Season Ticket Holders | Vital Football

Season Ticket Holders

officemonkey

Vital Champions League
Well done to contributing to our downfall. You've done us proud with your lack of backbone. I love seeing quotes like 'I hope Ashley chokes on the losses' when people forget that he has THEIR money to fall back on.

Gladly it isn't my money. I have morals.

What else can we do ? I love supporting my tean and i dont know if you have noticed but new owners arnt exactly forming an orderly cue to buy ashley out, the mess we are in now is totally down to pardew

Not this chestnut again.

I blame people for turning their back on the club and not making their voice heard at the game meself.

I don't understand why the season ticket holders are getting the blame for the clubs downfall? I won't let some fat d*ckhead stop me from going to watch my team every fornight. You support the club through the good times and the bad times, that's the beauty of the game. You can't just walk away because you don't like the performances or the decisions the club makes.

I'm also not convinced the season ticket money is the reason why we are in this mess? I'm guessing the season ticket money amounts to around £15 million. Ashley is worth a hell of a lot more than so I don't think he's going to change his ways because he's £15m out of pocket.

I agree with TNMW, we should be making our voices heard. I've been waiting for the 'pardew out' chants for a few games now but it was only 4 or 5 games ago they were still singing pardews name.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 7/5/2013 07:29

Not this chestnut again.

I blame people for turning their back on the club and not making their voice heard at the game meself.

It just shows how desperate you are to distance yourself from blame.

PieMag - 7/5/2013 09:27

Toon_NoMatterWot - 7/5/2013 07:29

Not this chestnut again.

It just shows how desperate you are to distance yourself from blame.

I couldn't give a shit basically.

I do what i want in regards to the games and only me will ever change that, not some powder puff excuse for what a supporter should or shouldn't do.

Fucking laughable.

There's no doubt whatsoever that those who attend games lend succour and support to Ashley.

I understand why you all go, I used to go myself until quite recently. It is hard to stop, we all feel it.

However, it cannot be denied that the continued support from the stands allows Ashley to do as he pleases.

If we all stand up and say NO then he can't do anything. He wouldn't like it if we were playing in an empty stadium, and I'm doing my small part to ensure that happens. Those who do nothing shouldn't really complain.

Yawn.

Don't forget you are asking people to take away from their lives what they love doing and what they have done on a Saturday for generations. Take that away from some people and they'll have nowt left. And the fat twat will have wiped away 120 years of Geordie tradition.

I'm not asking anyone to do owt mind. It's up to each individual to make their own decision. I'm just pointingout that those decisions have consequences.

I'd like to see a campaign for everyone to stay home for a televised match.

See how an empty stadium plays out across the world's TV screens.

He's already done that for some of us. I just don't think I would enjoy sitting in SJP now watching shit football in a shit atmosphere. I just can't see where the pleasure is in that.

We've always had crooked bastards running the club, nowts changed man. Everyone goes on as if Ashley is the worst fuckin thing ever. He's just one of a long line of ***** running the club

Everytime things start going sour this debate rears it's head. It's up to individuals what they want to do. One of things people always say about Newcastle united is that football is a way of life, a religion, and that's not something that's easily given up. If people think they're making a difference by staying away then good for them, and credit to their will power, but if people want to go and try and support the team. As chopey points out there don't appear to be people queuing up to buy ashley out (and the likelihood that someone will come forward any time soon is pretty low due to the FFP rules coming into force). And Dan is right, the amount Ashley will lose from ticket sales is minimal compared to his own wealth. If we are relegated then it becomes a bigger problem as it will be a larger proportion of the clubs income, but we were till in the top 5 for attendances while we were in the championship. People love their club and it is their right to go, just as it is the right of those that see it as indirect support of ashley to stay away from matches

The one thing we can be proud of is our support, especially during shite times like this.
It was brilliant seeing us pack the rafters out at away games in the championship, even if most of them are mongs

I've been a few times this season but Southampton game aside, I can't say I have enjoyed any of the other games. I gave up just before Christmas figuring out just what it is we are trying to do when we go on the pitch.

One thing I think - if we drop into the Championship, fan attendance has the potential to make up a greater proportion of the income.

What happens to the season ticket price if we get relegated? Does it stay the same?

Officemonkey - 7/5/2013 02:08

Well done to contributing to our downfall. You've done us proud with your lack of backbone. I love seeing quotes like 'I hope Ashley chokes on the losses' when people forget that he has THEIR money to fall back on.

Gladly it isn't my money. I have morals.

.. it bangs on about not going then goes when it gets a "free ticket" .. doesn't matter what club you support you can see this fooker for what he is..

.. and it says its got morals.. that's the funniest fookin thing I have seen on here for ages.. :34:

taffontyne - 7/5/2013 10:59

I've been a few times this season but Southampton game aside, I can't say I have enjoyed any of the other games. I gave up just before Christmas figuring out just what it is we are trying to do when we go on the pitch.

One thing I think - if we drop into the Championship, fan attendance has the potential to make up a greater proportion of the income.

What happens to the season ticket price if we get relegated? Does it stay the same?

aye, That 10 year price freeze wont look too good when we're in Division two

The whole argument is riddled with hypocrisies.

When things are going well, it's great that the club is using the fans money wisely, and we enjoy seeing some good football.

When things aren't going well, the club should have invested in players... Well where does that money come from? You can't have it both ways.

When things are going very badly it's the 'fault' of those who attend the match.

If you're ever proud of the support and following that the club has, then you're a hypocrite if you think that support should now stop.

To my mind, if you pay for Sky, you're as guilty (if not moreso), of contributing towards the way the game has gone. If there wasn't so much money in the game due to people sitting on their fat arses paying Rupert Murdoch through the nose, then perhaps we might have some slightly more football orientated people in charge of clubs.

In fighting and point scoring is just a pointless waste of energy.

I was back in Newcastle this weekend and flew home yesterday. We took off westwards and turned right over the city centre and all I could see was that fucking horrible logo plastered over the gallowgate roof. Whatever the reasons it made me incredibly sad that 6 years later this cancer is still dominating everything about the club and causes such a rift between supporters.

Geordieracer69 - 7/5/2013 12:54

I was back in Newcastle this weekend and flew home yesterday. We took off westwards and turned right over the city centre and all I could see was that fucking horrible logo plastered over the gallowgate roof. Whatever the reasons it made me incredibly sad that 6 years later this cancer is still dominating everything about the club and causes such a rift between supporters.

It is absolutely horrendous. It makes the entire stadium look cheap and tacky if you can see the whole thing.

I'm still amazed that the club NEVER get pulled up for this free advertising. It's borderline fraud.