likes of Wimbledon, Wigan, Nottingham Forest etc proved this. Now just a handful of clubs win everything and the game has gone.
Difficult to disagree, Fulford. I think that the Villa are still on the outside looking in atm. Impasse not helped by questionable FFP behaviour by certain clubs rubber stamped by Football authorities. Messeurs Blatter and Platini,amongst others,come to mind. Football captured by Capitalism? Was it ever thus and l recall an Arsenal bigwig claiming that a Club like Aston Villa will never win the European Cup again. One Arsenal fan hissed back "At least they've won the fucking (sic) thing." Will the "Big 6" maintain their grip or will Newcastle, Villa,Hammers or Everton break into the Cartel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm earing 3,000 haven't renewed, anyone else know if this figure is correct or more bullshit from twitter?

I'm earing 3,000 haven't renewed, anyone else know if this figure is correct or more bullshit from twitter?

Sounds quire a reasonable figure. 10% given the current situation and the rises involved. Im actually surprised its not higher. We were very close to not renewing.

Last edited:
Sounds quire a reasonable figure. 10% given the current situation and the rises involved. Im actually surprised its not higher. We where very close to not renewing.

It's getting that way isn't it, not sure the club would announce how many hadn't renewed they just announce when they've sold out again. I mean with 20k on a list it shouldn't be too hard;)

I’ve not long moved seat into L7 from L8, forgot about it until earlier. Didn’t bother trying to phone up after reading the comments on the support page, setup a Twitter account (I’ve never had it) and was sorted very quickly. You can see what’s available online but they’ll only process the move over the phone or via that Twitter account if there’s no extra to pay. Very odd it can’t be done online.

It's getting that way isn't it, not sure the club would announce how many hadn't renewed they just announce when they've sold out again. I mean with 20k on a list it shouldn't be too hard;)

Apparently 3k haven't renewed so there we are. I have, glutton for punishment that I am.

Apparently 3k haven't renewed so there we are. I have, glutton for punishment that I am.

We've renewed, I think my son uses me as an excuse and I use him as an excuse to go. I must admit it's a habit and sometimes I can't even remember who we are playing.
I certainly take it for granted and there is no longer any excitement about going, especially during cold winter night games

so our cheapest ST are now quite high on the table. Needs justifying with home performances now. Fair play to the likes of West Ham and Man City