Season Ticket Holders | Page 3 | Vital Football

Season Ticket Holders

Is the Trent packed on match days? My dad used to manage the Trent in the late 70's and early 80's and i went back in there a few years ago (not on a match day) and it was a student bar, very different to how it was back in the day.

If people can't give up a game of football every 2 weeks for the greater good yet still watch it in the pub really just points at what sad lives they must lead.

I've give up going to Newcastle games cos I don't see why I should pay an owner, who is a proven liar and has such contempt for the fans that it's laughable. A managing director that is also a proven liar and a complete inept imbecile. A manager that was never a popular choice to begin with and was brought in to take us to the next level when those in charge never looked at his managerial CV. It's ok to say that fans want to go and support the team but those players that are earning our yearly salaries in one week aren't exactly performing for the fans. In my eyes the players are happily picking up their obscene wages without breaking a sweat and at the end of it, they can move on to another club with probably a pay rise and leave us fans wondering where the loyalty is. I will always support my team, but from the pub or my own living room. Now I get my football fix from going to Whitley games, which to me is a far better atmosphere and value for money. Away games are local and you can go to all matches in one season, home and away, it will cost less than an average season ticket at NUFC. Shirts don't cost £50, they cost £12 each and Just as good, i've just got 4 Whitley tops for the same price as an NUFC shirt. Other merchandise is available at a reasonable cost. Up to you as individuals if you agree or not but this is my choice and I am very happy with it.

I go and watch a bit of non league and it's great. Costs me a fiver to get in, I can smoke a tab without getting hoyed out, I can have a drink from a proper glass in the club bar and there is a good choice. I can stand or sit where I like ... what's not to like?

I've seen some absorbing games too, the standard isn't that bad.

Officemonkey - 7/5/2013 02:08

Well done to contributing to our downfall. You've done us proud with your lack of backbone. I love seeing quotes like 'I hope Ashley chokes on the losses' when people forget that he has THEIR money to fall back on.

Gladly it isn't my money. I have morals.

Fook me, *get the violin out....

I can't believe you are still here Tino.

We've been taking bets on your next name change.

I've got a fiver on "sad fucking arsehole"

Officemonkey - 7/5/2013 18:02

If people can't give up a game of football every 2 weeks for the greater good yet still watch it in the pub really just points at what sad lives they must lead.

Very direct,but very true.

Possibly. And funnily enough, pointed out on an internet football forum, where we all spend large amounts of our lives.

I'm guessing some come on here to replace the void left by the football they had the courage to walk away from. :17: