Scunthorpe losing it ?? | Vital Football

Scunthorpe losing it ??

Hampshiregills

Vital Youth Team
With 3 draws and 4 defeats in their last 7 league games, I'm beginning are going to emulate us from last season .................................. ie. running totally out of steam come the last 15 or so games, and not even making the play offs after being in an automatic promotion spot for most of the time.
Next Saturday will be very interesting.

They have a good record against use of late a tough game .I am sure they will see it as a winnable game .I see it as a likely game to produce goals.

Will go one of two ways. Either we'll take advantage of their lowered confidence and get a result - or (as I fear), we'll roll over and kick start their return to form.

I`m confident that we`ll beat Scunthorpe. They are headed south in more ways than one and we`ll be playing them again next season.

Hopefully, the team has changed enough since the 5-0 that we wont have an inferiority complex.

I just hope nobody follows Doug Loft's example of a couple of years ago and leaves us with ten men for three quarters of a game. :23:

EagerExile - 5/3/2017 13:31

Will go one of two ways. Either we'll take advantage of their lowered confidence and get a result - or (as I fear), we'll roll over and kick start their return to form.

Are you a politician? So we'll either get a result (win or draw) or we'll lose. You're hedging your bets a bit LOL. Although to be fair, that's the attitude I have before just about every game when we're having a season like this one. I'm actually going on Saturday (first game this season) and have only been to about three games a season for the last five years or so. I will add that in that time I've only seen us lose once :62:

As mentioned above- let's see how they perform away at a Charlton side in freefall tomorow night (they have lost their last four or five games on the bounce and are only above us on goal difference).

If Scunthorpe win (as expected), they *may* come into saturday with a false sense of confidence. If they lose, they may have a point to prove and come roaring out of the blocks against us.

Hopefully Scunthorpe dropping the game last night in the final minutes on a penalty means they've developed the downward spiral syndrome that took us out of contention last year.

I don't mind if they find their form again as long as it's after we've basted them on Saturday.

Looking at the fixtures, the teams below appear to be playing each other, so a Gills win could be the crux to remaining in this division next season.

But who is the best team to play when you haven't won for ages and are in a desperate state?

actually, according to the form table...your answer would currently be...Scunthorpe!
3 points from the last 8, 8 games without a win is last in the league.

So they need a pick-me-up win. Wonder if the team they're next playing have a habit of being that sort of team?

:19:

Detritus - 8/3/2017 08:46

So they need a pick-me-up win. Wonder if the team they're next playing have a habit of being that sort of team?

:19:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to see the glass half full. You're right. We're doomed. :5:

BlueOyster - 8/3/2017 09:30

Sorry mate, didn't mean to see the glass half full. You're right. We're doomed. :5:
That's the spirit. That way you can't be disappointed but might be pleasantly surprised

:51:

Cheers Det!
I approach every game with caution this season as there's no consistency outside of too many fucking 1-1 draws.

I'm also glad you realised the middle fingers were presented to you out of brotherly love from one Gills supporter to another.

:7:

Travel could be a factor, down for the Charlton match back up again last night or today then back down on Friday. Unless they elected to stay in Kent.