Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Croatia | Page 5 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Croatia

Not a Sterling fan, gets himself into fantastic positions but his finishing ......
He had a good day today though but can he string a few good days together ? England played much better than I thought they would and the win takes the pressure off the Jocks game a bit and, hopefully, will not be good news for them. The thought of happy Jocks is not one I want to see !
UTI.

Oi you - I’m half Scots 😳. Mind you, although I follow them when they play, not closely and my allegiance is with England (& by adoption Australia to an extent). I’ve only seen about 10 mins of highlights the performance wasn’t too bad. Shades of the Imps I thought, in parts. Philips looked good - imagine him and Grealish as a MF attacking pair. Sterling leaves me as frustrated as Morgan Rogers - bags of skill & talent and capable of changing a game brilliantly, but some of his finishing is woeful on occasions.

Good performance from England yesterday in very hot conditions. I thought both sides paced themselves pretty well which obviously meant a very slow game for long periods with not much happening. Phillips a revelation. And a deserved and welcome result against a team who were world cup finalists 3 years ago.

Where do ITV get these pundits... saying that 20k sounded like 80k... sorry its a bag of bullocks, it sounded totally dead...

I know what you mean by that but it's totally different being in the stadium as to watching on TV. There was only half as many in the stadium for our game against Blackpool and at times the noise was really loud. It doesn't seem to translate aswell on the TV but when you are inside the stadium everything seems to be more enclosed.
I saw what people were saying about us playing in black in that bright sunshine as we did a few weeks ago.
At times I really struggled to pick the Croatia player out when they were in the shaded areas of the pitch.

Well that was entertaining! (Reading through this thread just now, I mean).

I thought we were well worth the win, and could/should have had two or three goals more, whereas Croatia never really looked like getting one.

Listened whilst lying on Sea Palling beach here in Norfolk, and watched the highlights later. Croatia created very little, bar one 'back pass' by Modric from 20 yards out .... 2 or 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us, that's despite Foden & Trippier starting from positions they haven't played in all season.

Not a Sterling fan, gets himself into fantastic positions but his finishing ......
He had a good day today though but can he string a few good days together ? England played much better than I thought they would and the win takes the pressure off the Jocks game a bit and, hopefully, will not be good news for them. The thought of happy Jocks is not one I want to see !
UTI.
Sterling has 13 goals in last 17 internationals so he can occasionally hit the barn door. Took his goal nicely yesterday, knowing he was going to get whacked in the process, shame about the row Z effort later.