Season 13/14 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Season 13/14

Lennon rubbished the agent's claims anyway. Said we have known about his availability for the past couple of windows and not made a move so why would we now?

Strange few days, first it was Lennon saying he wants to bring in 4 or 5 new players this summer then next it was that we don't have much money to splash out on players and now it's that we have plenty of money to stay on top if Rangers get back into the SPFL and throw money at things to get back up to a level of challenging us.....

So have we got money to buy players or not?

Lennon said he doesn't see rangers spending a ton of cash again. That got them into administration before. He said Celtic will continue to bring in talent, but the strategy will remain. Buy young and sell them if they work out.

Interestingly, Brown said Mogga told him he had no future at Celtic. What a tit Mogga is.

Celtic's strategy is clearly working but can't go on forever. The only option to really continue the buy young and sell on strategy is if we start to buy them at 16, 17 or 18 years old and bring them through the youth system! We won't be able to keep finding undiscovered talent that is affordable and can step up to the level required at Celtic.

We have to start getting more success from the youth system. Henderson looks a good player but all too often we have good players break into the team and then get injured or sent out on loan and disappear! We MUST improve our rate of youth players into the first team.

Marcus Fraser, Liam Henderson, Filip Twardzik, Patrik Twardzik, Dylan McGeouch, Joe Chalmers, O'Connell, Stuart Findlay, Callum McGregor, Lewis Toshney, John Herron, Paul George, Bahrudin Atajic, Jackson Irvine - all of these young players have either been on the bench or made an appearance or out on loan and considered top prospects, but how many are actually going to make it? I may have even missed a few. All of these players are on the books at Celtic and are just some of the more senior players expected to make the step up, there are even more younger players of which big things are expected!

Apparently we are considering a move for Arsenal's Lukasz Fabianski....pretty decent GK but always been in the shadow of the Arsenal No.1. He won't come unless he's to be No.1 but if Forster goes, he wouldn't be a bad replacement.

Griffiths has been cited for singing a song about Hearts going bust while in a pub with Hibs fans on Sunday after a video of it was put online.
This is exactly the sort of thing that worried most Celtic fans about bringing him to the club. It would of course be worse if it were Rangers rather than Hearts but as a professional footballer.....he has to be above things like this!

What is the problem with singing about bankruptcy? He wasn't singing IRA songs. Would he be fined for reading an article in the newspaper about hearts financil woes aloud? How stupid.

Kayal says he is off and doesn't like Scottish football. He blamed McCullough and his injuries for loss of form after this first season. There probably is something to it. That dirty hun got away with a bad challenge and Kayal was never the same after. I'm not a huge Kayal fan. He spent more time snapping at teammates than playing, but he was decent and probably could have been much more.

Raith 1 - 0 huns. :emoticon:03 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59

Well done the Rovers! :emoticon:14

welch47 - 9/4/2014 15:08

Raith 1 - 0 huns. :emoticon:03 :emoticon:19 :emoticon:59 :emoticon:59

Well done the Rovers! :emoticon:14

Haha! Kind of forgot to mention that! :emoticon:19

What a cracking result for Rovers! Certainly shows that Rangers will NOT have things all their own way in the league next season! They are still not a top 6 SPFL team despite the money spent on players!

In other news, we were linked with an Argentinian goalkeeper last week as a replacement for Forster. Not impressed by his stats, not that many clean sheets and a substantial number of goals conceded.

Scottish Cup games were on and it'snow the split. Last 5 games to play!

Leicester City want Kris Commons for next season when they will be in the EPL. Commons is to sign a 1 year extension but could be tempted by one last hurrah in England before he hangs up his boots. I think we will want him to stay but will understand if he wants to go, as long as we get a fair price from Leicester.

The deal will probably be that he will go for a season or two and then he'll end up back at Celtic as a player/coach. Lennon has already said he'd want Kris to become a coach at the club once his playing days are over.

We have a number of young players to take over from Commons if he does leave. Tom Rogic, Callum McGregor and others from the youth team plus Derk Boerrigter I'm sure would enjoy that place in the team (provided he stays fit).

If we pay Commons enough, he will stay. He likes being in Scotland and playing for Celtic. I think he would only go to a lameass outfit like Leicester City if he wanted a big paycheck to retire on, but I bet we can pay him what he needs.

Moyes sacked by Man Utd......nobody has linked Lennon with the job yet, what's that all about? Haha!

If Lennon did go somewhere this summer, Moyes could be the next Celtic manager.......

Mjallby is off at the end of the season...........wants to try something different. He's spoken before about how he would love to be a manager himself and coach the national squad one day. Just wasn't expecting it to be now!

The search is now on for his replacement.....John Kennedy could be promoted I suppose, otherwise I don't know who else we would get.

Been thinking more about who Lennon will get to replace Mjallby. He may ask Danny McGrain to step up and then bring one of the other coaches from the youth setup to take over the main coaching of the first team. Probably John Kennedy.

He may just ask Kennedy to step up.

Other options I've thought of include Chris Sutton; he's been out of management for a while and even though he probably wants to be a manager in his own right once again, he could use some time with Lennon as his assistant to gain plenty of experience to help his own managerial career.
Morten Weighorst - unemployed since he had to leave Swansea after Brian Laudrup left. Ex-Celtic man and did play with Lennon for a while. Could be a good option. He's quite highly rated!
Lubo Moravcik - well, why not? He's done a bit of management but spends most of his time now as a scout or an agent I think.

How about Roy Keane! Actually, at this point in his career Robbie Keane may trade in his boots for a management gig. :emoticon:14 :emoticon:15

Haha! Nice thinking welch but I doubt either of them will be coming.

If we are looking at bringing in a midfielder in the summer, we should buy Stuart Armstrong from Dundee United. Been keeping an eye on him for a few seasons now. He's been captain of Scotland U21s for a few years now which is why I first started looking at him, thought he can't be bad if he's getting the captaincy.
Watched the highlights of the SPFL games last night and Dundee United absolutely blitzed Motherwell. Some REALLY good goals, 2 of which were set up by and 1 scored by Armstrong!
What I like is that he's one of these all round midfield players. He's got strength, he's pretty quick, he's got a good eye for a pass, he's got a bit of skill and is good technically. He's comfortable on either wing as well as behind the striker but could also play CM as well.
He's going to be a top player and if we don't buy him now (for a fair price) then we are shooting ourselves in the foot by giving a club in England the chance to snap him up and waste him! He's like the new Scott Brown.

Marc Janko - 30 year old Austrian striker and captain of the national side has been linked with a move to us again as he is available on a free transfer!

He said in January how he wished he'd joined us 4 years ago and would take a wage cut to join the right club, which he feels Celtic would have been. Since turning down the move to Celtic 4 years ago (because he promised his then current club that he would stay 1 more year) things have not gone quite as well as he would have hoped. He has still scored something like 104 goals in 199 league games for the clubs he has played for.

Could be a good addition to the squad, a bit of maturity, experience and another leader for the pitch. Perhaps he could even help our younger strikers too.

welch47 - 3/5/2014 18:30

I don't know, Bhoys. A goal every other game and 30 years old? I'd rather play Pukki.

I'd rather we punted Pukki and sick-note, although who in their right mind would want sick-note!? (apart from John Park ... no sniggering!)

Latest Celtic News