Score Predictions & Match Thread: Tunisia v England | Page 8 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: Tunisia v England

imo players should get picked or dropped based on effectiveness. they don't get dropped to take them out of the firing line because of what is said about them on social media. sterling had his chance to create in game one. the chances we created seemed to come from every avenue but sterling, and he missed another sitter.
Did sterling miss a sitter?

Sterling has improved over the last 18 months and is physically stronger also now occasionally makes positive use of his left leg. That said he misses half a dozen tap ins every season at Man City, like the one in the Tunisia game and gets totally overwhelmed when he doesn't have his club mates around him. He is one that benefits from having top players around him rather than raising the game of other players himself.

Sterling has improved over the last 18 months and is physically stronger also now occasionally makes positive use of his left leg. That said he misses half a dozen tap ins every season at Man City, like the one in the Tunisia game and gets totally overwhelmed when he doesn't have his club mates around him. He is one that benefits from having top players around him rather than raising the game of other players himself.

Again, it's one game. He was decent in qualifying and really good against Italy two England starts ago.

After 170 minutes of football taken in isolation (and people are taking an hour of Sterling in isolation) you could say that Messi is only decent with a good supporting cast, which is patently ridiculous.

Again, it's one game. He was decent in qualifying and really good against Italy two England starts ago.

After 170 minutes of football taken in isolation (and people are taking an hour of Sterling in isolation) you could say that Messi is only decent with a good supporting cast, which is patently ridiculous.
That is part of the problem, inconsistency. Top players only have the occasional bad game. He has to improve his goal output as well; 2 in 30 odd games is not enough. However he is improving so perhaps we will have to settle for an occasional good game currently and hopefully the finished article in a couple of years time.

That is part of the problem, inconsistency. Top players only have the occasional bad game. He has to improve his goal output as well; 2 in 30 odd games is not enough. However he is improving so perhaps we will have to settle for an occasional good game currently and hopefully the finished article in a couple of years time.

Sterling has had literally one bad game to merit this.

His replacement is a more out and out forward and his stats are 20 (3) and is a 1 in 5 man for club.

I sort of take the points but feel like they could easily be spun the other way!

Sterling has had literally one bad game to merit this.

His replacement is a more out and out forward and his stats are 20 (3) and is a 1 in 5 man for club.

I sort of take the points but feel like they could easily be spun the other way!
Absolutely applies to Rashford also. I would go with Vardy to be honest and I really am not sure what Welbeck is doing there.

Welbeck is there because of his work rate and goals record for England
Bit part player at Arsenal albeit largely down to injuries. I would argue that Wilshere has done more this season to merit a place and offers something different whereas I don't see that with Welbeck. That said I have more confidence in Southgate than if Allardyce was in charge and wish him and the team well.