Scally and Evans | Vital Football

Scally and Evans

Gills93

Vital Squad Member
Just seen the post match interview with Evans, I was surprised with the quick embrace when Paul appeared displaying his delight with the result, it would appear the two get along quite well.

Just seen the post match interview with Evans, I was surprised with the quick embrace when Paul appeared displaying his delight with the result, it would appear the two get along quite well.
Particularly given the rumours on FB that some are sharing: that Evans has taken up the option to extend his contract by a year and that Scally is pissed off about it.

Didn't believe it - but it might have been true... but I'd say the evidence here doesn't really corroborate that story, does it?

Particularly given the rumours on FB that some are sharing: that Evans has taken up the option to extend his contract by a year and that Scally is pissed off about it.

Didn't believe it - but it might have been true... but I'd say the evidence here doesn't really corroborate that story, does it?
Given it would make sense to offer a extension if certain standards are met .I would guess safety from relegation would be the major one.As we have not met that number of points I can't see it being the case of a done deal.Scally could well have mixed feelings about a new deal for various reasons. But I am sure that would not change his attitude to a win against the odds .Relegation is still to be avoided even if he is happy for Evans to move on we still need more points.My guess would be Scally will know the main issue will be the budget and that almost certainly won't have been discussed yet. Even Scally will not have a clue what will be on offer at this moment in time.

Had to laugh at that. Someone mentioned SE had triggered an extension. The resident Evans/Scally hater had to post straight away that he’d heard Scally was peeved and they don’t get on 😁 “and my sources are always correct”.

He couldn’t help raking a bit of mud over a fairly innocuous and (imho) a fairly good news ‘rumour’...

They are currently taking the p!ss out of the photo of SE and PS having a hug. Wonderful “fans” site 😂

Had to laugh at that. Someone mentioned SE had triggered an extension. The resident Evans/Scally hater had to post straight away that he’d heard Scally was peeved and they don’t get on 😁 “and my sources are always correct”.

He couldn’t help raking a bit of mud over a fairly innocuous and (imho) a fairly good news ‘rumour’...

They are currently taking the p!ss out of the photo of SE and PS having a hug. Wonderful “fans” site 😂
Fred Perry won’t be happy until both Scally and Evans have left the club. He’ll have a long wait for at least one of them to go.

Fred Perry won’t be happy until both Scally and Evans have left the club. He’ll have a long wait for at least one of them to go.
He's a fcking idiot tosspot. Perry, that is. Every post has an anti scally or anti evans angle. You could ask him the weather and he'd find a way to moan about Evans or Scally. Its very odd and he is obsessed. I wonder why he even supports gfc. Its amusing that the two most vocal admin from that group are two fans who boycott home games and instead watch more of folkestone than gfc. They seem to be running the wrong group.

Last edited:
He's a fcking idiot tosspot. Perry, that is. Every post has an anti scally or anti evans angle. You could ask him the weather and he'd find a way to moan about Evans or Scally. Its very odd and he is obsessed. I wonder why he even supports gfc. Its amusing that the two most vocal admin from that group are two fans who boycott home games and instead watch more of folkestone than gfc. They seem to be running the wrong group.

Obsessed is definitely the word for him. He must surely have some kind of illness.

Reminds me back in the day when people would post up images like

View attachment 46558
with the caption like "Scally announces Ronnie Jepson as new Gillingham manager"

Got to say some of the memes were better than some of the football under Jepson.
Did we ever actually play football under Jepson? My recollection is that it was more like capture the flag, with our flag more often than not ending up in the hand of the opposition.

Did we ever actually play football under Jepson? My recollection is that it was more like capture the flag, with our flag more often than not ending up in the hand of the opposition.
I remember him shouting and screaming at his own players for practically the entire 90 minutes. Not exactly conducive to players giving their best.

I remember him shouting and screaming at his own players for practically the entire 90 minutes. Not exactly conducive to players giving their best.
Me too - the man was totally inept as a manager and almost thug-like in his treatment of the players. I am surprised no-one ever actually threw a punch at him. Had he been my manager I may just have done so.

I wouldn't disagree but both Stan Ternent, then, and Warnock (now) have used him as their right hand man when their teams have been pretty successful.

Probably more Peter Taylor (the other one) than Brian Clough.

I wouldn't disagree but both Stan Ternent, then, and Warnock (now) have used him as their right hand man when their teams have been pretty successful.

Probably more Peter Taylor (the other one) than Brian Clough.
I'm not saying he isn't a good trainer, Ternent and Warnock are streetwise and know what they need to get results, even though it does surprise me that they turned to him.....his time with us will be remembered something like the Len Ashurst period, crap football and bad results. Maybe they just used him as a hitman to scare the shit out of the players. We looked like rabbits caught in headlights under him.

Could be that others will set me straight on this and I apologise if I have it wrong, I think I probably only saw 4 games under him....but I do remember the experience of watching his team was something akin to having an ingrowing toenail removed.

Me too - the man was totally inept as a manager and almost thug-like in his treatment of the players. I am surprised no-one ever actually threw a punch at him. Had he been my manager I may just have done so.
Inept tactics, nothing but 5-a-side on the training ground, and reports from the players that he was a bully, particularly to the kids.

Obsessed is definitely the word for him. He must surely have some kind of illness.

I’m sure if Evans and Scally were both to leave tomorrow then they’d still complain/moan. Some people seem to get their ‘kicks’ from constant negativity. Illness is definitely on the money.