Scandinavian Fans | Vital Football

Scandinavian Fans

CornyImp

Vital Youth Team
I heard that there were some Danish or Swedish imps at the game yesterday. Does anybody know them and what the connection with Lincoln is? I wasn’t sure if they are new fans because of last season or have a long standing affiliation.

Let`s find out who they are and give them a right good welcome.

Golden cross/followed by a curry/chinese back up with a plum loaf /lincolnshire pork pie and a slice of haslet.+ batemans beer.

We need to capitalise on this sort of interest for when we get into the Europa cup in a few years time!
Honestly all new and European fans are welcome they just need to be aware of the fact that in a couple of years time we could be playing Billericay in a half empty stadium.

Met a few Swedish lads at ST Pancras the other week and they were Luton supporters over for the home game against Accrington

we voted to leave (sadly) so fukc em. only Lincolnites with 30 years of provable 'wet cold tuesday nights in a home crowd of 1800' are welcome as true fans.

Yes, i have waited a long time for Wembley and that came along and already,played premier league teams and nearly got to facup semis so it seems only natural that in the next few years that we will be playing teams like Juventus and PSG at the Bank on a Tuesday night.(bttv)

Reality check this actually happened in the case of Portsmouth Fc.

westbanker - 18/3/2018 22:58

we voted to leave (sadly) so fukc em. only Lincolnites with 30 years of provable 'wet cold tuesday nights in a home crowd of 1800' are welcome as true fans.

Agreed, we don't want foreigners over here stealing our football seats and speaking better English than us. :pointy:

Wasn't there a Norwegian (I think) website dedicated to Lincoln City? I'm probably going back nearly twenty years now.

imptastic - 19/3/2018 10:36

There was a group who came over from Oslo a few times. Sat behind us one match.

Yep. Saw them in the CS one time. Last I heard of them was during the KA era.

Met a Norwegian lad at the Bank at a night game last season.

It would be good if we could show these long distance fans some hospitality.....if we could ever identify them.

until last season there was no reason for people in foreign countries to have ever heard of us

Hortin on Radio Lincs mentioned post match on Saturday that there were some Danish supporters in the crowd. UTI.

Croozey - 19/3/2018 11:48

until last season there was no reason for people in foreign countries to have ever heard of us
And because none of us locals ever crossed the county boundary nor was radio discovered :eek:uch:

When Mr Bos was playing for us his mates used to come over and watch him I seem to remember :mmmm:

Bit late to this thread! Dont know about Danish fans sat but the Norwegian fans from a from yrs ago are still coming over.I met them in a Ipswich hotel ! Also some are working in London and coming to games when they can.Top people!