Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Romania | Page 3 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Romania

Grealish the stand out player again, how long did it take Southgate to recognise this? International class technique.
henderson yet again proving he is not.

Those players involved in the CL match only arrived with the squad last Friday it seems (not sure if they were just given a few days off or something to do with Covid regs). Either way, that is why others not in the 26 were retained for these matches

Ben White in. Not going to lie 2/3 at the back whichever, I'd start him based on the last few games.

Ben White in. Not going to lie 2/3 at the back whichever, I'd start him based on the last few games.

To be fair to White, he played really well in Brighton's last home game v Man City at the end of the season (in a 3) ... so time will tell if he gets actual game time.

To be fair to White, he played really well in Brighton's last home game v Man City at the end of the season (in a 3) ... so time will tell if he gets actual game time.

And Southgate has backed himself into a corner taking Maguire (not fit), Henderson (not fit) and White covers both positions.

My mates who are all Leeds fans think he's the greatest player ever to be fair; know he's not that good but he gets rave reviews!

My mates who are all Leeds fans think he's the greatest player ever to be fair; know he's not that good but he gets rave reviews!
The same group of people who want Patrick Bamford to feature in an international tournament?

It's a dystopian nightmare watching England. Young Black players being supposedly supported by the nation in an attempt to call out vile internet racism, turning into a chorus of boos and jeers.
On the field. I wonder how this feels to be black British at the moment. Then I see Tory MPs crashing in on the act saying they can no longer watch their beloved England with pride. Dangerous territory this, I wonder if they don't quite like the cut of the jib of some of these English men. What a country we have turned into in 2021.

The same group of people who want Patrick Bamford to feature in an international tournament?

Hard to be incredulous at wanting a striker with 17 Premier league goals (I think only two pens) being in the reckoning at least. Think its fair enough he's not in the squad but it's not that ridiculous

It's a dystopian nightmare watching England. Young Black players being supposedly supported by the nation in an attempt to call out vile internet racism, turning into a chorus of boos and jeers.
On the field. I wonder how this feels to be black British at the moment. Then I see Tory MPs crashing in on the act saying they can no longer watch their beloved England with pride. Dangerous territory this, I wonder if they don't quite like the cut of the jib of some of these English men. What a country we have turned into in 2021.

Tory mps not watching football they weren't going to watch anyway to score a headline with right wing rags is pretty depressing but par for the course

Hard to be incredulous at wanting a striker with 17 Premier league goals (I think only two pens) being in the reckoning at least. Think its fair enough he's not in the squad but it's not that ridiculous
Watkins got 14 goals, little between them to be fair. At 27, maybe Bamford's international ship has sailed?
Was more a comment on Leeds fans turning up and chanting PB's name.

Watkins got 14 goals, little between them to be fair. At 27, maybe Bamford's international ship has sailed?
Was more a comment on Leeds fans turning up and chanting PB's name.

Maybe, I think there was a good argument for Bamford as he is much more like a poor man's Kane in terms of his link up and technical ability whereas Watkins is more of an in behind forward (knowing we're going to play three deep teams in the group then get knocked out straight away anyway :))

Neither are going at the end of it all so bit of a moot point!

And Southgate has backed himself into a corner taking Maguire (not fit), Henderson (not fit) and White covers both positions.

Remember when the Leeds fans said gotts would be the best midfielder in league 1? Myclubbias

The way Grealish dropped himself as usual for the goal, the defender never touched him, well he maybe did with barrest touch. I think I read in paper several weeks ago how many fouls were supposed committed on him ,383 tells its own story the goals were certainly missing for his 7 week splints break. The referee did speak to him at one stage, maybe about that, there were several he went down for he did'nt get. Very skilful player, but not playing like that, not for me anyway.

The way Grealish dropped himself as usual for the goal, the defender never touched him, well he maybe did with barrest touch. I think I read in paper several weeks ago how many fouls were supposed committed on him ,383 tells its own story the goals were certainly missing for his 7 week splints break. The referee did speak to him at one stage, maybe about that, there were several he went down for he did'nt get. Very skilful player, but not playing like that, not for me anyway.

I'd have him at the Etihad in a heartbeat ... a real 70's style maverick of a player that would rise to the next level under Pep's tutelage. I saw him close up at Villa Park when they lost 1-6 to City, and he still stood out and gave absolutely everything.

I hope Southgate is brave enough to start him alongside Mount & Foden in a 3 behind Kane, but I very much doubt it.

Bit like Brennan was for us this season!

I'm the same with Grealish in that he's just good to watch, even yesterday when we were a bit crap he's the one running at people or going to try a quick reverse pass or a backheel. He does go down easily sometimes but he also gets some pretty rough stuff from defenders. Partly because not many players commit defenders as much as that now!