Scunthorpe Utd FC | Page 3 | Vital Football

Scunthorpe Utd FC

Here you go!

I think prior to The Cowleys arrival that was the most mental it had ever been in an away end when Simon Yeo broke free and scored the winner to send us to the final.

Memories re-watching that. I wonder if we can have the chant to the great escape back before the end of the season.. especially with the 75th anniversary coming up.

Here you go!

I think prior to The Cowleys arrival that was the most mental it had ever been in an away end when Simon Yeo broke free and scored the winner to send us to the final.

What great memories (the first leg more so)! I remember as an 11 year old being so nervous the whole game! The home leg was an absolute belter, still one of my top 10 games of all time (it used to be a close number 1 before the Cowleys!).

Also, how was that tackle just after 2 mins not a red? mental.

Last edited:
That play-off semi still feels like yesterday, amazing to think most of the 617 fanbase wasn’t even born then?

Scunny have had some great seasons since, so we are well overdue being back above them ... natural order resumed you could say?

Is that the year we played Bournemouth in the final?

I watched that final in the Duke of Wellington and there was a gobby girl (about 16) in there cheering Bournemouth's goals. Said she was from Scunthorpe. I think it was the 4th when a massive chap at the bar (not naming anyone) picked her up, walked to the door and chucked her out.