Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Italy | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Italy

I'm off fishing today to get away from the annoying build up .I shall return late afternoon have my first beer and concentrate on the match.Currently I'm quite confident that 2-1 England will do it.Saka will be wondering who the old blokes are in the Italian defence .
Do you not want to hear from Kanes primary school teacher, the person the washes Maguires car, or the midwife that delivered Southgate?
Been a near total news blackout for me since the last game!!
England 2-1 aet.

3-1 England. Staying outside as much as possible today, no need to watch or listen to any irrelevant crap until much nearer kick off.

Must admit I will not be tuning in until 8pm the build up is totally OTT with a lot of waffle been spouted Harry Kane’s school teacher has just been on always knew he was an England player in the making.

It's a nice Sunday lunch at our local pub later this afternoon then back home for a few beers then switch on at about 7-7:30.

2-0 to England methinks.

2-0 England. Saka/Sterling will be the key. Far too much pace for their centre backs and Shaw to be involved yet again in the goals. Player of the tournament for me.

Grealish to get another 15 minutes to satisfy the overhypers and Henderson to come on after 60 to seal the hole that Rice/Phillips keep leaving in the centre of defence.

Tricky call. Italy are a good side with impressive form v an England side who have grown into the tournament and have home advantage. Sitting on the fence, with 1-0 to the team that scores the only goal.

Very tough to call this one. England's pace will scare the Italians, but tha azzuri often seem to find a way to win, by fair means or foul, or a combination of both. Verrati and Jorginho against Rice and Philips will be key. If had to make a prediction I would go 1-0 to Italy. Hope my gut feeling is wrong though

I will be loading iplayer up at 7.55 pm, give or take.

2-1 to Italy. No-one does heroic football failure quite like the English.

0 0,after et, my heart says we then win on pens, my head knows we'll lose on pens. At least its Sunday so we won't have to see which primary school is getting visited by a camera crew to assess which team a load of 5 Yr old and their teachers who probably have never been to a football match in their lives want to win. {I did enjoy watching Garath Southgate with Bear Grylls last night though, he's got some balls).

Well I am currently watching Johnny Marr's brother interview Boston Utd's most famous fan all aboout Covid

0 0,after et, my heart says we then win on pens, my head knows we'll lose on pens. At least its Sunday so we won't have to see which primary school is getting visited by a camera crew to assess which team a load of 5 Yr old and their teachers who probably have never been to a football match in their lives want to win. {I did enjoy watching Garath Southgate with Bear Grylls last night though, he's got some balls).
Were they kangaroo balls?

I don't mind the build up for today. If it's another 55 years until England's next final there is every chance today will be my only opportunity to watch them in a major final so bring it all on. It might be like FA Cup final day of yesteryear without the It's a knockout bits.

As for the match...as Rob says it will be tight and 1-0 England is probably the best guess

Seem to remember we won the cricket World Cup same day as Wimbledon mens final so some precedent for success on this day. Italy to lose both games 3-1

2-1 to The Mighty Imps - oh sorry we are talking about England - if they adopt our style of play when we were playing at our best last season England will win - if however they are too cautious they will get beaten.