Scousers | Vital Football

Scousers

BlackBob

Vital Football Legend
Fair play to them and well done in exposing the corruption and sick slander that has come from the South Yorkshire police force.
a police force i found to be the most brutal towards away fans back in the mid 80's.
they loved their feckin horses and dogs and many a Geordie took a good truncheon to the head for feck all along with ya trousers and legs ripped to bits.
Pack of Thatchers boot boys thats all they were at the time.her ashes should be dug up and and tipped down the nearest shitter,and the Baroness title removed just like Savilles title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61980YP1Yvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBnY-SnwxA

Yep, could've gone away quietly like that twat Bernard Ingham suggested, but stuck at it for 27yrs, shows a lot of fight and determination that, great character those people have shown against a corrupt government. As for Thatchers press secretary Ingham his attitude throughout this has been fucking repulsive, his knighthood should be stripped, another horrible Yorkshire twat funnily enough.

Our lot couldnd't even do a 1 game boycott, let alone a sustained campaign against a corrupt owner.
says it all really.

Was thinking that myself Bob, a lot of people slag them off, but I'm not sure any other group of people would stand up for the truth like they have done, it's much easier to walk away when the whole country is blaming you, but they've some spirit them lot, admirable to say the least.

It's not even a fair comparison based on many factors, although im fairly sure that if any of the close shaves that I was involved in or the many at games I wasn't at in the 80's which in turn, turned out to be tragedies caused by an error by the police, Im fairly sure our families would have similar feelings.

Knowing what I know now and how detached I am from the club, im still fairly sure that if one of my family members or friends went to a game and something bad happened, that id try and get the truth out there and acted on.

a lot of us have been through the same tunnel into the same pen,and it was an unerving experience the year before when we were foced into the stands even though we had upper seat tickets.argue with plod and you got a crunch to the head.

Still don't think the fans were completely innocent. Whilst the Police (who weren't qualified for the task) and the Government were massively at fault, the fans should've showed a bit more common sense. If that was happening to me I would've moved out of the pack and waited until it was sorted, not tried to cram in. Granted that's a very simplistic view but the police didn't physically force anyone anywhere. If the stadium was so bad and I've heard numerous stories about the place of many different sets of fans then surely this was common knowledge and you use your head to take yourself out of the situation.

Officemonkey - 27/4/2016 23:16

Still don't think the fans were completely innocent. Whilst the Police (who weren't qualified for the task) and the Government were massively at fault, the fans should've showed a bit more common sense. If that was happening to me I would've moved out of the pack and waited until it was sorted, not tried to cram in. Granted that's a very simplistic view but the police didn't physically force anyone anywhere. If the stadium was so bad and I've heard numerous stories about the place of many different sets of fans then surely this was common knowledge and you use your head to take yourself out of the situation.

I wont disagree with what you're saying OM but with experience myself of crowds back in those days, it was the same at most big clubs grounds.

You were basically 'directed' or herded around like cattle with the main mentality to get into the ground as quick as you could away from the crush outside because you felt as if there was nowhere else to go to be safe.

In hindsight, they would have used their head. I know it affected the way in which I queued after Hillsborough.

No one can deny that Liverpool fans crushed Liverpool fans.My gripe has always been about the spineless folk in authority that thought it better to blame the average fan of the 80's as being a drunken troublemaker.they are wankers of the highest order and even at this late stage in events need held accountable for their actions.

Hillsborough held many big games with excess fans flowing in without valid tickets.it was the perimeter fencing that killed folk not the crowd itself.
crowds often overflowed onto the pitch just before kick off,then Thatcher decided to cage us all like common crimminals inside the new pens which the FA were dead set against implimenting,rest is history i'm sorry to say.

When I look back and think of some games ive been to, all it would have taken was one thick copper to order a gate to be opened and id be a statistic myself. Games like Spurs away in the cup in 87 (I think). No way was there only 35,000 in the whole ground and only 12,000 of us. Id hazard a guess that it was nearer 20,000. The bit I was in behind the goal was worse than sardines.

It was lucky that some coppers were allowing people to move to other places. Fuck knows where though.

As mentioned before though, the Hillsborough tragedy was always gonna happen but it was a lottery as to where it would be.

Yesterday’s verdict is a stark reminder of how the Shortt Report (1924) had been ignored by successive governments for 65 years but, had it not been, many if not all of the deaths could have been avoided. The Shortt Report recommended, inter alia, that there should be an open space around grounds to prevent congestion (para 32), plenty of turnstiles (paras 33-34), plenty of exits (para 35) and terracing to be broken up by vertical and horizontal gangways (para 38).

Officemonkey - 27/4/2016 23:16

Well a court of law says they were innocent, just as Ashley was proved to be a liar, that's not to say they're always right like. I guess some people will always believe what they want to believe. As for common sense, I know I didn't have much in my teens/twenties, especially pissed up following Newcastle. In the unlikely event of us reaching a semi final and going down for a day out to chance a ticket, I'd wager a lot of excited drunk lads supporting most teams would've been delighted if a gate was opened by the police and steamed through. You'd have had no idea of the consequences and there simply wouldn't have been any if people had done their jobs correctly.

