Sean Clare | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sean Clare

What odds on him not being on the bench before Christmas?

When I saw him going to a Scottish club I assumed that was because they would not be required to pay the compensation as they were not governed by football league/fa. Clearly not the case according to the quote in the article. Anyone's guess why on earth he's moved to such a poor, pointless league. I suppose they must be offering good money. Strange choice though considering it looked like he was promised for better things and had potential to play at least at the top of the championship... Even if you didn't believe the rumours about him going to Everton etc.

He has joined a team that just might break the stranglehold on the championship of the big two this season. That would be a big achievement and would attract attention in the wider world especially given the obsession with Gerrard's career.

He has probably been given promises about game time and Edinburgh is a good place to live. I can see why he went for this opportunity having spent so much time on the bench, on loan and in the development squad. I hope he gets a medal this year.

My Wednesday mate at work tells me Clare told the Owls that he had better offers on the table and wanted to move down south. He then promptly signed for the Sweaties in the pub league in the far north ffs.

He has joined a team that just might break the stranglehold on the championship of the big two this season. That would be a big achievement and would attract attention in the wider world especially given the obsession with Gerrard's career.

He has probably been given promises about game time and Edinburgh is a good place to live. I can see why he went for this opportunity having spent so much time on the bench, on loan and in the development squad. I hope he gets a medal this year.
But Edinburgh is in Scotland and it rains every day there jogills.

(agree I'd love Hearts to win and already can't stand Gerrard after his auto whingeing about refs).

It’s a surprising move, especially after Rooney left Aberdeen for Salford for more money - I’d expect Hearts and Aberdeen to have similar budgets, but maybe he has gone in hope of getting regular football, maybe challenge for Europe or a cup? He’s still young, it’s not a great league technically but it’s aggressive and he’s still young enough to use it as a stepping stone - I hope he does well.

As good as he was for us and the potential he showed, being linked to top English Premier League clubs was probably a bit flattering and above his ability in my opinion.