Season Memberships | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season Memberships

Looks like we’ve lost about a thousand plastics then.

I have not had a season ticket for over 40 years as the job at the age of 16 onwards meant not being in Lincoln. Get up in the Selenity stand and you’ll see three names on seats, my parents and I when the club met another financial hurdle. I am now settled back in Lincoln, grateful I have a job although not sure for how long. I know I am due a wage cut in July before anything else happens.

Can I commit to a season ticket right now - no. My daughter’s graduation is in July a four hour drive, proud as punch but we won’t be staying over. The diesel will probably be enough. We’ll go and have something to eat nothing fancy and head back. My son is also going through Uni and as a parent and with the job spec that comes with it I will be supporting him and also my daughter who wants to go on and do her masters. On top of that like everyone else I have to pay household bills. I hope they both get what they want in life but with that I make sacrifices to hopefully fulfil their dreams. When I’m no longer around at least they can look back and say dad sacrificed a lot for us.

If all that means I’m plastic then sobeit, but I’m still happy inside and proud and will still go to see City when I can.

I have not had a season ticket for over 40 years as the job at the age of 16 onwards meant not being in Lincoln. Get up in the Selenity stand and you’ll see three names on seats, my parents and I when the club met another financial hurdle. I am now settled back in Lincoln, grateful I have a job although not sure for how long. I know I am due a wage cut in July before anything else happens.

Can I commit to a season ticket right now - no. My daughter’s graduation is in July a four hour drive, proud as punch but we won’t be staying over. The diesel will probably be enough. We’ll go and have something to eat nothing fancy and head back. My son is also going through Uni and as a parent and with the job spec that comes with it I will be supporting him and also my daughter who wants to go on and do her masters. On top of that like everyone else I have to pay household bills. I hope they both get what they want in life but with that I make sacrifices to hopefully fulfil their dreams. When I’m no longer around at least they can look back and say dad sacrificed a lot for us.

If all that means I’m plastic then sobeit, but I’m still happy inside and proud and will still go to see City when I can.
Your not a plastic supporter, just a lapsed one!.

With the economic climate the way it is i would guess numbers will drop a bit. However some people will juggle games in as afforded and i think season ticket against a one off ticket is somewhat lower. Overall there may not be much in it when all factors are taken in account, It will be tough for all over the world for the next few years so anything over 5000 this early has to be a good effort plus a few more will get season tickets im sure

Looks like we’ve lost about a thousand plastics then.

Open your eyes to the economic realities for the majority of people today. Many people are having to forgo essentials to make sure they can eat and keep a roof over their heads. If that means they have to give up a season ticket so be it. That decision has nothing to do with the team how they performed last season.

I've renewed but with a 250 mile round trip to every home game the increasing cost of fuel will make me pick and choose games as £70 per trip is just not viable more than a couple of times a month.

Really ignorant comment

I suspect a decent chunk of the non-renewals are the ones who live further away as well.
I'm 60 miles away. If my dad wasn't still around and I knew petrol would cost more than gold, I might have reconsidered my purchase. Luckily I can afford the costs but, like most of us, I'm far from happy with them!

Open your eyes to the economic realities for the majority of people today. Many people are having to forgo essentials to make sure they can eat and keep a roof over their heads. If that means they have to give up a season ticket so be it. That decision has nothing to do with the team how they performed last season.

I've renewed but with a 250 mile round trip to every home game the increasing cost of fuel will make me pick and choose games as £70 per trip is just not viable more than a couple of times a month.

Really ignorant comment

,,That decision has nothing to do with the team how they performed last season. "

It has for some people, trust me. As long as the economic realities you mentioned are the the main factor last seasons poor performances, especially at home did play a part too. I know two people in my work place who won't renew due to as they say: ,,not getting value for money" and come back to support their Arsenals and Man Utd's on the telly. Embarrassing for me and not how I see supporting YOUR football club but it is what it is. I'm sure there is many more like them two who won't renew for the same reason... Results and performances were always biggest attendance makers in football like it or not.

,,I've renewed but with a 250 mile round trip to every home game"
WOW , hat off Sir , respect. This is definition of a club supporter for me...

There is some that came along in the cowley era and have now stopped. I know of 2 that had season tickets but dropping them next season due to poor home performances last season

There is some that came along in the cowley era and have now stopped. I know of 2 that had season tickets but dropping them next season due to poor home performances last season
I would have thought they would have renewed now the reason behind poor home performances is no longer there (& to @JAYIMP as well )
I know it’s wrong to think like this but for people like these I hope we have a good season and they struggle to get tickets

It doesn’t as you are not one of the thousand lost st holders