SE talking about budget - again! | Page 9 | Vital Football

SE talking about budget - again!

I don't think it is fair to be critical of O'Connor he has been asked like Alfie Jones to play a more attacking role than the one he would normally play for the team.All Evans signings have not been poor there has been a bit of a mixed bag to be fair.O'Keefe and Bonham perhaps getting the best results. Mandron for me has done well when he has played .Marshall has been a mixed bag and seemed to improve in recent times. Not sure if the contract had anything to do with that in which case I am glad he only got a short deal. Evans clearly underestimated some of our defensive players Tom O'Connor,Alfie Jones and Hobson intended to freshen things up at the back.Hobson has been unlucky on coming up against Fuller. Perhaps if Alfie had been needed in defence Cisse might have been still with us.

Last edited:
The 'lowest budget' may be a ploy , but it seems counter productive as why would a good player wish to join a low-wage club. Also, he may be trying to lure an offer for one of his low earners (Tucker, Ogilvie, Hanlon) but surely an interested club would make a low offer as they would think the player would be keen to leave for a club paying better wages.
At least he seems to have seen the light that Cisse, Marshall, Mandron and Njoli were poor signings in the summer, and maybe O'Connor (who's been anonymous) injury should make room for Jak to play regularly.

Mandron poor and O’Connor anonymous?
Anyone else on here hold that view?

Mandron poor and O’Connor anonymous?
Anyone else on here hold that view?

as a left midfielder O’Connor has been fairly anonymous in an attacking sense but has done very well defensively. I suspect he’s following instructions very well and that Evans is delighted with him. With Akinde signing perhaps we’ll have more slightly more emphasis on attacking going forward (no pun intended). O’Connor’s injury would seem a good opportunity for Pringle to come in.

as a left midfielder O’Connor has been fairly anonymous in an attacking sense but has done very well defensively. I suspect he’s following instructions very well and that Evans is delighted with him. With Akinde signing perhaps we’ll have more slightly more emphasis on attacking going forward (no pun intended). O’Connor’s injury would seem a good opportunity for Pringle to come in.

Agree with that. We are set up to be very hard to beat and o'connor plays a part in that. Hopefully we might be a bit more adventurous now that willock is fit and we have a feal goal scorer.

Mandron is not a 15 goal a season striker so hard to judge his role really. He adds a prscence but we need strikers to score. I suspect mandrons opportunities to be very limited now as I presume akinde and Hanlon will be the strikers

I suspect that competition might be the order of the day IE Roberts fighting both Olly Lee and and the other forwards .Akinde or Mandron or hour and half hours. Jakubiak or Hanlon or again split .There are no real options in the event of injury or suspension from now on.I expect Evans to change it more than he has .If we are going to try to make the top six weeks need to win games like today.That might mean all five getting a chance at some point in today's game.The starting line up and bench might be interesting.

Our set up is too defensive and in the last few matches, particularly with set pieces, Lee has been underwhelming. Having Mandron as a hold up player is too much of a luxury. I'd play Akinde with Jakubiak up front and let Hanlan roam wide, where he seems most effective. But what do I know?

I think we are going well, whatever the budget is.
again this week Jordan Roberts made EFL team of the week, while D3D4 lust league 1 only Jordan Roberts , Connor, and Lee made league 1 TOW.
ALSO worth a mention is when we picked up all those wins and FA Cup wins in November/ December, Mandron was playing