Scottish Independence Referendum | Vital Football

Scottish Independence Referendum

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Today:

Nicola Sturgeon has said she wants to hold a second referendum on Scottish independence by 2021 if the country is taken out of the EU.

The first minister told Holyrood that she would introduce legislation soon to set the rules for another vote.

Previously she has said:

Nicola Sturgeon said she hoped people would seize the "once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland" in next year's independence vote.

The decision on whether there is another referendum is down to the Scottish people.

If you have a Tory government at Westminster that takes us out of Europe against our will, there may be people in Scotland who think, 'You know what, we might be better off independent.'

I want there to be another independence referendum at some stage. I want Scotland to be independent, but I wouldn't choose to have it happen because England votes to come out of the E.U.

Sounds like a typical remain supporting MP to me. Keep on voting till they get the desired outcome.

She is desperate to be the first President of an independent republic. What she forgets to mention is that many of the day to day services under their devolved powers n Scotland are performing poorly even though they get a much higher per level of funding from Parliament than the rest of the UK. Her latest policy to have no landfilled waste by 2021. A laudable aim but ignores the fact that they don't have the facilties or technology to recycle or dipose of it through alternative methods will mean they will have to export it to, yes, you can guess, England!

Backward step Bear ....
I am a Brexiteer and proud to be so.
Nigel was at A.F.C. Fylde Saturday about 2000 plus at the rally.

Ain't no such thing as a brexiteer; there is nowt swashbuckling about brexiters or brexitmongers. they are the forces of anti democracy who shamelessly cheated in the referendum as the courts have adjudged. The majority of people want to remain but the brexitmongers don't want more democracy. People's Vote is coming.

Ain't no such thing as a brexiteer; there is nowt swashbuckling about brexiters or brexitmongers. they are the forces of anti democracy who shamelessly cheated in the referendum as the courts have adjudged. The majority of people want to remain but the brexitmongers don't want more democracy. People's Vote is coming.
Dream On,

She's harping on again about it.
The disrespectful way she refers to the PM - I hope he fcuks her right off.
2013:
Nicola Sturgeon said she hoped people would seize the "once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland" in next year's independence vote.
Scotland's Deputy First Minister was asked about opinion polls and the finances of a split, exactly a year before voters take part in the referendum.

Emily's half Scottish (which I wind her up about all the time). She has family who live up there and they're all anti Sturgeon. Apparently she's nowhere near as popular as she likes to think.

It should be our turn if we want to vote Scotland out of the UK, and the answer is a massive YES from me and then I'd never have to see or hear that horrible witch Sturgeon again.

Would an Independent Scotland offer citizenship to anyone from the UK? I would happily relocate to retain my EU citizenship.