Scally era academy 11 | Vital Football

Scally era academy 11

Cookiejar

Vital Reserves Team
We have had some good players through practically in midfield. The striking department I'm struggling with and not sure if I can include Jason Brown who briefly played for the under 18. Anyone think of some strikers???

Brown

Hare
Nosworthy
Essam
Edge

Hessenthaler
Payne
Spiller
Dack
Jarvis
Freeman

????
????

Surely Ryan Bertrand must be included. Andrew Crofts came through the ranks and so did Simeon until we let him go and paid loads to get him back.

Last edited:
I didnt include ryan Bertrand as he didnt actually play a first team game for us. Crofts is a good shout forgot about him he was a striker in the youth team.

Just thought I'll have Jimmy Corbett up front for his pace rather than as a winger

Through the youth team and then made his debut with the Gills would be the criteria I'd use.

Brown (any other keepers at all??)

Edge
Rose
Tucker
Essam

Jarvis
Dack
Payne
Spiller

Corbett
Nosworthy (played up front a bit!)

Bit of square pegs in round holes, but not a bad side!

Mahlon Romeo and Nathan Nyafli(!) both played against Burton in our Champions celebration match.

The strength definitely lies in the midfield options with Hess junior not getting in and Corbett being pushed up front. Luke Freeman must make the bench for his one appearance in the fa cup and well done that man I forgot Tucker and Richard Rose

Ashley Miller, Andy Pugh and Luis Cumbers, although they never pushed on as much as one would have hoped?

James Pinnock deserves a special mention, not so much for his ability, but he managed to hang around so long, making just 9 substitute appearances in the league, in four seasons.

Seen a few youth team games over the years .Strangely I still think that Ashley Miller was one of our most talented players. Unfortunately it says a bit about the coaching that we seem unable to produce any out and out forwards. Although I think we do fairly well in other areas .It is forwards who command the biggest fees and always will do.
Did Jason Brown ever play for our youth team .I thought he was a Charlton youth player?

Yes he was a kid with us, but released before we brought him back. As was Tony Sinclair (what a disaster he was).

Jackson came over for a trial but didn't impress enough to be offered a contract. He never actually signed for us as a youth player.

Can't remember his name but who was the young striker who was highly thought of, he was released and moved to a Scandinavian team. Not that long ago.