Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Croatia | Page 2 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Croatia

We are back to picking players on reputation, rather than form. So tedious.
Here we go again. I mean, Trippier at left back and Sterling starting too. Southgate might be a decent bloke, but he's a shit coach/manager. How hard is it to pick a left back at left back and play our most in-form player (Grealish)? We never learn. Pick players on form, not their reputation from 3 years ago.

How is Stirling starting, seriously. Fantastic player until it gets to the final product. Hopefully he proves me wrong if he starts.

We don't know how he's been in training last few days, he may have been sensational and that's what's got him in. Also we will need his pace to get in behind as Kane obviously isn't quick enough and Foden plays a different way.

And dont get me started on Mings and Phillips (over Bellingham).

Mings is a walking red card. He's a thug and an idiot.

0-0 I'm not confident at all. I wasn't even going to watch, bit like a car crash when you can't look away.

I'm not a fan of Mings but I'm assuming being left-footed has worked in his favour for that CB position but I'm struggling with not having a LB at LB despite having two bang in form ones.

Trippier has just been part of the team that won la liga. Didn’t play one game at left back.
I would go with simeone’s judgement over southgate’s every time… especially as Southgate has chilwell as an option.

Southgate has still got to do his pre match interview, I'm hoping he has some sort of explanation. Tripper is a great player for sure but it's just a very confusing decision. Every other position I think he chosen correctly (Grealish for Sterling maybe).

I'm not a fan of Mings but I'm assuming being left-footed has worked in his favour for that CB position but I'm struggling with not having a LB at LB despite having two bang in form ones.
the other (4!) cbs would all have kittens playing left centre back. then there’s maguire, who will probably spend the whole tournament on the left side of the treatment room.