Scary times | Page 14 | Vital Football

Scary times

until they stop using Russian gas/oil the semi shift to other suppliers only adds to the demand and therefore price increase. The profit made by Russia has increased which has plugged the gap in the fall of revenue.

Putin needs to hurry up and die with a hope that whoever takes over withdraws. I have no idea how likely that is or if he will just hand over to another crazy.

There are too many second & third division EU states who can’t afford to not use Russian energy. The germans have made their own mess by shutting down the nuclear stations too quickly without replacing them.

Fair play to the French they don’t piss about. EPR 2 is a massive build programme that will no doubt utilise the entire capacity of the nuclear industry supply chain.
Nuclear power has oft been the elephant in the room. In many ways it's a very green energy source - just a pain in the ass safety wise to run. Obviously the waste product needs to be moved and contained safely but it doesn't take up huge swathes of space to do that.

I'm rarely an advocate of human beings dying but in Putin's case it could legitimately do the world a favour and save countless other lives. Perhaps he could succumb to one of those natural causes that seem to afflict his regime dissidents.

In the event of his demise or deposition the world can only logically look towards there being an appetite to use that as the catalyst to diplomatically build bridges on both sides.

Whilst the Russians ideally need to make reparations to Ukraine it is important the West does not rub their faces in it punitively - we know how that plays out!

Anyway, it's a moot discussion while the Kremlin psycho still draws breath.

Nuclear power has oft been the elephant in the room. In many ways it's a very green energy source - just a pain in the ass safety wise to run. Obviously the waste product needs to be moved and contained safely but it doesn't take up huge swathes of space to do that.

I'm rarely an advocate of human beings dying but in Putin's case it could legitimately do the world a favour and save countless other lives. Perhaps he could succumb to one of those natural causes that seem to afflict his regime dissidents.

In the event of his demise or deposition the world can only logically look towards there being an appetite to use that as the catalyst to diplomatically build bridges on both sides.

Whilst the Russians ideally need to make reparations to Ukraine it is important the West does not rub their faces in it punitively - we know how that plays out!

Anyway, it's a moot discussion while the Kremlin psycho still draws breath.

nuclear is very safe and is very well run to the extent the stations operation is stable, in fact one of the most regulated industries in the world. I could bore you with the detail but will not. It’s not cheap I grant you and the decommissioning takes as long as the build