Season defining game | Vital Football

Season defining game

For me it was the Chelsea away game, I couldn't believe how utterly dominant we were that day, I didn't think a 1 goal hammering existed until that game.

The players average positions from that game, playing for the badge20180523_225301.png

Good shout BD. I think that, although not a defining game, but was of great relief to me, is actually not in that list. It was Southampton away, when we won 0:1 right after that horrible run of two defeats to the dippers and the rag game. It got us going again.

Like Rising I do not think I can think of a single game at this time, but 18 games on the trot certainly sealed our credentials, but OldTragicford
  • United posted a 35% possession figure, their lowest at Old Trafford in the Premier League since 2003-04 (when Opta started collecting this data).
Beating Arsenal 3 times, doubles over Chelsea and Tottenham, beating every Team in the League

Win against Conte's Chelsea away..

And today classless fans deserves the result. Well-done Gareth Bale and co for their season defining moment ortherwise an poss poor season.
Real just won it ..mentally they are such a strong team and won it three time in a row, yes we need to grow up, I feel its better got knocked out earlier than witnessing our player return empty handed

Agree with the thoughts about Chelsea away. That really made the rest of the league sit up and take notice.
From a personal point of view, Stoke at home, as I got to witness that due to a spare being kindly made available to me.
I go back a long way, and that opening 45 minutes was the finest I've seen by a City side - the second half wasn't bad, either! :thumbup:

Oohhh....so many to choose from. :hmmm:

The Chelsea game was a marker..........and the scintillating football that destroyed Stoke was remarkable......knocking Leicester off their perch was satisfying....then there was the late winner against Southampton at home and the defeat of the rags on their home patch followed by the cathartic thumping of Spurs despite the efforts of Kane and Alli to injure our players........

But I am going to plump for the 0-1 defeat of Newcastle away with Sterling's improvised finish enabling us to defeat a team that set out from the kick-off to defend with every single player and a totally negative mindset.

Previously this game is one where we would have toiled and come away with only a single point but under Pep, we found a way to depart with all three.:thumbup: