Schoots getting excited about massive pay-day... | Vital Football

Schoots getting excited about massive pay-day...

Spursex

Alert Team
I love it when agents come out with guff like this - it's code for:

"Get your offers in - I'm all ears, errrr and deep pockets to fill.."

Eriksen agent flattered by links with Man Utd & Real Madrid
Harry Sherlock

The Tottenham attacking midfielder has been in excellent form this season, and has subsequently been linked with a number of top clubs

Christian Eriksen's agent says he is thrilled to see his client linked with such clubs as Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Eriksen has been in sparkling form for Tottenham this season, scoring nine goals and providing nine assists in all competitions.

Spurs are currently fourth in the Premier League, and are set to face Juventus in the second leg of their Champions League round of 16 clash, with the first leg ending in a pulsating 2-2 draw.

The Dane has subsequently seen his stock rise, leading to suggestions that he may be the next big-name Spurs star to head for pastures new.

And Martin Schoots, his representative, says links with the likes of the Spanish giants and Jose Mourinho's men are a sign that Eriksen is playing well.

"I don’t comment on rumours much," Schoots told Danish newspaper BT . "But when clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United are mentioned, it’s always a compliment.

"Since Christian was 14 years old, big clubs have shown interest.
Article continues below

"The first were Chelsea, AC Milan and Barcelona, since then there has been no transfer window without any offer or interest."

Schoots insists that there are clubs interested in Eriksen unknown to the public, but he does not expect the attacking midfielder to openly speak about it.

"It is not all clubs known by the press. Christian is not a guy who wants to talk too much. He talks with his feet."

I would imagine we are now a club where the majority of our players are inquired about on a regular basis.

Yeah join the damn club! I mean every damn player in our starting lineup is linked with some other club FFS!

All this is is posturing and keeping his name out there.

I do think Kane drives the boat for some of our guys like Erickson...If Kane departs, we could see an exodus for the likes of Erickon, Alli, and others.

Not sure it relies on kane leaving for the others to go USA.

The lure of going to clubs like madrid and barca are to much for some players to resist.

Utd need an eriksen type player in the 10 role.

He'll have 2 years remaining come summer, we wont manage to keep him for long.

I dunno. Playing in the new stadium may be a panacea for 2-3 years until the money starts flowing.

The excerpt from the THST minutes that was posted by Spursex relating to bonuses may also link in new stadium revenues to a degree.

So we may be in a much better position than we think.

Taricco the yid - 27/2/2018 15:14

Not sure it relies on kane leaving for the others to go USA.

The lure of going to clubs like madrid and barca are to much for some players to resist.

Utd need an eriksen type player in the 10 role.

True

I absolutely hate this modern trait where a player may be entirely happy where he is , only for some arsehole , sorry , ....agent , to put it in the paper that so and so are interested . It should be made totally illegal .
We should return to the old system whereas the player had to ASK to be put on the transfer list , and if he did ,he would not be entitled to a transfer signing on bonus .
It is wrong that teams can be undermined by the fact . They can be held to ransom . How did it all change . When did a contract become worthless .
Makes my blood boil

Walthamstow wanderer - 27/2/2018 22:25

I absolutely hate this modern trait where a player may be entirely happy where he is , only for some arsehole , sorry , ....agent , to put it in the paper that so and so are interested . It should be made totally illegal .
We should return to the old system whereas the player had to ASK to be put on the transfer list , and if he did ,he would not be entitled to a transfer signing on bonus .
It is wrong that teams can be undermined by the fact . They can be held to ransom . How did it all change . When did a contract become worthless .
Makes my blood boil

It's how agents generate new business, whether it's for a selling club or a buying one - it's a two way street. When clubs want to move players on you might give a heads up to his agent first (but not always), agent buys lunch / dinner for a press member, or just calls him with an 'inside track' - journo publishes it and everyone is now wise to the fact that the player/club/agent is open to offers...

`it's also the most sensible way to put the club (if they want to retain him) on warning that they better dig deep, or my boys off'...

Contracts are only worth the resolve of the chairman and the manager - and often, they are the one's who simply don't have enough of it.

Spursex - 28/2/2018 10:51

Walthamstow wanderer - 27/2/2018 22:25

Makes my blood boil

It's how agents generate new business, whether it's for a selling club or a buying one - it's a two way street. When clubs want to move players on you might give a heads up to his agent first (but not always), agent buys lunch / dinner for a press member, or just calls him with an 'inside track' - journo publishes it and everyone is now wise to the fact that the player/club/agent is open to offers...

`it's also the most sensible way to put the club (if they want to retain him) on warning that they better dig deep, or my boys off'...

Contracts are only worth the resolve of the chairman and the manager - and often, they are the one's who simply don't have enough of it.

I used to love it when Bill Nick would secretly meet up with a player in a pub car park somewhere , have a chat , work out the contract on the back of a fag packet , sign the bloke and tell the papers about it the following day . Proper way of doing it .
Bit of an old fashioned bloke , me