Scouting team shake-up | Vital Football

Scouting team shake-up

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
More good news today as the board have announced that there's been a big shake up in the scouting/recruitment team. Looks like it's been entirely scrapped and Potter and his staff take control. Sounds promising, just hope they really do get full control to identify targets and the club's only involvement is the financial side of the deals.

At last some communication with the fans as to what’s happening there.
The cynic in me thought they’d all gone on holiday and there was just a skeleton crew organising the fire sale of players. After all the owners need some cash to pay Rooney’s wages as he’s just signed for DC United!

Better late than never as the inept scouting network has gone, replaced by Potters men.
Also good news with Curtis rejoining the coaching staff, makes you wonder if he had a falling out with Clement whilst he was here, being demoted to looking after the loan players and doing hospitality.

Better late than never as the inept scouting network has gone, replaced by Potters men.
Also good news with Curtis rejoining the coaching staff, makes you wonder if he had a falling out with Clement whilst he was here, being demoted to looking after the loan players and doing hospitality.

Sounds to me like we've got a proper plan and structure in place again. A scouting team based around the management one, God help us of Potter doesn't do well and he gets sacked, we'll be in some mess then!

A wise move by Potter to bring Curtis back, as he knows the club and the players inside out.
The scouting staff have a poor record the last few seasons and needed to go, but I wonder if the main culprit who’s still here, took any notice of their recommendations.

A wise move by Potter to bring Curtis back, as he knows the club and the players inside out.
The scouting staff have a poor record the last few seasons and needed to go, but I wonder if the main culprit who’s still here, took any notice of their recommendations.

Fans have been annoyed to see that while the whole scouting team has been sacked effectively, Jenkins who's mainly to blame, gets off Scott free yet again. It was obvious that he wasn't going to leave despite saying his position would be untenable. Unfortunately we've just to get used to that fact now and hope that Potter does indeed get control over transfers and HJ just sees to the contract side of negotiations

Now that Curtis is back on the coaching staff, a door opens for Britton, who will replace him as host at the former Vice Presidents Lounge.
The clubs heartbeat during the bad times, the VP’s were disgracefully squeezed out at the end of last season by a take it or leave it offer from Pearlman, pay double price or go, ninety percent rode off into the sunset.
The Lounge has been extended, refurbished, and is now called the Legends Lounge.
Surprisingly the club has announced that they’ve just sold out the 120 seats available at £1375 a shot, must be plenty of money still floating around Swansea then, just to watch Championship football.

Last edited: