Season Ticket Holders | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Holders

st-pedros-basin - 7/5/2013 10:30

We've always had crooked bastards running the club, nowts changed man. Everyone goes on as if Ashley is the worst fuckin thing ever.

There's some pretty solid arguments to suggest he is the worst ever

They got round it plats by paying a nominal fee for it... Although with the new sponsorship deal with wonga officially renaming the stadium back to it's rightful name (although i'm sure i read that no paperwork to officially change it's name was ever filed to begin with) hopefully that sign will be removed.

Rza - 7/5/2013 13:01

st-pedros-basin - 7/5/2013 10:30

We've always had crooked bastards running the club, nowts changed man. Everyone goes on as if Ashley is the worst fuckin thing ever.

There's some pretty solid arguments to suggest he is the worst ever

Probably, but it's all relevant to the modern game, massive spotlight and big business. I have no doubt whatsoever Mackeag and some of the cronies on the board around about that time and before would've shafted us and made as many monumental fuck ups as Ashley.

They're all ***** in my eyes. much of muchness

I'm not old enough to be familiar with McKeag and them but I've read enough on this board from reasonable enough sources to suggest none of the previous owners held the fans in as much contempt as Ashley. I suppose it's down to whether you care enough or not about the politics. I'm sure when Ashley goes it will be someone else but I've already said I'm convinced he's here as long as he wants to be, which is why I would settle for the quick fix by getting rid of Pardew. Last season proved that by getting results you can get even the most negative of 'les miserables' to lay off and let whoever's in charge, do their job. I cannot stand pardew however, and want him out under any circumstances, he's a fucking embarrassment.

My point I'm probably trying to make is, we've always gone to matches, always will and our owners on the whole have always been cuntbags. boycotting games is a futile concept. Even if it forced Ashley to sell up. The next owner will more than likely be another tosser.

and besides, in amongst all the politics under Ashley I've had the pleasure of being present at some of the greatest games and highs as a fan. I wouldn't swap being in the ground for that mackem 5-1 or some of last seasons games for anything. Which is what it's all about I suppose.

OldLeazes - 7/5/2013 09:44

I'm not asking anyone to do owt mind. It's up to each individual to make their own decision. I'm just pointingout that those decisions have consequences.

I'd like to see a campaign for everyone to stay home for a televised match.

See how an empty stadium plays out across the world's TV screens.

I do agree with this idea. A one off high profile home match against ManU or someone with NO home fans at all. It would work brilliantly and you're asking for one game only. That one could work. Get all the pubs behind it becaause they would be packed. Promotions, cheap beer, strippers etc.

Whilst i have chucked my season ticket i don't have a problem with those that continue to go, the sad thing is that we had Ashley on the run for a while but now him and his sidekick can even pop into the town for a pint, they must be laughing their cocks off in the helicopter back to London.

ManxMag - 7/5/2013 14:08

I'm not asking anyone to do owt mind. It's up to each individual to make their own decision. I'm just pointingout that those decisions have consequences.

I do agree with this idea. A one off high profile home match against ManU or someone with NO home fans at all. It would work brilliantly and you're asking for one game only. That one could work. Get all the pubs behind it becaause they would be packed. Promotions, cheap beer, strippers etc.

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you agreed to it, got home, switched on the tele only to see a packed house apart from your seat.
I don't trust anyone enough, certainly not 50,000 strangers to subscribe to this sort of thing

Bruce68 - 7/5/2013 14:12

Whilst i have chucked my season ticket i don't have a problem with those that continue to go, the sad thing is that we had Ashley on the run for a while but now him and his sidekick can even pop into the town for a pint, they must be laughing their cocks off in the helicopter back to London.

We only briefly had him on the run in fairness. Shortly after the hull game, that atmosphere was poisonous and he said "right i'm leaving" then the rumours about new owners started circulating, we struggled on the pitch but the animosity calmed down and before long he took the club off the market and noone seemed to complain too much. His half-witted attempts to sell the club after relegation were a blatant attempt to cut his losses and run, he just wasn't willing to take as big a cut as he'd have had to

Toon_Demon - 7/5/2013 14:22

We only briefly had him on the run in fairness. Shortly after the hull game, that atmosphere was poisonous and he said "right i'm leaving" then the rumours about new owners started circulating, we struggled on the pitch but the animosity calmed down and before long he took the club off the market and noone seemed to complain too much. His half-witted attempts to sell the club after relegation were a blatant attempt to cut his losses and run, he just wasn't willing to take as big a cut as he'd have had to

Ashley has never seriously wanted to sell the club so far.

All that stuff after Keegangate was just propaganda and spin to get the masses to calm down and lay off him as we were supposedly frightening his family.

My opinion is that he was on the run, you don't get vain twats like Ashley making "Please leave me alone" statements, he rode out the initial storm and then thought fuck it these Geordies are a pushover.

Indeed bruce, the mistake was not keeping the pressure on, there should have been chanting and demonstrations against him until any sale was signed and sealed, stepping off him to back the team made no difference as we were relegated, fans should have kept up the poisonous atmosphere until he was actually gone. That episode sadly has given ashley the belief that he can ride out any potential storm caused by his pr blunders (the ground renaming being a prime example)

Bruce68 - 7/5/2013 14:38

My opinion is that he was on the run, you don't get vain twats like Ashley making "Please leave me alone" statements, he rode out the initial storm and then thought fuck it these Geordies are a pushover.

Pretty much this

They had the right idea at Darlington when Llambias paid them a visit.

I think I've lost all faith in fan power in all honesty, or what I assumed was fan power.
I remember thinking it would be the end of the world for ashley and co after Keegan was shafted. assuming the bastards would be driven out of the region. As fruitless as that was I still held out hope that all hell fire would come raining down on them after relegation.
Now when I hear people say we'll give them hell this time if we go down again, I can't help but roll my eyes

Well, it doesn't work unless people actually join in.

Not much, if any, point in complaining if you are still rolling up to show your support.

No wonder he laughs at us.

st-pedros-basin - 7/5/2013 14:15

ManxMag - 7/5/2013 14:08

Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you agreed to it, got home, switched on the tele only to see a packed house apart from your seat.
I don't trust anyone enough, certainly not 50,000 strangers to subscribe to this sort of thing

You should be able to gauge how well it will go by talking to people, listening and seeing how rammed the pubs are. Go and sit in the 3 Bulls or the Trent House and see how many people are walking to the ground. You'll get more up for a one off match boycott protest than owt else.