Season card holders | Vital Football

Season card holders

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
So... What do we actually get?

I have just looked at Mao's thread again, and it seems we *might* get the ability to see home games on follow, but not away games. For a start, that is absolutely fucking shit and not even remotely what we paid for or value for my £400.

I have just been on the website; nothing.

I have been through my emails; last one was June; nothing

I've even done a Google search; nothing.

This is insane. It feels like the club has taken our money and just hoped we would forget about it. I cannot find any information about what the club will actually provide for us. Has anyone had an email that I haven't had, or can point me to something actually from the club?

Because we can't be very far from our first home game at all.

I haven't renewed because I thought to myself with lockdowns, how will it represent value for money? I am not adverse to supporting the club financially, hell I have spunked thousands of pounds watching the shower of shit and even gifted the money I was owed back to to the club. When I was faced with paying out for what would more than likely be ifollow, I decided to keep it in the old back pocket.

I really feel for everyone who has forked out, particularly those that have to save each year to buy the cards. I thought the club were pretty shoddy throughout the lockdown in respect of communication and it seems its got no better.

I haven't renewed because I thought to myself with lockdowns, how will it represent value for money? I am not adverse to supporting the club financially, hell I have spunked thousands of pounds watching the shower of shit and even gifted the money I was owed back to to the club. When I was faced with paying out for what would more than likely be ifollow, I decided to keep it in the old back pocket.

I really feel for everyone who has forked out, particularly those that have to save each year to buy the cards. I thought the club were pretty shoddy throughout the lockdown in respect of communication and it seems its got no better.

I renewed 4 this season; It's a good job I furloughed the gardener back in May.

The last I read on this subject stated that the Club have been in discussions with the Supporters Club Trust on how to proceed; that was well over a week ago and there has been nothing since.

I asked a guy from the Trust why there had been no communications since the lock down; that was over a Month ago; he said the Club have been, and still are, awaiting guidance from the EFL on a number of issues which will dictate how the Club responds in full.

Does anyone know if all other Clubs are in the same boat?

I know of a couple of Clubs who are and have been just as silent.

There was also the fact that the people responsible for the day to day communications had been on furlough, which I thought was a dog ate my homework excuse.

The QPR game is up on Ifollow but it does not state if we have to pay or not.

The last I read on this subject stated that the Club have been in discussions with the Supporters Club Trust on how to proceed; that was well over a week ago and there has been nothing since.

I asked a guy from the Trust why there had been no communications since the lock down; that was over a Month ago; he said the Club have been, and still are, awaiting guidance from the EFL on a number of issues which will dictate how the Club responds in full.

Does anyone know if all other Clubs are in the same boat?

I know of a couple of Clubs who are and have been just as silent.

There was also the fact that the people responsible for the day to day communications had been on furlough, which I thought was a dog ate my homework excuse.

The QPR game is up on Ifollow but it does not state if we have to pay or not.

Almost any communication is better than none though. Even an email saying something to the effect of "we apologise for not being able to give you the precise details due to the changing situation, but we are looking into ............". Whatever happens there is virtually no chance of there being much of a crowd there. With Universities etc going back, it seems ludicrous to pack 5,000 people into a football ground, never mind 30 , 40 or 50 thousand . Personally I can't say that I would want to go. I would be happy to watch ALL home and away games on ifollow for the same money. Guess my son could then get his money back and come round here, which could probably halve the clubs income,

Right, as I suspected, the EFL are the ones who have been incredibly slow in providing guidance to the Clubs.

This current EFL rules state that:

Clubs are only allowed to stream up to 7 midweek away games through their own ifollow service, which is offered to season ticket holders who wish to forgo a refund for any games missed.

If a weekend fixture is moved to a midweek date or played on a Friday, it cannot be included in the mid week package.

Outside of the 7 away games, Clubs cannot stream away games to season ticket holders free of charge; this is not a decision the Clubs can take it is an EFL directive.

Clubs have been canvassing the EFL for a relaxation of the guidelines, so far without success.

If that has not pissed you off, the next bit will almost certainly do so; the EFL are advising Clubs not to offer any refund unless at least 25% of the Season is played behind closed doors - this alludes to refunds for people who do not avail of the ifollow deal - I may well be wrong but I would say that that drives a coach and horses through your statutory rights.

No mentioned of games being played with reduced capacities.

If you think that is bad, as of yesterday, the PL had offered Clubs no guidance.

It just goes to show exactly what the ruling bodies think of the paying supporter.

Posted on another thread

I emailed the ticket office to see if I could get some info about what is going to happen this season as a SC holder and what options might be available - I-Follow, refunds etc. I wondered how they might be making up the shortfall between paying £16 for a home game vs watching on I-Follow for ten quid. This came back on Sunday;

"Now we have received confirmation of the fixtures the club is liaising with the EFL, government and the FA in regards to what capacity we will be allowed to have for home fixtures for the 2020-21 season.

At the moment, the capacity figure has still not been confirmed but as soon as we do receive that confirmation, we will announce the options that our season card holders will have for the 2020-21 season. We have different options based on the various scenarios that could occur when the capacity requirement is confirmed so we cannot reveal the options just yet.

