SE talking about budget - again! | Page 5 | Vital Football

SE talking about budget - again!

SE on Radio Kent this morning said that it was HIS decision to to not follow up on a striker that PDPS had OK'd as that players wages would have brought him too close to the squad wage budget.
Pleasing to hear as it helps flatten these constant manager v chairman rumours. Both know what is required and both want to maximise the potential from the funds available.

SE on Radio Kent this morning said that it was HIS decision to to not follow up on a striker that PDPS had OK'd as that players wages would have brought him too close to the squad wage budget.
Pleasing to hear as it helps flatten these constant manager v chairman rumours. Both know what is required and both want to maximise the potential from the funds available.
I hope this is a genuine story and not designed to send a false message to the fans.

If true i believe the player is Akinde at Lincoln. God knows what his weekly wage is - 3k?

Let`s hope that he doesn`t regret making the decision not to get "that" (media speculates that it was Akinde) striker in ! Come the end of this season I suppose we should know whether it was the right decision. We`ve delayed for too long IMO. The need for improvement up front is surely the priority ?

Have never understood this worry about upsetting the wage structure by bringing in a higher paid player. If the player, recognised as quality by the squad, is signed to help gain more wins (and win bonuses) and possible play offs/promotion then surely it is in the squad's interests to embrace that. Do Barca players worry about Messi being paid a shed load more if he is instrumental in helping the team win things?

Have never understood this worry about upsetting the wage structure by bringing in a higher paid player. If the player, recognised as quality by the squad, is signed to help gain more wins (and win bonuses) and possible play offs/promotion then surely it is in the squad's interests to embrace that. Do Barca players worry about Messi being paid a shed load more if he is instrumental in helping the team win things?

We've been here before (with JET) and what a disaster that was.

There’s a slightly naive suggestion in there that if we sign a proven goal scorer, they will automatically score goals. Doyle scoring for fun at Swindon gets recalled by Bradford. Bradford have now drawn one and lost one since his return and he has yet to score. Marquis has scored a handful since his £1 million move from Doncaster to Portsmouth. It’s those circumstances that might cause resentment if those players are being paid loads more than their teammates.

Agree with the last couple of posters.

I don’t think any players would mind another player coming in on more money if he was demonstrably of a higher caliber. Say if we signed an ex-championship or Prem player, or maybe a L1 striker who’d scored a heap of goals (eg a Marquis, Toney, or Eaves).

But I don’t think Jon Akinde is in that category (although he might be a decent player). I think if a player of that ilk came in on a lot more than the rest, then there would be a little resentment if he didn’t then play extremely well and win games for us.

I think in my personal view , although the chairman had said go ahead sign him is there would be no more money available if he needed some in next couple of weeks, the chairman probably thought spend it all on one player, because if it’s spread over say 4 players that’s another 3 lots of insurance, and all the extras involved in employment, work placed pension etc.

I think in my personal view , although the chairman had said go ahead sign him is there would be no more money available if he needed some in next couple of weeks, the chairman probably thought spend it all on one player, because if it’s spread over say 4 players that’s another 3 lots of insurance, and all the extras involved in employment, work placed pension etc.

Are players PAYE or self employed?

Scally said many years ago the club does not insure the club against a players wages if they are injured. I found that a strange thing not do insure.

So given that it was Evans who had veto on the player and the quote in the article:

"The chairman has been absolutely fantastic. I think he was frustrated at not being able to give me one of the players that I wanted.”

...can we now put to bed the negative unsubstantiated claims on here that Evans is unhappy with the backing hes receiving, mentioning the budget to put pressure on Scally etc?

Probably not, some seem to want to paint the picture that they are at odds on transfer policy, but looks to me like they are working together well.

He also said when Martin Allen was manager he had saved 50k on injury related insurance ,
,definitely used to be employed, could have changed but doubt it, when clubs go skint its normally the HMRC they owe where they haven’t played players tax.

So given that it was Evans who had veto on the player and the quote in the article:

"The chairman has been absolutely fantastic. I think he was frustrated at not being able to give me one of the players that I wanted.”

...can we now put to bed the negative unsubstantiated claims on here that Evans is unhappy with the backing hes receiving, mentioning the budget to put pressure on Scally etc?

Probably not, some seem to want to paint the picture that they are at odds on transfer policy, but looks to me like they are working together well.
I’m a great believer in our club, I think Evans/Rayner/Scally are in this together (see what I done there)

My sentiments entirely!!We all know who the Scally knockers are perhaps now we can move on.

Are players PAYE or self employed?

Scally said many years ago the club does not insure the club against a players wages if they are injured. I found that a strange thing not do insure.
Some premiership player are self employed, they normally open a ltd company and invoice then pay own tax