Scores today | Vital Football

Scores today

Oscarbon

Vital Champions League
Seem to be going our way. Leeds losing and Middlesbrough drawing. Other teams we over took last night seem also to be either losing or drawing.

Only Preston letting us down as they are 2-0 down to Sheffield United so down to 4th and two points off top.

Seem to be going our way. Leeds losing and Middlesbrough drawing. Other teams we over took last night seem also to be either losing or drawing.

Only Preston letting us down as they are 2-0 down to Sheffield United so down to 4th and two points off top.

Funnily enough I was hoping for Sheff U to beat Preston - I’m still looking at the gap to the teams in the relegation zone for the foreseeable future!

We are currently 2 PTS off the top as opposed to 10 PTS clear of relegation. I know which way I consider to be the more positive view.v

But if you do look at it in relation to relegation then we have played about 18% of our games and have 30% of the points we need for safety.

We are currently 2 PTS off the top as opposed to 10 PTS clear of relegation. I know which way I consider to be the more positive view.v

But if you do look at it in relation to relegation then we have played about 18% of our games and have 30% of the points we need for safety.

It’s nothing to do with a ‘positive versus negative’ view, I’m simply just focusing on our main goal first and foremost, and hoping we can progress from there if we know survival is assured.

Personally, nine games from 46 is way too early for me to be focusing on the top two.

If we’re still in and around the top six after 30 games or so, I might begin to crane my neck upwards a bit!

PNE, Rotherham and Hull both losing and Ipswich Bolton drawing. All good results for us. The gap is becoming bigger and bigger.

I'm still looking at the bottom sides losing rather than the top at the moment. I'm very hopeful we can keep this pace up and maybe pull off a fairy tale but there's so many games to go and so many tough teams.

Like Cook said this week this league can be unforgiving and a little bad luck or being on the wrong side of a few fine margins and you can end up without a win in 5 or 6 in no time dropping like a stone.

I'm very excited about what we can potentially achieve but i dont want to get carried away just yet.

I think I would rather rely on us getting good results rather than having to try on other teams getting bad ones.

I am also not getting carried away. I just think that the quicker we accrue fifty points the more relaxed we will be and the better we will play making the possibility of a promotion push more likely.

Take a look at Preston. They had a big chance for promotion last year and missed out. This season is a different ball game. We need to maintain the positivity for as long as we can as you can just as easily break away with a run of 5 or 6 wins as you can fall like a stone in the back of six losses.

Our only target this season is survival and stability, particularly given the takeover and our recent seasons at this level. I'm more concerned about the results of the bottom six than the top six.

Undoubtedly we have a very good manager and some good players, though we don't have strength in depth. Realistically we are not good enough over a 46 game season to go up. I've no issue with that as this season it isn't our goal. Lose our good players in January or god forbid Cook at any point and suddenly the job will be much harder. I'm really enjoying the season so far - some good football at times and a lot of fight and resilience when that's not possible. It's a really competitive league with some big teams and good players. By all means dream but our expectations should be realistic as to where we will end up.