So the inevitable has happened and 400 people have signed to up to a court action against South Yorkshire police.

To me, this is what it is all about, forget the blame, its the ££££ they are after, and have been all along.....

They weren't going to give up until they got the verdict they wanted. It's as simple as that in my eyes. They've pestered and pestered until people no longer give as much of a toss.

Whilst the event was deeply tragic and avoidable it seems to me like the courts have given in. Just like when a child refused to stop crying, just get them the toy to get them off your back.

Fault was at both sides. Scousers refuse to see that.

Doubt that's what they are after daftladguy they are after justice for their loved ones, and i hope some top people get jailed for it or whatever the law can throw at them. IF they sue the police for their actions good on them, but if it were one of your family members who had been killed would you not do exactly the same as they have done to get justice for your family member.

I do agree that blame is on both the police and the supporters but the police more so because they were supposed to be in charge.

Agree in part BBC, but this is 27 years ago, they could not let it go with a series of prosecutions etc..

The people who caused it, through negligence, have eventually been outed.

To now want compensation, is a sick thing to do in my opinion, after all, who pays them, it me and you through our taxes. And, they were partly to blame, that is on public record....

And what happened to the poor souls at he Heysel Stadium, remember they were involved again, did they get compensated????

People like them should not throw rocks in a greenhouse....

I think a lot of the people who lost loved ones will be happy now that their family members that died have been vindicated. Some will want heads to roll still and i hope they get it and some will be suing the police again good luck to them. Id like to see the Sun Newspaper sued for their disgraceful headlines at the time saying that Liverpool fans were robbing other Liverpool fans and pissing on coppers.

I hope that **** Kelvin MacKenzie gets hauled over the coals for his part in that disgraceful headline about them robbing fellow fans and pissing on coppers. He was warned not to go with those headlines but he still did, the man is a **** and i hope he gets his just desserts in time.

I've posted at length on this subject a number of times so to be quite honest am both tired of doing so and a bit disappointed that some people refuse to believe what has proven to be true .

In short,everything you were initially told about the Hillsborough disaster was a lie . The lies about Hillsborough were told by Police, The Fa, The Press, The incumbent Government, and subsequent governments and the ambulance service. Furthermore not only were these lies told but certain members of the above joked, mocked and belittled and continue to belittle both those that died and their families.

Those that attempted to find out the truth were hampered at conceivable turn, to this day there are those who walked the highest corridors of power in this land who had a vested interest in the truth not coming out.

Heysel and Hillsborough are two completely different disasters . One has nothing to do with the other . Were Liverpool fans to blame at Heysel ? Yes . Were they at Hillsborough ? No. Not even a contributing factor.

The only crime committed by Liverpool fans who went to Hillsborough was they went to a football match . It wasn't and isn't illegal to drink before a game. The version of events that ticketless pissed up Liverpool fans were one of the reasons behind Hillsborough has no basis in fact. None. Were there drunk people at the game ? Undoubtedly . Was it a contributory factor ? No. Once again there has been proven to have been a distorted version of events perpetuated to suit a certain number of people.

Imagine if it was your son or daughter that was killed through no fault of their own and the powers that be not only covered up the events surrounding their death but made every conceivable effort to discredit you and other people who had suffered the same loss as you. Imagine if they told lies about your dead son or daughter. Said they were dead by such and such a time when you have evidence that they were alive and may well have been saveable. How would you feel ? What lengths would you go to to find those responsible ? How would you feel if you knew you were being lied too ? If every avenue seemed not too embrace you in your horror and grief and desire for the truth but to turn you away. If the national press branded you as scum ? If time and again you and your family were branded as moaners, complainers or in this very thread compared to crying children or allusions made to you being on the make? When in point of fact you have been a victim of one of the biggest conspiracies in British history. Would you stop ?

There have been people who have gone to their grave not knowing the truth of how their child died . Just think on that. You're dying , your child has died in tragic circumstances, you know that there is fabrication around the circumstances of your child's death, that people may have been responsible and you also know you will NEVER find out the truth, you will go to your grave not knowing. That was the reality for several of the campaigners.

I don't know how anybody truly assesses the level of retribution or justice the families of the 96 are entitled too but after 27 years of denial and lies the absolute minimum they are entitled too is respect from people who should understand them best. Fellow football fans. To repeat information that has been proven to be untrue makes the person doing so complicit in the lies. It makes you in your small way part of the conspiracy.

People will still refuse to believe the truth and it is the truth....

Liverpool fans were the victims of the Hillsborough disaster not the cause.

JFT96, may they rest in peace.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-disaster-deadly-mistakes-and-lies-that-lasted-decades