Scraps or Scrumps? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Scraps or Scrumps?

This will completely throw you all.
Oop North it's "once with bits please."
= 1 fish and a portion of chips with scrumps please.

'Twice and a fish' = 2 x fish and 2 x chips and a fish.

I'm dying to ask for once in Burton Road chippy but my son says I'll just be wasting my time.
.....and don't get me going on teacakes,they don't have currents in. That would be a current teacake.

Mr Hither has just introduced me to the concept of 'a mixed' - chips and mushy peas. Anyone else know this one?

This will completely throw you all.
Oop North it's "once with bits please."
= 1 fish and a portion of chips with scrumps please.

'Twice and a fish' = 2 x fish and 2 x chips and a fish.

I'm dying to ask for once in Burton Road chippy but my son says I'll just be wasting my time.
.....and don't get me going on teacakes,they don't have currents in. That would be a current teacake.

teacakes do have currents in. Surely its just a bread roll/bap without.

Mr Hither has just introduced me to the concept of 'a mixed' - chips and mushy peas. Anyone else know this one?

We have chips and mushy peas with egg once a week, but everything separate

Have to say, though, that if we have chip shop fish and chips, I do tend to mix the peas up with the chips - takes some of the fattiness away that often comes with chip shop chips - they're not always (as the submarine captain in Dad's Army would say) crisp und dry!

I like mushy peas (especially with mint sauce) but don’t have them with shop bought fish and chips, much prefer a pot of curry sauce and dip in the chips and scrumps much like Stoke, to take some of the fattiness away.
Don’t have them very often though because they are filthy, as Notty would say

I like mushy peas (especially with mint sauce) but don’t have them with shop bought fish and chips, much prefer a pot of curry sauce and dip in the chips and scrumps much like Stoke, to take some of the fattiness away.
Don’t have them very often though because they are filthy, as Notty would say

Green filth!

teacakes do have currents in. Surely its just a bread roll/bap without.
Depends where you live.
To me a bread roll or bap, bap is a term I've never used, is smaller than a teacake.
A teacake or current teacake are identical, except one contains currents and the other doesn't.
Chocolate teacakes are another thing altogether.:LOL: