Sean Connery Dies | Vital Football

Sean Connery Dies

Think I'll stick on my copy of The Man Who Would be King tonight. His best performance in a great film

And a top footballer in his time.
Semi pro forward for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic. Offered a contract by Matt Busby at same time as getting the Bond role. Think he picked the right career.

And as passionate a Scotsman as you could find.
And he ran his own Scottish Education Trust helping thousands of disadvantaged people get a better chance in education. He donated his whole pay cheque from Diamonds are Forever to get the fund started.
Top guy.

So, so many top films. When people talk about actors having a real presence on screen he is the one I think of first.

He's on page 3 of the cast list for The Helldrivers (1957). Patrick McGoohan and Alfie Bass were on page 2.

x.jpg

The film is on YouTube

And a top footballer in his time.
Semi pro forward for Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic. Offered a contract by Matt Busby at same time as getting the Bond role. Think he picked the right career.
And as passionate a Scotsman as you could find.
And he ran his own Scottish Education Trust helping thousands of disadvantaged people get a better chance in education. He donated his whole pay cheque from Diamonds are Forever to get the fund started.
Top guy.
I had no idea about any of this. Fair play to Sean!

I had no idea about any of this. Fair play to Sean!

I knew about the football having been to Bonnyrigg Rose about 10 years back. They're now in Lowland League and could well make it into Scottish League in coming seasons.

Only read about his education charity this weekend. Unheralded philanthropy is always the most genuine. As you say, fair play indeed to Sean.