Screen Freezing Up | Vital Football

Screen Freezing Up

I have also noticed that having read a thread and returned to the list, the thread(s) that I have read are still listed in bold.
Fings aint what they used to be!

TBH I much preferred the old site. It's a pity that whoever it was ( I've forgotten the name) caused so much aggro we all moved over here. Wish we could go back, but unless everyone did, it's not worth it

In all seriousness it might be something to do with the server switch we were told about a couple of weeks back. Might need a tweak (or a kick).

I have also noticed that having read a thread and returned to the list, the thread(s) that I have read are still listed in bold.
Fings aint what they used to be!

It does take a few moments to acknowledge when a thread has been read (normally have to go in and out on another thread). I’ve also noticed that on my iPhone if I want to start a new paragraph leaving a line between the two paragraphs the first letter will now automatically be lower case.

Not massive issues but I doubt it would take much to fix them either. I’ve reported my own post (grass) so that the Fear is aware.

It does take a few moments to acknowledge when a thread has been read (normally have to go in and out on another thread). I’ve also noticed that on my iPhone if I want to start a new paragraph leaving a line between the two paragraphs the first letter will now automatically be lower case.

Not massive issues but I doubt it would take much to fix them either. I’ve reported my own post (grass) so that the Fear is aware.

I have all those issues too nibbles.

Plus, when I re-visit the site (next day or whatever) I have to refresh every time. It now loads back to where I left it, no updated threads etc.

All minor 1st world problems but irritating none the less.

Do you use the backspace when going back to the threads? If so, they will still be in bold.

If you click the link The Blues Rock Cafe! it shouldn't be in bold, it isn't for me.

If it is, let me know, but now the techies will all be eating mince pies, maybe, if you don't mind, send me a pm early Jan?

I can have the refresh in the index turned up if you all would like, so that you can see quicker when threads have had more comments added to?

(Happy doo dah and all that folks)

Do you use the backspace when going back to the threads? If so, they will still be in bold.

If you click the link The Blues Rock Cafe! it shouldn't be in bold, it isn't for me.

Yes, it's when using the back arrow, and yes, if you click the Blues Rock Cafe link then the thread you've just been viewing is no longer in bold. It's definitely a new issue though, because I've always used the back arrow to return to the forum, and I've only started noticing this issue in maybe the last couple of weeks or so.

Not a major issue by any means, but would be nice if it could go back to the way it used to be at some stage when the techies are back.

Happy doo dah to you too

Yes, it's when using the back arrow, and yes, if you click the Blues Rock Cafe link then the thread you've just been viewing is no longer in bold. It's definitely a new issue though, because I've always used the back arrow to return to the forum, and I've only started noticing this issue in maybe the last couple of weeks or so.

Not a major issue by any means, but would be nice if it could go back to the way it used to be at some stage when the techies are back.

Happy doo dah to you too

That has been the way the forum works for me since day 1. It seems right to me.

Use the blues rock cafe button to go back “refreshed”.

All I’d like is for that button to be available at the bottom of the thread, so you don’t have to scroll all the way back to the top to use it.

AND, having the page numbers available at the top so you can go to a page without having to scroll all the way to the bottom first.

It’s the little things 😁

I would like to add that logging on from the US, if you try too quickly, clicking in the name box takes you straight to an ad. I would also like to add that there is clearly something wrong with the "like" function. Posts which are not very good often attract many likes, while good posts like most of mine hardly get any likes at all.

Strange, I'm sure it never used to be like that for me, but I'm starting to doubt myself now.

Definitely if you use the back button, it can't show the threads as refreshed, because effectively you have gone back to how it was, not refreshed the page (if that makes sense, which it probably doesn't!

Just a little update. How exciting for you all!

We can't find anything freezing the screen. If that continues, let me know, it might have been an advert not loading right I guess.

The page numbers for threads are at the top and bottom (obviously only show when more than 1 page is there) and then the link at the bottom is there as well, The Blues Rock Cafe! takes you back home.

Will get the index page refresh turned up.

Happy Christmas folks!