SEASON OF MISTAKES | Vital Football

SEASON OF MISTAKES

twirlo70

Vital 1st Team Regular
Pathetic fuckin crap. from manager down,some bewildering team selections ,substitutions and worst of all his buys.
on the pitch inept grass roots mistakes after mistake after mistake, and wilder persisting with the same shit game after game. not doing anything at all different nothing. hes got lads in the u23s chomping at the bit to play and forge a career in football,but they get no where near playing apart from warming the bench ,fucking waste o time.
its been embarrassing and its gonna continue,cause wilder will not change it. we have assembled the worst set of attackers in the premiership history. fuckin terrible. total failure in epic hollywood blockbuster style .

Why did our best 2 players Bogle and Burke not start yesterday ?. For me the following have to go. Rodwell, Jags, Lundstram, Norwood, McBurnie, Robinson and Stevens. We have enough LWB and I would keep Osborn, Lowe and Bryan. We virtually need a complete new midfield and better cover in defence. Brewster and Ramsdale have to be a lot better but they will have the chance in the Championship. Wilder has to accept that the scouting is not good enough and there have to be changes. Damage limitation now.

Ampadu and Norwood deserve honouring for their services to goal costing mistakes and PL relegations.

Great effort from both of them this season.

Unfortunately we could see things not quite happening at the end of last season
We needed astute recruitment, honestly, not received
We weren’t prolific in front of goal last season
We needed a 20 plus goal a season striker, and the right players to feed him
He tried signing young potential targets, not worked
But the saddest thing for me is
See some of players on the pitch, looking defeated already
Some don’t seem to want the ball, out of position, can’t or won’t tackle,poor marking, not willing to put there heart and soul into that 90 minutes needed on the pitch
I am sick of screaming at the pitch, get a tackle in , close him down etc
Players suddenly don’t become bad players, they love the game as much as us, maybe not love SUFC as much, I am positive they don’t go on the pitch to do a bad job, but , things are definitely not right
Gutted , I really am

Unfortunately we could see things not quite happening at the end of last season
We needed astute recruitment, honestly, not received
We weren’t prolific in front of goal last season
We needed a 20 plus goal a season striker, and the right players to feed him
He tried signing young potential targets, not worked
But the saddest thing for me is
See some of players on the pitch, looking defeated already
Some don’t seem to want the ball, out of position, can’t or won’t tackle,poor marking, not willing to put there heart and soul into that 90 minutes needed on the pitch
I am sick of screaming at the pitch, get a tackle in , close him down etc
Players suddenly don’t become bad players, they love the game as much as us, maybe not love SUFC as much, I am positive they don’t go on the pitch to do a bad job, but , things are definitely not right
Gutted , I really am
I’m passed it now ray sad as I am to say it I’ve screamed till I’m red (never blue) in the face this season got angry and frustrated in equal measures but last night tipped me over the edge such a timid gutless attempt at a performance against a team in the relegation places was just a step too far why should I bother if they can’t be,if I was there it would be another matter I’d make myself heard geeing them up urging them on or bollocking them and giving them a kick up the arse but it’s futile sat in my living room so I’ve just given up I’ll still watch as I can’t not but they’ve drained the enthusiasm out of me just like adkins managed to,luckily he got the push as I don’t think I could have stuck another season of watching that but this is looking more and more like that as the season goes on

I’m passed it now ray sad as I am to say it I’ve screamed till I’m red (never blue) in the face this season got angry and frustrated in equal measures but last night tipped me over the edge such a timid gutless attempt at a performance against a team in the relegation places was just a step too far why should I bother if they can’t be,if I was there it would be another matter I’d make myself heard geeing them up urging them on or bollocking them and giving them a kick up the arse but it’s futile sat in my living room so I’ve just given up I’ll still watch as I can’t not but they’ve drained the enthusiasm out of me just like adkins managed to,luckily he got the push as I don’t think I could have stuck another season of watching that but this is looking more and more like that as the season goes on
Was a real low point under Adkins, just went to match to get out of the house after a week at work, and have a drink
But, under Wilder, I was really optimistic about our future long term, playing some of the best football I have seen, every team we played were knackered after we steam rolled em
Now, not even sure how we will get on next season

