Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Austria | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Austria

Hot weather brings out a plague of locusts, fixture cancelled . Oriental betting syndicate who had already nobbled match and var officials declare all bets will stand and the result is 4 - 3 including OG penalty (hit the bar and rebounded to go into the goal at the other end)

I appreciate that many England players were involved in matches very late on in the season but players who won't be involved in the tournament getting a run out doesn't really give you the chance to get your first XI flowing together for the real matches ahead

England 5-1
Lingard hat trick, Ward-Prowse brace from the bench.
Sterling/Rashford own goal

England flattering to deceive right now, lot's of nicey nicey touches and flash balls across the back four but absolutely no punch whatsoever...

I see Austria have had to borrow a kit from a local school.
The local school could probably stop England scoring. Any side organised and disciplined, and we struggle big time.
Kane has more chance of a golden shower from Southgate than the golden boot.

First 20/25 I thought England looked alright to be fair. Austria got in the game a bit more after that; they are competitive for a friendly and it's not a bad runout in that respect.

Hope he gives Grealish more time as would like to see him get on the ball etc make things happen

Well that was dire. Teach me to waste an evening on a pre tournament friendly. England in last 20 minutes of that half were awful.

What does Rice actually do, apart from rebound backward passes, hospital passes and Hollywood passes into touch?

Feels like an end of season friendly rather than the chance to break into the Euro's starting 11. Did Sky just show Middlesbrough looking Smoggy.