Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic | Page 3 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic

With your Man City connection , you must be pleased with Stirling's performance . Not that I watched the game but the press seemed to love it .
Yes Chesh, I was very pleased, especially considering the hatred that has been directed almost exclusively on his young (relatively) shoulders, whenever the national team has failed in the past.

Yes Chesh, I was very pleased, especially considering the hatred that has been directed almost exclusively on his young (relatively) shoulders, whenever the national team has failed in the past.
Since Guardiola has taken over at Man City Sterling has grown up an incredible amount into a role model for many younger people. Every time I hear/see a quote from him now I'm much more impressed than when you compare it to most other players.

I agree. If he keeps improving he may one day be as good as Andrade.

I've watched Sterling close up at Manchester City (season ticket holder there when Imps aren't playing) over the past four years and the transformation has been significant. Before the arrival of Guardiola he was a promising player with occasional flashes of brilliance but lightweight, no left foot, made the wrong decisions frequently and his finishing was consistently poor. He was in a very good team which meant he was still able to contribute and get by. He showed steady improvement and last season at Man City was a true break through for him having improved on those aforementioned weaknesses completely beyond recognition. That said he was not taking his club form into the international matches for whatever reason and imo was rightly questioned and scrutinised about his contribution for England. Not because he wasn't transferring his full stellar form for club to country but because his performances were bang average at best. This season he has just got better and better to the point where you could argue he is verging on becoming a world class player. The great news is that he is now blossoming on the international stage with England and fully deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I've watched Sterling close up at Manchester City (season ticket holder there when Imps aren't playing) over the past four years and the transformation has been significant. Before the arrival of Guardiola he was a promising player with occasional flashes of brilliance but lightweight, no left foot, made the wrong decisions frequently and his finishing was consistently poor. He was in a very good team which meant he was still able to contribute and get by. He showed steady improvement and last season at Man City was a true break through for him having improved on those aforementioned weaknesses completely beyond recognition. That said he was not taking his club form into the international matches for whatever reason and imo was rightly questioned and scrutinised about his contribution for England. Not because he wasn't transferring his full stellar form for club to country but because his performances were bang average at best. This season he has just got better and better to the point where you could argue he is verging on becoming a world class player. The great news is that he is now blossoming on the international stage with England and fully deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

His finishing has definitely improved, to the point where I believe he is now well ahead of Rashford in the pecking order for England