No defence as suqare pegs etc. This is on the Prince and his no support of our manager.
Chris will have known his budget, and did say he would work with what he received, I think our scouting system needed updating, and our recruitment wasn’t the best, buying potential, hasn’t worked, he went for young blood, he knew his system, and what he wanted, so , Chris must take some responsibility
Just an opinion

Chris will have known his budget, and did say he would work with what he received, I think our scouting system needed updating, and our recruitment wasn’t the best, buying potential, hasn’t worked, he went for young blood, he knew his system, and what he wanted, so , Chris must take some responsibility
Just an opinion
I assume you believe CW whan he says he was promised more in January? I do.

Mate , not arguing, just stating the obvious, recruitment hasn’t been the best, and he has stated he would be working i the constraints of the money given, and yes, said more would be forthcoming, but, being at the bottom of the league in Jan, not sure I would want to invest in potential
Not sure who would come, to be honest

I do but I also understand why the rug was pulled it’s like repairing a car that has past it’s best and things going wrong one thing after another youre just throwing good money after bad it was an extremely long shot to get out of the situation we found ourselves in in jan and not being privy to the finances I think it was sensible if we were close to overspending you shouldn’t be gambling with the rent money or the gas bill

Mate , not arguing, just stating the obvious, recruitment hasn’t been the best, and he has stated he would be working i the constraints of the money given, and yes, said more would be forthcoming, but, being at the bottom of the league in Jan, not sure I would want to invest in potential
I agree with Chips. He will have known the budget but JOC been out for the season changed everything. Wilder asked to sign Ben Davies and was told no. We can all see what a massive mistake that was. Then the JTW, money was promised. We then have a couple of results and the Prince starts talking about the great escape. He then goes back on his word and tries to stay up on the cheap. That is not good management.

We needed a Jack replacement and you don't think we could have got one in and perhaps another midfielder? We'll have to agree to differ Ray.

I do but I also understand why the rug was pulled it’s like repairing a car that has past it’s best and things going wrong one thing after another youre just throwing good money after bad it was an extremely long shot to get out of the situation we found ourselves in in jan and not being privy to the finances I think it was sensible if we were close to overspending you shouldn’t be gambling with the rent money or the gas bill
We improved in January and it was a necessitiy for two more to come in to refresh the group. Not saying we wouldn't have still gone down but I expect the Prince to back the manager.

No defence as suqare pegs etc. This is on the Prince and his no support of our manager.

Who bought the replacements in?

We have Jagielka ,Rodwell, Robinson,Bogle,Bryan, Lowe,Osborn, 3 no mark keepers as back up ( 1 latterly gone elsewhere)
We've got McB, Brewster, Burke, Moose up front as well as the 'normal' 11.

All non regulars, all brought in by CW.

Essentially, until this week, we have had long term injuries to JOC and Berge.

Effectively that squad can't cope with 2 injuries- and all the above are CW buys/deals paid for by, I would suspect , the owner.

Barking up the wrong tree ATM Chips.

Who bought the replacements in?

We have Jagielka ,Rodwell, Robinson,Bogle,Bryan, Lowe,Osborn, 3 no mark keepers as back up ( 1 latterly gone elsewhere)
We've got McB, Brewster, Burke, Moose up front as well as the 'normal' 11.

All non regulars, all brought in by CW.

Essentially, until this week, we have had long term injuries to JOC and Berge.

Effectively that squad can't cope with 2 injuries- and all the above are CW buys/deals paid for by, I would suspect , the owner.

Barking up the wrong tree ATM Chips.
No mate, I think we needed cover for Jack. And the Prince has let us down.

No mate, I think we needed cover for Jack. And the Prince has let us down.
The man who has let us down is CW- he's spent enough money but, as is plain to see, he's spent it on poor players who have NOT added to the overall effectiveness, performance, results of the team.
At least the Prince gave him circa 100m to fritter away.Had it been McC we'd have sold anyone for any offer as soon as the pandemic started.