Scully to Blackpool? | Vital Football

Scully to Blackpool?

I reckon maybe a bit of 2 plus 2 = 5 (wouldn't surprise me to see a Poole link too) but might be wrong

MA will know exactly what the release terms are so if there is anything in this it is up to Scully

we'll have to see what House and Kendall are like, Ben did ok for me last season, big strong lad AMF or up front, and maybe some of the players MA was'nt useing can add a few surprises, and the new signings seem to look good, hope so and that MK gets a good start for a career in management, from what I've read he deserves it. COME ON BOYS.

we'll have to see what House and Kendall are like, Ben did ok for me last season, big strong lad AMF or up front, and maybe some of the players MA was'nt useing can add a few surprises, and the new signings seem to look good, hope so and that MK gets a good start for a career in management, from what I've read he deserves it. COME ON BOYS.

What is House's injury situation? I thought the broken collarbone/dislocated shoulder from Accrington might mean he wasn't back up to full speed quickly.

Be a shame to see him go but to me it just underlines how tough it is for a club of our size to survive at this level - uncover a hidden gem and we have them for two years, they get sold on and the process starts again. Get the recruitment wrong and we struggle to compete.

Maybe one day we’ll come to realise 17th last year with a transitional squad wasn’t ‘that’ bad.

Be a shame to see him go but to me it just underlines how tough it is for a club of our size to survive at this level - uncover a hidden gem and we have them for two years, they get sold on and the process starts again. Get the recruitment wrong and we struggle to compete.

Maybe one day we’ll come to realise 17th last year with a transitional squad wasn’t ‘that’ bad.

you have described football outside the champion's league places in Europe's top league.

I love Scully but controversially perhaps I'm not sure about the jump to that level against better defenders. I thought last season he lost the ball a lot cutting inside as everyone knew he was going to do it. If teams were switched on he was just incessantly running into traffic! He'd have to be quite a specific fit for a team wanting a wide goal scorer with attacking full backs I think. Sometimes when he's not scoring I think he can look quite bad for giving the ball away etc, although that might be my perception and not backed up by the data.

That's not to say he couldn't get better at a few things/develop an extra trick - he's a really good player and great for us.

Not to get into this debate again but I don't think many think 17th for our club and where we have been is terrible, just that we underperformed relative to budget and both the performances and results were terrible at home where most people go. We clearly overperformed the season before but just in isolation last season was not quite as good as it perhaps ought to have been, even if the difference between being like 12th or something and 17th is not really ginormous at the end of the day, and we stayed up.

Scully only under contract for one more year so unless he signs an extension he can start to talk to clubs soon and move for free this time next year? Don’t want him to leave but it all depends on the kind of figure we could get for him.

I love Scully but controversially perhaps I'm not sure about the jump to that level against better defenders. I thought last season he lost the ball a lot cutting inside as everyone knew he was going to do it. If teams were switched on he was just incessantly running into traffic! He'd have to be quite a specific fit for a team wanting a wide goal scorer with attacking full backs I think. Sometimes when he's not scoring I think he can look quite bad for giving the ball away etc, although that might be my perception and not backed up by the data.

That's not to say he couldn't get better at a few things/develop an extra trick - he's a really good player and great for us.

Yeah I certainly think there’s some rough edges there (particularly his final ball) and he could do with at least another year with us. But I said that about Edun and Grant!

Also if Scully is out of contract next summer we probably need to cash in now if he’s not interested in signing a new one.