Scally has spoken | Page 4 | Vital Football

Scally has spoken

Wycombes approach for comparison. A bit more detail. Hopefully scallys follow up will have more detail.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/rob-addresses-season-ticket-feedback/
Yeah I'd say well done to Wycombe and its fans.

The problem is I don't think the same changes would go down well with too many here as they'd just see it as 'scally rinsing the fans'.

Just like the consensus on here doesn't appear to be that 90% of ST holders want the club to keep their money for its survival. It takes both sides to be reasonable.

He can keep my money if he dips his hand into his own pocket. That's probably where the problem will arise, know doubt he needs to fund his lifestyle. If I'm wrong, I'm ready to put my hand up :hmmm:

PS - I am a Gillingham share holder you should know :lol:

Absolutely at least the WWFC Chairman is addressing the issue of ST holders unlike Chairman Scally who isn’t.

I have been furloughed for 3 months and my savings are dwindling significantly whilst still having all of my normal outgoings .........so 5 games of ST would equate to around £100 which normally I wouldn’t worry about .... but these times are very different.....

So he needs to be up front and tell us wtf is going to happen with this seasons residue of games and next years games .....

That is excellent, we can only dream of a similar approach from Scally. Interesting comments about why they are getting rid of free junior tickets too.
I agree with a large amount of what the Wycombe chairman says in that statement. Scally has created a strategy that has a few groups of ticket holders .
Those fans who will pay the price asked and go regularly.
Fans who go when they can normally paying full price.
Fans who mainly go to big games and pay what they have too.
Friends for a fiver fans people who only go when they can get a special deal.
And finally the freebie hunters .
But allowing the same people to return to the stadium season after season paying very little if anything it has I believe created a problem.I have felt certain all along with pay on the gate at the Brian Moore stand and a price to sell for each game advertised generally in a place where the casual fan will see it .I believe we could have a larger fan base .instead of which we have a dwindling fan base.For years the strategy has been wrong in my humble opinion.

Can i ask - what is the point in a wage deferral? That's just getting the SAME money but later.

He needs a pay CUT.

As mentioned previously I’ve deferred my “wages” initially for 3 months but possibly 6. I’m currently working my bollocks off in an effort to keep the businesses alive so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have the option of paying myself that money should economic circumstances allow.

I paid for my season ticket over a year ago, it is no longer of any financial relevance to me. As a Gills supporter the club is welcome to the money, also as reports say Paul Scally is working all hours to keep the club solvent, he is entitled to his salary/ commission. I want a club to support and watch in the future, and will purchase a new ST as soon as they are made available. Nothing would have been easier for the Chairman than to have declared the club no longer a going concern and sold off the assets and legged it, but he hasn't.

At Priestfield we have a decent demand for the Medway stand the space between the tunnels in the Rainham end and the middle blocks of the Gordon road.That is less than half of the stadium.The fact you clearly have fans wanting to go but lack of funding stops them means like the Wycombe chairman said you have to price on demand.Leaving Rainham end fans the chance if money is short to switch to the Brian Moore if their circumstances change. I did having a young child in the Championship days allowing me the flexibility of getting my son a ticket as circumstances demanded.

I paid for my season ticket over a year ago, it is no longer of any financial relevance to me. As a Gills supporter the club is welcome to the money, also as reports say Paul Scally is working all hours to keep the club solvent, he is entitled to his salary/ commission. I want a club to support and watch in the future, and will purchase a new ST as soon as they are made available. Nothing would have been easier for the Chairman than to have declared the club no longer a going concern and sold off the assets and legged it, but he hasn't.

Next years season tickets have been available for months. I bought my months ago. drop the CEO an email and ask for a call back. I am sure they would welcome any incoming cash flow.

The Roone, see post above. They have been on sale for weeks (I've already paid for my two year one). You might have missed the discount, or it might have been extended. I've not bothered keeping up, as my one is already on order.

At Priestfield we have a decent demand for the Medway stand the space between the tunnels in the Rainham end and the middle blocks of the Gordon road.That is less than half of the stadium.The fact you clearly have fans wanting to go but lack of funding stops them means like the Wycombe chairman said you have to price on demand.Leaving Rainham end fans the chance if money is short to switch to the Brian Moore if their circumstances change. I did having a young child in the Championship days allowing me the flexibility of getting my son a ticket as circumstances demanded.
You need to take into account entrances/exits, toilets etc. Also the extra outlay to disinfecting extra stands.