Scottish Football | Vital Football

Scottish Football

markhonesmagicstuds

Vital Reserves Team
I see Rangers thrashed Celtic today 4-1, which led me to looking at the laughable state of affairs that is the league table.

2021-05-02 14_32_30-Scottish Premiership Table - Football - BBC Sport — Mozilla Firefox.png

Rangers have dropped 12 points out of 108, with a GD of 72. SEVENTY TWO???!!!!

A 38 year old Jermain Defoe rounded off the scoring for Rangers today, taking his record in Scottish football this season to 5 goals in 17 appearances (plus 1 in the Europa against the mighty Lincoln Red Imps).
Alan Power has racked up 114 starts for Killie after a move from non-league Lincoln.

How well would the top L1 teams (including Lincoln) fare against the best that Scottish football has to offer? They would almost certainly get rolled over by the top 2 teams, but could they hold their own in a season against the rest?

Should Rangers and Celtic ever be allowed (or want) to play in the English leagues?

I'm not sure they would enjoy travelling to the likes of Exeter and Newport, nor would teams want the expense of travelling to Glasgow.

They were discussing this again on the radio the other day, not sure why. Suggestion was that they start in the Championship. Personally, I don't want them in our league.
From what I've seen the rest of Scottish football is pish, and the top half of L1 would be in with a shout of European qualification!
Were the big two to arrive in England, I reckon top half of the championship would be where they are currently. No doubt they are big clubs, so they would be in and around the top half of the PL eventually, due to the money they would get. Don't think they could regularly compete with those backed by countries and oligarchs, unless they were too

Co-opting them into any EFL division would presumably require the demotion of two innocent teams. If they were to challenge for promotion this would, at least in the short term, prevent existing teams from being promoted. It's hard to see anything positive for existing EFL members.

It won't happen. UEFA don't allow it, The respective FA's won't allow it. The smaller English clubs won't allow it (taking two spots) and most significantly the big 6 won't allow it (genuine contenders given time, to stick more noses in their trough).

The media love talking about (it fills the days when there are no PL matches on) and Sky would love it (more high profile arm chair pop-corn fests $£).

They are welcome to fluff off and set up their own league elsewhere with whoever they want but they will not be seen in the EFL or PL any time soon.

I see Rangers thrashed Celtic today 4-1, which led me to looking at the laughable state of affairs that is the league table.

View attachment 48244

Rangers have dropped 12 points out of 108, with a GD of 72. SEVENTY TWO???!!!!

A 38 year old Jermain Defoe rounded off the scoring for Rangers today, taking his record in Scottish football this season to 5 goals in 17 appearances (plus 1 in the Europa against the mighty Lincoln Red Imps).
Alan Power has racked up 114 starts for Killie after a move from non-league Lincoln.

How well would the top L1 teams (including Lincoln) fare against the best that Scottish football has to offer? They would almost certainly get rolled over by the top 2 teams, but could they hold their own in a season against the rest?

Should Rangers and Celtic ever be allowed (or want) to play in the English leagues?

Why ask this question and not ask, for example, if PSG should play in the English league?

And did you scoff at English football when Liverpool ran away with it last season?