Season Cards | Vital Football

Season Cards

Our Kids Dad

Alert Team
Staff member
I've just sent the following email to the Ticket Office - I will update the thread, if a response is forthcoming.

Good morning,

We have 4 season cards (######################) in my linked bubble.

Given that the decision deadline is tomorrow 23-9-2020, do you not feel it pertinent to issue an updated statement via the Club’s Official Site, to reflect the Government’s Latest Announcement?

Sadly, ifollow codes for home games & a handful of away games only (where the ifollow service is woeful to say the least) just does not compensate and with the most likely scenario of no fan access for the remainder of 2020 – I would suggest that a new offer or announcement is made – otherwise, the rolling refund option appears the only fair and viable option.

What’s more disappointing is that Season Card Holders no longer benefit from the discount on NFFC Merchandise either, which at least softened the blow given how expensive said merchandise is!

I would hope that you respond to this email or via the Official Site today, to allow fans to make the best choice for their personal circumstances.

Kindest Regards

OKD

Response from the Ticket Office.

Hi,

With the current situation ongoing, the Club will monitor changing guidance as the season goes along. If the guidance limits the ability to deliver ticket ballots for supporters who have selected Option 1, we shall look to provide additional compensation to our supporters.

Please see our FAQs page for now until a further update can be made - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/nottinghamforest/Common/CustomerNotice/TicketingFAQs

Kind regards,

Ticket office team

I have opted for a rolling refund, the main reason being to keep my seat for next season. I didnt thnk the ballot/IFollow option was in any way practical or value and the club have made no offer of recompense at all which is incredible really.

I know the whole picture is a shit show but disappointed, again, with the club here. Season tickets holders of decades who cant go this season for may reasons will now face a price hike next year whilst Bong lives it up at our expense. No justice.

I paid for my Upper Trent season ticket so long ago that I can't even remember how much I paid, but it was certainly in excess of £300. I would consider leaving my money with them to watch at least 46 home and away games on ifollow. Forest are missing a massive trick (probably limited by Sky/EFL) if all I'm going to get is circa 30 games, which presumably would be cheaper to pay for at £10 a time, with the flexibility not to pay if you're out, decide it's not worth paying etc.

My son has already claimed his rolling money back. I certainly have no intention of attending games under current circumstances. I almost never buy merchandise. (My figure is not as football shirt friendly as it used to be !) .The club needs to get its act together quickly, or they will start to lose my money too.

Last edited:
Think I've managed to work out I only paid £255 for my season ticket. (I'm a newly arrived concession !) . Will give Forest the benefit of my money, though it's a marginal decision. SL, please make the team worth watching this season !

I've gone for Option 1 as well - someone has got fund the spending spree.

I think the will be no-one in the ground until the Spring. Then the ballot will kick in for the rest of the season (maybe 4 or 5 games) Looking at the ratio of refund to option 1 - I guess i will be drawn out of the ballot every time.

Well worth £330 to celebrate the promotion party in the stadium with the players

Any idea when the refunds will be paid under option 2? Knowing how well the club have handled everything so far it will probably be at the end of the season ☹️☹️

The club weren't very specific on this. The season only started in September though, and there's only been one home game. Guess they will wait at least till the end of each month to see what happens. A "rolling basis" refund could mean anything. Not sure if they will pay out 1/23rd sometime after the end of September.

Well put, G-man.

It is genuinely upsetting.

I don't even need the money back, it's not about that. It's the silence that breaks my heart. I know as a business they don't really care about their customers, but treating them with such disdain in the current climate may well impact on their desire to return in seasons to come.

I don't even need the money back, it's not about that. It's the silence that breaks my heart. I know as a business they don't really care about their customers, but treating them with such disdain in the current climate may well impact on their desire to return in seasons to come.

The only consolation is we are smashing it on the pitch...

Given that I started the thread, you'll be aware that I have been emailing them about this.

In 'our bubble' we have an over 65, adult, u21 & u18 - it's not possible to select different options for each of us, because we could easily (if it worked) all watch Ifollow under my code and theoretically, the others should get refunds.

That said, I've clung on to the hope that we will get back to seeing football & wanted to keep the ballot option open, because seating a 'family' is probably easier than 1 supporter every 4 seats etc.

Plus, I feel that I'm helping in some small way by not asking for refunds.

As per the email above from the club, it is very much apparent that anyone who selected option 1 have not had the option of being put in a ballot & that's looking increasingly less likely with the prospect of another full lockdown looming.

The club has repeatedly failed to keep supporters informed and I've told them the same numerous times about this, but with many staff still on furlough - they hide behind covid & such matters.

Clearly these are difficult times, but the club has to do better otherwise, the bitter taste of inequality will have lasting reputational damage.

PS - Derby have their own subscription based TV channel, perhaps NFFC need to look at that - rather than the abject offering served up by ifollow.

Given that I started the thread, you'll be aware that I have been emailing them about this.

In 'our bubble' we have an over 65, adult, u21 & u18 - it's not possible to select different options for each of us, because we could easily (if it worked) all watch Ifollow under my code and theoretically, the others should get refunds.

That said, I've clung on to the hope that we will get back to seeing football & wanted to keep the ballot option open, because seating a 'family' is probably easier than 1 supporter every 4 seats etc.

Plus, I feel that I'm helping in some small way by not asking for refunds.

As per the email above from the club, it is very much apparent that anyone who selected option 1 have not had the option of being put in a ballot & that's looking increasingly less likely with the prospect of another full lockdown looming.

The club has repeatedly failed to keep supporters informed and I've told them the same numerous times about this, but with many staff still on furlough - they hide behind covid & such matters.

Clearly these are difficult times, but the club has to do better otherwise, the bitter taste of inequality will have lasting reputational damage.

The clubs statement on the ballots was ridiculous. They stated that if you weren't lucky in the first ballot, you would almost certainly get to the second game. Assuming 20,000 season tickets that implies at least 10k fans per game. Even before the rise in cv again, weren't most trials 1,000 fans here ? Think I remember 5,000 fans in some cases , though I think that was abroad ? Either way there is virtually no chance many fans will be allowed in at matches, especially now. Basically we are paying to watch ifollow. Wouldn't want to go at the moment even if I got the chance.