We will communicate via our usual channels and until we publicise this information, I would advise you to keep an eye on our website for further details"

Last edited:
I believe we have 2 midweek away ganes before the end of November so that is hardly going to make up the shortfall.

The season starts in 4 days FFS.

Right, as I suspected, the EFL are the ones who have been incredibly slow in providing guidance to the Clubs.

This current EFL rules state that:

Clubs are only allowed to stream up to 7 midweek away games through their own ifollow service, which is offered to season ticket holders who wish to forgo a refund for any games missed.

If a weekend fixture is moved to a midweek date or played on a Friday, it cannot be included in the mid week package.

Outside of the 7 away games, Clubs cannot stream away games to season ticket holders free of charge; this is not a decision the Clubs can take it is an EFL directive.

Clubs have been canvassing the EFL for a relaxation of the guidelines, so far without success.

If that has not pissed you off, the next bit will almost certainly do so; the EFL are advising Clubs not to offer any refund unless at least 25% of the Season is played behind closed doors - this alludes to refunds for people who do not avail of the ifollow deal - I may well be wrong but I would say that that drives a coach and horses through your statutory rights.

No mentioned of games being played with reduced capacities.

If you think that is bad, as of yesterday, the PL had offered Clubs no guidance.

It just goes to show exactly what the ruling bodies think of the paying supporter.

Maybe the EFL should realise that clubs could operate on 50% income say, by selling ifollow to all fans, or zero income by giving season ticket holders the brush off. There is no way that more than 20% of fans will get to watch any game. As winter comes the COVID situation is likely to get worse for various reasons. Only a reliable vaccination or virtually zero covid cases should enable a massive crowd even to be considered.

Ifollow actually gives more fans the chance to watch games . People like myself who don't want to waste a whole day travelling to an away game , and many of the fans who don't live within a decent travelling time from the CG.

Playing games as the Premier League seem to be doing, where no one can watch is ridiculous.

At this point I'm viewing my SC in the same way I am theatre tickets and just mentally writing it off and seeing it as a donation to something I love.

The communication has been piss poor though.

At this point I'm viewing my SC in the same way I am theatre tickets and just mentally writing it off and seeing it as a donation to something I love.

The communication has been piss poor though.

I'm taking the same view; not everyone will be in such a position though.

A season Card will represent a sizeable part of some peoples disposable income and they cannot afford to write the amount off, and they should not be expected to either.

Communication could have been much better but how do you effectively go about saying nothing?

If they come out and tell the truth, that they cannot give any definitive information until they hear back from the EFL, who in turn are waiting to hear back from Government and the FA, they will run the risk of pissing off the powers that be.

There are so many options on the table that it would have been totally confusing to list them all.

I am struggling to think of a course of action they could have taken which would not have come in for criticism

I'm taking the same view; not everyone will be in such a position though.

A season Card will represent a sizeable part of some peoples disposable income and they cannot afford to write the amount off, and they should not be expected to either.

Communication could have been much better but how do you effectively go about saying nothing?

If they come out and tell the truth, that they cannot give any definitive information until they hear back from the EFL, who in turn are waiting to hear back from Government and the FA, they will run the risk of pissing off the powers that be.

There are so many options on the table that it would have been totally confusing to list them all.

I am struggling to think of a course of action they could have taken which would not have come in for criticism

A placeholder email would be fine: we understand your concerns blah blah, we are working with the EFL and taking expert advice blah blah, when we have more information blah blah. In the meantime thank you for your support COYR.

Absolute shambles. I asked for a full refund for 2 season cards in main stand (£1,100) and was told that until EFL advise the club then they can’t offer refunds. That’s BS and the last time I buy a SC after many tens of thousands spent following Forest

Just because you have nothing to say doesn't justify saying nothing.

You can always tell people there is nothing to say, so at least they know you aren't just hiding away with their money.

I'm getting a distinct impression of "season card? What season card?" From the club

A placeholder email would be fine: we understand your concerns blah blah, we are working with the EFL and taking expert advice blah blah, when we have more information blah blah. In the meantime thank you for your support COYR.

That would have been fine for me but you can guarantee that it would not have been satisfactory for many

Absolute shambles. I asked for a full refund for 2 season cards in main stand (£1,100) and was told that until EFL advise the club then they can’t offer refunds. That’s BS and the last time I buy a SC after many tens of thousands spent following Forest

They just cannot do that.

How did you pay if you do not mind me asking?

Just because you have nothing to say doesn't justify saying nothing.

You can always tell people there is nothing to say, so at least they know you aren't just hiding away with their money.

I'm getting a distinct impression of "season card? What season card?" From the club

Well that is an understandable position to take; I just find it a bit much when the Supporters end up losing money, the Clubs end up losing money and the EFL treat the situation as a cash cow.

They just cannot do that.

How did you pay if you do not mind me asking?

In fairness, and as you know, I asked for refunds last year and got nowhere. Granted, I never tried to recover through my bank (used used my debit card) or other routes such as trading standards etc (once I had picked up my dummy), but I did ask the club directly and got nothing

In fairness, and as you know, I asked for refunds last year and got nowhere. Granted, I never tried to recover through my bank (used used my debit card) or other routes such as trading standards etc (once I had picked up my dummy), but I did ask the club directly and got nothing

I always buy things like that on my Credit Card; any problems and the Credit Card Company deal with it