Season 19/20 Our Final Position Prediction.s | Page 2 | Vital Football

Season 19/20 Our Final Position Prediction.s

Top 10 hopefully. If we maintain the home form and can play better away then it seems possible.

See how today goes though, come 5pm I may be getting ahead of myself and predicting a 100 point season!

God I’ve missed football! I’m like a kid on Christmas morning. Have a good day out everyone and enjoy what should be an interesting game with the two styles of football we play!

19th. Second seasons are just a tough as first but I think, like last season, there should be a few teams worse than us.

Should be aiming at playoffs, but so will about 15 other teams this season so it’s a lottery really

If Cook has learned his lesson from last season then there's nothing stopping us from a top half finish, if he hasn't then get ready for a repeat of last season.
No excuses this time around, no Championship experience etc, should be a good test today and next week, it may give us a better idea on how Cook is going to set up.

With all the late (welcome) squad turbulence we could be bottom 3 after 10 games.
Then creep our way up to mid table by Christmas and with the traditional Wigan spring burst make a late play off push.
So i will go for 16th ?

Midtable 14th if we start of bad then another struggle but i hope we now have more pace in the team to hurt other teams
Hoping for play offs or just short this time around

Little barnsley had a fluke on saturday fulham must have had a off day for that one
Little barnsley for bottom then reading and preston

Prior to last week I'd predicted us 18th, I'm going to revise that upwards to 13th in light of the new signings.

I'm predicting Birmingham (managed by Pep Clotet, who has never recovered from us smashing his Oxford side for 7), Blackburn and Preston for the drop. The latter two is based on their transfer business this summer which has been as underwhelming as ours had been. Birmingham and Preston have both lost influential players and thusfar failed to replace them or have an natural heir within their squad. Preston are light up front, Stockley hasn't fired yet and Maguire doesn't suit what Neil wants him to do. Rovers I think have a lot of reasonable players but have become somewhat one-dimensional with everything going through Dack but clubs are getting wise to him and are starting to take him out of games. Their defence looks very suspect and Mulgrew in particular looked like he was getting further and further behind towards the end of last season. Luton, Barnsley, Millwall, Reading and Charlton I'm all expecting to be in and around the drop but I can see each having enough to keep them up.

Leeds and West Brom for promotion, with Fulham eventually getting their act in gear and sneaking into promotions through the play-offs. I reckon Huddersfield and Cardiff will take too long to get going so will miss out on the automatic spots but should be in and around the play-offs.

Personally i think it's very difficult to predict as the window is still open and who comes and goes for all the clubs could drastically transform teams chances. It's also tricky to predict as there are so many new managers in place anything could happen.

As it stands i'm thinking something like 15th - but it could go either way.

My heart says playoffs. Even my heart knows there are some very big clubs with squads that are every bit Premier League standard in this division, and at least a couple of them will live up to expectations. If we play like we did against Cardiff though, and we can keep most of our key players fit for the majority of the season, then why not? We've got quality in the team, and Cook seems to have a knack for getting the best out of players, so with a full year under his belt managing in this division, playoffs is achievable.

My head though... That says 12th. We've got as good a squad as at least half the division, but it's a work in progress. Players need time to gel, but 12th is patently doable with the squad we have so long as we don't get absolutely decimated by injuries.

I think that if we go into the season positive, it rubs off on the players, so why not dare to dream? Costs nothing to be positive and from the display on Saturday and gradually introducing some very talented youngsters who will improve quality further as the season progresses, we're good enough to be up there with a wee bit of luck... Lord knows we're due some good luck after the injury situation in the mid season last year.