Season Ticket Holders – Free Tickets | Vital Football

Season Ticket Holders – Free Tickets

RotherhitheGill

Vital 1st Team Regular
If I remember correctly, season ticket holders are entitled to 5 free tickets, Can anyone remember:

Are they restricted to any category of game

How do you claim them
I would phone the ground, but guess it’s closed by now.

Just had a look at the brochure, it looks like just Cat B games and it is 4 tickets at a £5.00.

Did this change when we voted to give up last years (and the year before) claims?

I emailed the club a week ago about the 4 friends for a £5 tickets, along with my 5 tickets from 2019-20 season Here’s the reply

These are things we are working on with the development team at Secutix. It has taken a bit longer than we expected to implement such a function, but it is being looked at and we will communicate how tickets can be redeemed in due course.”

Great, it could be by the time it's resolved the game my mates want to go to (Charlton) who are both Gillingham supporters but live near Huddersfield (and are only down in Kent that week for a funeral) it will have been and gone. Fantastic.

I emailed the club a week ago about the 4 friends for a £5 tickets, along with my 5 tickets from 2019-20 season Here’s the reply

These are things we are working on with the development team at Secutix. It has taken a bit longer than we expected to implement such a function, but it is being looked at and we will communicate how tickets can be redeemed in due course.”

English Football League club Gillingham FC has appointed the cloud-based ticketing engagement platform SecuTix as its new ticketing technology partner.

Under the agreement, the League One club will use the company’s SecuTix 360° platform to manage its ticketing, CRM and access control systems, which will be in place for the 2021-22 season, with the first tickets due to go on sale by early July 2021.

Paul Scally, chairman of Gillingham, said: “We’re excited by the possibilities with SecuTix to consolidate disparate systems and ultimately provide the best possible experience for our fans. This digital-first approach will make the future fan journey with the Club in terms of access, information, communication and purchasing much simpler and definitely more cutting edge.”

The move is part of the club’s vision to move to a fully digital fan experience, including making the MEMS Priestfield Stadium a cashless stadium by the start of the new season.

David Hornby, UK managing director of SecuTix, added: “Gillingham is an ambitious club and we’re delighted to be partnering with them to bring new innovation to their operations. Using the very latest in fan engagement technology, Gillingham’s supporters will benefit from a seamless experience across all points of sale and on any device. This is about giving their fans a greater choice of services and offers tailored to their needs.”

English Football League club Gillingham FC has appointed the cloud-based ticketing engagement platform SecuTix as its new ticketing technology partner.

Under the agreement, the League One club will use the company’s SecuTix 360° platform to manage its ticketing, CRM and access control systems, which will be in place for the 2021-22 season, with the first tickets due to go on sale by early July 2021.

Paul Scally, chairman of Gillingham, said: “We’re excited by the possibilities with SecuTix to consolidate disparate systems and ultimately provide the best possible experience for our fans. This digital-first approach will make the future fan journey with the Club in terms of access, information, communication and purchasing much simpler and definitely more cutting edge.”

The move is part of the club’s vision to move to a fully digital fan experience, including making the MEMS Priestfield Stadium a cashless stadium by the start of the new season.

David Hornby, UK managing director of SecuTix, added: “Gillingham is an ambitious club and we’re delighted to be partnering with them to bring new innovation to their operations. Using the very latest in fan engagement technology, Gillingham’s supporters will benefit from a seamless experience across all points of sale and on any device. This is about giving their fans a greater choice of services and offers tailored to their needs.”

well they ain’t happened…. Has it

Is this same Secutix mob doing this for a lot of clubs?

Because fans of every other “online ticket” system seem to be having similar issues. Have a browse around the L 1 forums.

I believe Pompey had their lowest home gate since 2013 last week and a lot of people are blaming their new system. But not sure if that’s true or just disgruntled fans.

If I remember correctly, season ticket holders are entitled to 5 free tickets, Can anyone remember:

Are they restricted to any category of game

How do you claim them
I would phone the ground, but guess it’s closed by now.[/QUOTE

What has happened to the promised draws for a free season ticket next season and also for 5 season ticket holders to watch a match from the directors box?

Today would have been an ideal day for a ticket promotion. Weather hopefully OK and a tiny away following so no danger of putting the families off. School holidays so parents looking for things to do.

Big promotion - tenner for tickets and "pack priestfields".

Sadly we have no ambition or perhaps ability to do such a thing.

I looked at the seating plan at around one yesterday, and noticed Blocks D E and F in Medway Lower were on sale for a fiver. It must have been a "Flash Sale" to fill the swathes of empty seats, it obviously didn't work, perhaps if they had done some sort of promotion or announced it on Friday it might have done.
I only found it by chance.

I looked at the seating plan at around one yesterday, and noticed Blocks D E and F in Medway Lower were on sale for a fiver. It must have been a "Flash Sale" to fill the swathes of empty seats, it obviously didn't work, perhaps if they had done some sort of promotion or announced it on Friday it might have done.
If that's true that's a complete joke.

How's that fair to those that paid £22?

I have to say, I don't really see what the problem is with the new ticketing system. I was a bit sceptical and found it a bit clunky to start with (i.e. the lack of option to add it to your "Apple Wallet", which is pretty simple and par for the course for most online tickets, i.e. Euro 2020, flights, even Kent CCC had that option for the T20 QF); however, once I used it once and got my ST on my phone, it's worked fine.

Equally, I ordered my Cheltenham ticket last night, booked it on my online account which took about a minute and allocated the tickets to me and my dad and both tickets were generated on our respsective accounts and phones straight away. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Not sure what's so difficult about it and why people can't transact somethin so simple, but it does seem that there is an issue, so hopefully the new receptive and communicative Scally will take it onboard and offer an alternative as it's clear there's an issue for some using the online ticketing system and not just at GFC.

I have to say, I don't really see what the problem is with the new ticketing system. I was a bit sceptical and found it a bit clunky to start with (i.e. the lack of option to add it to your "Apple Wallet", which is pretty simple and par for the course for most online tickets, i.e. Euro 2020, flights, even Kent CCC had that option for the T20 QF); however, once I used it once and got my ST on my phone, it's worked fine.

Equally, I ordered my Cheltenham ticket last night, booked it on my online account which took about a minute and allocated the tickets to me and my dad and both tickets were generated on our respsective accounts and phones straight away. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Not sure what's so difficult about it and why people can't transact somethin so simple, but it does seem that there is an issue, so hopefully the new receptive and communicative Scally will take it onboard and offer an alternative as it's clear there's an issue for some using the online ticketing system and not just at GFC.

I agree it's easy Steve but less than 4000 says we need to look at it.

That's the thing- it is fairly easy if you have a smart phone or a computer, but many people have neither. That's where it's been made difficult.

Are you sure they weren’t child tickets?

Also look at yesterdays opposition, then look at other attractions, not just in Medway. Dumping all the blame on the club seems to be a bit harsh. After over a year of not going to football some have found other ways to spend Saturdays.

The likes of Crewe & Shrewsbury now get bigger crowds than us. Nothing against those sides, but historically we have got higher gates then them. It does seem to me our support is dwindling in comparison to other clubs of equal stature to us. However, i doubt it is simply the online ticketing causing this.....we have a trend of falling attendances for many years.

Also look at yesterdays opposition, then look at other attractions, not just in Medway. Dumping all the blame on the club seems to be a bit harsh. After over a year of not going to football some have found other ways to spend Saturdays.

Club can only control what we do. My question is have we made it as easy possible for people ? Could we do more? We can't control things outside of our control