Sean Raggett | Vital Football

Sean Raggett

impsimps

Vital Football Hero
In todays Eastern Daily Press they are questioning Seans future at Norwich. Signed as 'one for the future' , even when Klose and Zimmerman were injured , Farke changed the system rather than introducing Raggett. The 'jury is still out' on his future according to the local journalist.
Just hope when Norwich have no chance of the playoffs, which is now really, he gets a few starts to give him a chance to show what he can do. Watch with interest.

Players need game time. Look at Alan Power's slow start in the SPL. Now a fans favorite at Kili.

What this proves to me is just how greedy agents are. His agent at the start of the season was desperate to get him a move and even advised him not to play for city prior to his transfer. Sean had not played one game in the football league . He should have been advised to sign another year for city with the option to leave at the end of this season. This season has been a complete waste since Christmas

He should have listened to Danny instead of his greedy agent

If I was a professional footballer - I'd want to play football on a weekly basis...

NottyImp - 29/3/2018 13:42

Out on Loan next season to a L1 club seems likely. Could be us!

football manager 2018 reckon he's on 4k a week at Norwich. would we pay him that on loan? Possibly.
Although they say he's one for the future, he's not a young kid, he's actually just getting into his prime. he needs to be playing regularly now.

Norwich play a 3 at the back don't they? Sean's never played in one and has had precisely 2 seasons as a full time pro under his belt regardless of his age.

Given they loaned him back to us he hasn't had any pre-season at Norwich at all, and that's the time I think a manager would want to utilise to adapt a young player into a new system. I don't think it's a case of not wanting to play him just that they don't feel he has the preparation to play in a 3 and if they are switching to a 2 because of injuries they don't have room for him in the squad.

Steady Notty :pointy: Are you getting carried away? Would be a nice scenario though !

Imprest 1 - 29/3/2018 15:46

Steady Notty :pointy: Are you getting carried away? Would be a nice scenario though !
We are in league 2. Unless it's changed, 12th doesn't get you a play off birth! :pointy:

I recently went to Barnsley versus Norwich and hope to see him make an appearance, but even with their injury woes at the time (apparently illness through the team) he still couldn't get off the bench. I'm extremely surprised they didn't manage to loan him out to a League 1 team. He's a very good defender and I'm still confident he'll make it in the championship.

Imagine having a defence of Sean and Wharton.

plumbob - 29/3/2018 17:15

We are in league 2. Unless it's changed, 12th doesn't get you a play off birth! :pointy:

I'd be worried of any finish got you a birth! Especially as I don't have a womb. :pointy:

Trust me Croozey football manager is Wrong ! Its less his wages !
If were paying bossie n freck good money i would suggest he may even sign for us in the summer!

NottyImp - 29/3/2018 18:07

I'd be worried of any finish got you a birth! Especially as I don't have a womb. :pointy:
Oops, my bad, spelling mistake!
Sorry Notty, didn't mean to get sexual with you. You are much more than 30% away from being my type!

plumbob - 29/3/2018 18:50

NottyImp - 29/3/2018 18:07

Oops, my bad, spelling mistake!
Sorry Notty, didn't mean to get sexual with you. You are much more than 30% away from being my type!

31%! How many times... :boom:

Is he really on £4k or less ?
If so we surely could have matched that !! And should have done (and maybe we did)

But it is agents who cause all the problems. Their only interest is getting their client players to transfer as frequently as possible. They couldn't care less if it helps the players' careers (and in fact probably relish bad moves as that makes another transfer more likely).
Football should BAN them completely and let the legal side of contracts be handled by PFA lawyers. Players and clubs would both be better off once these leeches are removed from the equation. And players would make the best footballing decisions when thinking of moving.