Season 2018 / 19 | Vital Football

Season 2018 / 19

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Looking back at my thread at the start of last season I am conscious of a strong feeling of deja vous!
We've just come out of, another season of traumatic events on and off the pitch. Numerous new players have been recruited to bolster a failing squad, hopes of a better season abound amongst the Poolie faithful.
For myself I just want to see a winning side in our home games, one that fights through to the final whistle. Promotion is always the ambition at this time of year, but realistically just avoiding any dalliance with the prospect of relegation would be a vast improvement on seasons past!

What are the impressions of my fellow Poolies ahead of the season kick off?

I contributed to the same thread and similarly I am on holiday for the start of this season also and miss the first five games.

I am making the same predictions as last time ...we should have 12 points on the board by the time I get back, hopefully without the reality of last season I think we had 2 out of a possible 12.

Difference from this season to last is we have fewer weak links, only Donaldson and Anderson for me this term.

Should be a good season...but we need that good start and build a bit of momentum.

Enjoy the start...……..my first will probably be the Chesterfield game.
:red:

Feeling slightly more positive this season because the new signings seem to be of better quality than the lot brought in by Harrison. I also have more faith in Bates as a manager. Not saying we will go up but I am expecting a much better season than the last one.

My hopes and expectations are the same as last year. I EXPECT the team to perform better than last season and not to be anywhere near the drop zone. I HOPE that we will do much better and be involved around the top end of the table for a change. Last season my hopes were dashed and my expectations unfulfilled.

First home game this evening will be highly significant. Last year's loss to Dover was a good indication of what was ahead, I wonder if the Harrogate game will be the same?

2-2 Some promise shown but poor game management. Very early days but not looking like contenders.