Sean Dyche | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sean Dyche

well it did in this case :)

i see howe quit? argh, knew it, we should be all over him

well it did in this case :)

i see howe quit? argh, knew it, we should be all over him
Plenty of capable managers have been sacked because of a board’s impatience and/or incompetence. Dyche could easily have gone the same way but the Burnley board were sensible and have been rewarded.

Plenty of capable managers have been sacked because of a board’s impatience and/or incompetence. Dyche could easily have gone the same way but the Burnley board were sensible and have been rewarded.
watford n villa a good example recently too :)

Not championship, but worth pointing out the four nominees for Premier League manager of the season

Jurgen Klopp
Frank Lampard
Brendan Rogers
Chris Wilder

Frank Lampard????

No Sean Dyche?
Much as I can’t stand the scouse scum I could accept Klopp and Chris Wilder has done well.

Lampard took a top 4 squad and got top 4 while Rogers took a top 6 squad and got top 6 so it was hardly genius level management.

Whether you like Dyche’s brand of football or not he has pretty much carried that club again.

Much as I can’t stand the scouse scum I could accept Klopp and Chris Wilder has done well.

Lampard took a top 4 squad and got top 4 while Rogers took a top 6 squad and got top 6 so it was hardly genius level management.

Whether you like Dyche’s brand of football or not he has pretty much carried that club again.
Was listening to one of the 5 live debates about this and the pundits made some good points. They are arguing that Dyche has played how he has to in order to keep a club like Burnley in the PL.
And he has done it for so long now that he is typecast as a defensive, "agricultural" manager when that isn't necessarily his preference at all.

Apparently there have hardly been any enquiries ever to Burnley about taking Dyche as manager

Was listening to one of the 5 live debates about this and the pundits made some good points. They are arguing that Dyche has played how he has to in order to keep a club like Burnley in the PL.
And he has done it for so long now that he is typecast as a defensive, "agricultural" manager when that isn't necessarily his preference at all.

Apparently there have hardly been any enquiries ever to Burnley about taking Dyche as manager
That wouldn’t surprise me to be honest and it’s a real shame.

He did an interview about possession football a few years ago where he talked about not being particularly interested in possession unless he could see something productive being done with it.

He was more interested in teaching his players how to break the opponents lines.

Having watched them play they are actually better than their reputation suggests and players like McNeil and Rodrigues just couldn’t function if they were that agricultural. The difference is that they know when to be pragmatic and how to hit teams on the counter.

Not that it would ever happen but I would be absolutely delighted if he ever became our manager.

Chris Wilder for Manager of the Season for me.

I bet the vast majority of us would have predicted this time last year for them as certainties to go down.

Chris Wilder for Manager of the Season for me.

I bet the vast majority of us would have predicted this time last year for them as certainties to go down.
I wouldn’t disagree and I certainly predicted them to go down.

Next season will be the big one for them though now they are not such a surprise.